Jump to content Jump to content

PS players already having access to the game

I have noticed on twitch people are streaming the F1 2021 game. I am wondering how this is happening and if they are going to have access revoked until the real release date? thanks.

6 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

it's teh same with every release, they are either Australians and ps store has messed up or they got a disc version on console either way nothing codies can do about it 

lmao no, old mate who posted is aussie as am I. Neither of us have access and last year it was xbox that got it early not ps

Edited by ttvSimdogga44

some of the guys streaming have digital ps store versions which they confirmed you can even ask in their twitch chat, if you have a physical disc then you can play regardless of console same as previous years

pc is a different story as we have to wait until steam unlocks it for us 

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

No-one's posted any bugs 🤩

Inevitably, streaming must be more important 🙄

one of em is complaining that steering assist is stuck on even tho it's off 🤣

• Haha 1
Just now, cearp8858 said:

one of em is complaining that steering assist is stuck on even tho it's off 🤣

As long as they wait until tomorrow to bring it here. Not that I'm expecting it to be busy or anything....

32 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

some of the guys streaming have digital ps store versions which they confirmed you can even ask in their twitch chat, if you have a physical disc then you can play regardless of console same as previous years

pc is a different story as we have to wait until steam unlocks it for us 

actual annoyed tho, like people streaming it rn have less than 10 followers and getting a massive viewership advantage. All i can do is sit and wait and hope that i dont lose a bunch of viewers like i did last game

4 minutes ago, ttvSimdogga44 said:

actual annoyed tho, like people streaming it rn have less than 10 followers and getting a massive viewership advantage. All i can do is sit and wait and hope that i dont lose a bunch of viewers like i did last game

If this is what it takes to get ahead....

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ttvSimdogga44 said:

Unfortunately I think that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe it'll be a karmic exercise and next year you'll be one of the lucky ones!

Ultimately, they saw the opportunity to gather an audience and they took it, can't blame them for that.  If the quality of their videos are good then they'll keep their viewers. Otherwise, if the quality drops, their audience will quickly peter away after midnight tonight so it's inconsequential long-term.

Just focus on doing your best work and don't concern yourself too much with the fortunes of others. It'll work out okay in the end. 

Just now, SmokyAtom07 said:

Unfortunately I think that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe it'll be a karmic exercise and next year you'll be one of the lucky ones!

Ultimately, they saw the opportunity to gather an audience and they took it, can't blame them for that.  If the quality of their videos are good then they'll keep their viewers. Otherwise, if the quality drops, their audience will quickly peter away after midnight tonight so it's inconsequential long-term.

Just focus on doing your best work and don't concern yourself too much with the fortunes of others. It'll work out okay in the end. 

yeah ur right i cant and im not blaming the individuals, just frustrating coz its now 2 years in a row that one platforms has gotten access before anyone else and individuals have benefited from it.

Just now, ttvSimdogga44 said:

yeah ur right i cant and im not blaming the individuals, just frustrating coz its now 2 years in a row that one platforms has gotten access before anyone else and individuals have benefited from it.

I completely understand, i'd be frustrated too if I was in your position. Keep your chin up regarding it and you'll quickly make up the difference when it unlocks for you. 🤞

Its curious, i changed nothing in the PS Settings. But when i click on the F1 2021 (digital psn store version) Logo it shows, that i can play the game in 1 hour and 10 minutes. By the way im from germany

Edited by rbndo86
Just now, rbndo86 said:

Its curious, i changed nothing in the PS Settings. But when i Click on the F1 2022 (digital psn store version) Logo it shows, that i can play the game in 1 hour and 10 minutes.

2 hours and 10 here, I'm working so it's not like it matters sadly, I'm assuming the time differences are the reason some people already have access? 

No idea why it's unlocking so early on PS though. Admin error maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Patteyh99 said:

Apparently, those who bought the game through F1 2020 get to play it 12 hours early, is the latest I've heard! Which is why everyone who has hit noon in their timezone is playing

True. so i'll be on it in a few minutes

1 hour ago, ttvSimdogga44 said:

but no one can do anything about the different time zones.
It is just the way it is, New Zealand and Australia are 12 hours ahead.

10 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

steam needs to implement a time zone thing then. because we're all stuck waiting hours for the worldwide release

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

Kinda, this.

If everyone gets the game at the exact same moment (akin to pushing a big red button) then someone is still inconvenienced.

For example two scenarios where' you're at 00:00GMT;

Scenario 1 - The current one; Everyone gets the game at 12am their time. Due to time difference, somebody gets it 12 hours earlier than you, someone gets it 12 hours later than you. 

Scenario 2 - The Big Launch Button where everyone gets the same time; It's Noon where you are and you get the game and you're happily playing away. However, due to the timezones, its midnight at the two furthest extremities so they're not getting much time to play before bed so they're technically 6-8 (depending on how long they sleep) or even 17-18 (if they have work) behind the rest of the world getting it.

At least the current method is the same amount of convenience for the single end-user as everyone gets it at midnight. 

33 minutes ago, Patteyh99 said:

Apparently, those who bought the game through F1 2020 get to play it 12 hours early, is the latest I've heard! Which is why everyone who has hit noon in their timezone is playing

Oh, weird. I ordered through the previous game and i've still got 12 hours, 44 minutes and 19 seconds remaining.  I'm not going to quibble over a few hours here or there, but odd for it to be only some people to receive that

3 minutes ago, ttvSimdogga44 said:

steam needs to implement a time zone thing then. because we're all stuck waiting hours for the worldwide release

so steam should punish those who live 12 hours away from you?

11 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

not possible with different time zones.

why not lol? steam is worldwide release supposedly, how does xbox and playstation work that causes time zones to stop a worldwide release from being possible?

also last year it was xbox released early but not playstation so whats going on there?

Edited by ttvSimdogga44