Jump to content Jump to content

We need a RAIN and Adaptibility Stat + more detailed race stats.

As the title suggest, I really would see some kind of Rain stat, for how a driver performs on mixed conditions.

So it would be valuable to hire for example Button as a midfield team and get rewarded with some vital points on mixed conditions.
It would also be a way to buff Hamilton and Max and give them an edge over Bottas.

Next stat I would add, is adaptibility, which means how fast a driver gets used to a car and when adding upgrades.
This would encourage the player sticking with a driver while they develop because they are familiar with the car.

Lastly I was thinking about how NASCAR games (such as NR 2003 Season) handled race stats. They divided them in regards to different kind of tracks, so you would have different drivers winning on Superspeedways and Road Tracks.

So a differentiation between Street Circruit, High Speed and Normal Tracks would further make choices more meaningful and separate the different drivers.

I really like the idea of Stats and having them visible to the player, however the reason they work in games like FIFA or Football Manager is because they are more diverse and foster tactical decision making.

By only having a few categories and almost maxing everything out, progression is too easy.

Edited by punkrockguy121

I'd like a much more intricate rating system. I imagine it currently exists but isn't currently visible and is background data and they only show you the 4 main metrics (Awareness, Racecraft, Pace and Experience) but that there are more that go into it.

I'd like it to be similar to FIFA where they have like 30-34 different ratings that you can see. 

So they'd have ratings out of 99 for;

Wet weather

Tyre wear

Qualifying Pace

Engine preservation

Stamina/Strength/Physical stats

Adaptability

Risk-taking

Experience

Braking

Consistency 

Overtaking

Aggression/Patience

Composure

Race starts

Awareness (still based on chances of making a mistake)

Feedback (affects R&D point gains)

Various other stats that govern how a driver performs. 

The main problem I see with displaying these is it further opens up the avenue (even more than currently) for people flooding the forums for asking why a driver has got this rating on this stat as it's preposterous to give them this or that when that other driver has this or that stat. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'd like a much more intricate rating system. I imagine it currently exists but isn't currently visible and is background data and they only show you the 4 main metrics (Awareness, Racecraft, Pace and Experience) but that there are more that go into it.

I'd like it to be similar to FIFA where they have like 30-34 different ratings that you can see. 

So they'd have ratings out of 99 for;

Wet weather

Tyre wear

Qualifying Pace

Engine preservation

Stamina/Strength/Physical stats

Adaptability

Risk-taking

Experience

Braking

Consistency 

Overtaking

Aggression/Patience

Composure

Race starts

Awareness (still based on chances of making a mistake)

Feedback (affects R&D point gains)

Various other stats that govern how a driver performs. 

The main problem I see with displaying these is it further opens up the avenue (even more than currently) for people flooding the forums for asking why a driver has got this rating on this stat as it's preposterous to give them this or that when that other driver has this or that stat. 

I think the more detailled the stats the better. I feel with the Building Upgrades it is too easy to max out most drivers as your teammates.
Or a perk system like in Motorsport Manager like "Good Follower" or "Bad Starter".
Also in theory there should be more movement with a Wet Weather, as after a dry qualfying and a wet race, the Rain Experts should move through the field.

And of course there would be criticism, however I think a sports game always will trigger discussions about ratings.