Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | FAQ's

• Administrator

Are Sprint races a part of F1® 2021?

Sprint races will not feature as part of the F1® season. They continue to feature for players racing in Formula 2™.

Which formats are available for F1® 2021?

F1® 2021 is available worldwide on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam only.

Are there upgrade options on PlayStation and Xbox?

Yes, players who purchase on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One also be able to play the game on the next generation hardware at launch, providing they remain on the same family of devices.

Will we get the three new circuits for the 2021 season?

Yes, the three new tracks, Portimão, Imola, and Jeddah, will be available to all players as free post-launch content. Our live service content may change as we continue development, and we will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible

·        Will F1® 2021 feature updated circuits for the current season?
All previously featured circuits are based on the 2020 season. The three new circuits will be created using the 2021 season lay-out.

Will we get other circuits if the calendar changes due to COVID?

No. We have aligned our game to the confirmed schedule for the start of the F1® 2021 season. The three new circuits, Portimão, Imola, and Jeddah will be available to all players as free post-launch content.

Where can I find my report code?

Pause any session. Your 16 digit report code is in the bottom left of the screen.

How do I verify the integrity of my Game Files on Steam?

• Select F1 2021, and right click on the game in your library
  • Select Properties
  • Go to Local Files > click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’

Where can I find the spec for the UDP telemetry system?

UDP Specification is here

Is my steering wheel supported?

Steering wheel supported list is here

Where can I report a bug?

To report a bug, click here

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Where can I find crash dumps, dxdiags, save files and hardware setting files?

How to find a crash dump

·         Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory. (Might want to be more clear on the process for this as it implies very hit and miss directions)

·         You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

How to find your DXDiag

·         Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.

·         In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.

·         Click on "Save all Information."

How to find your in-game hardware settings file

·         Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed

·         Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2021\"

·         Right click on the hardwaresettings folder select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

Save Files

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

PS4

·         Insert a USB drive into your console

·         Go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

·         Select your F1 2021 save and copy it to the USB.

·         Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.

·         Compress the PS4/5 folder to a zip file

·         Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

• Administrator

My Voice Commands do not work:

Due to technical limitations with our first party partners, the only platforms that have voice commands supported in 2021 are PC and PS4.