Jump to content Jump to content

From what I saw already from performance charts, i see that Aston is ahead of McLaren and Ferrari even though it's pretty close. 

I already see a HUGE thread about this coming xD

Edit: Notice now that Haas is a *little* bit ahead too of williams

Edited by Tomasslb24
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

From what I saw already from performance charts, i see that Aston is ahead of McLaren and Ferrari even though it's pretty close. 

I imagine that is based on Racing Point being better than them outright last year.  Generally a performance patch comes along to bring them in line after a few days.

But, you're right, brace the main page of the forum.... they're coming!

Fun fact; I read the title of this post "Oh no not again Codies in the exact same voice Crofty used as Austria 2020 when Albon was knocked off the track by Hamilton. 

• Haha 1
Just now, smalls048 said:

I imagine there will be a day one patch so i wouldnt worry just yet. Although i thought the same about the honda PU

Hope so, dont want to have a BIG discussion all over again about this

Just now, SmokyAtom07 said:

I imagine that is based on Racing Point being better than them outright last year.  Generally a performance patch comes along to bring them in line after a few days.

But, you're right, brace the main page of the forum.... they're coming!

Yea thought about the same but lets hope they update it fast as @smalls048mentioned

• Agree 1
  • BarryBL changed the title to Performance Index
  • Administrator

Changed the title as doesn't have any context. We do have patches coming shortly and, as ever, we also have sports updates coming throughout the year.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

sorry to be a pain, is there any clarification on "shortly" you could give us? @BarryBL

Not at this time no. Patch scheduling and its contents is unconfirmed at this time.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Changed the title as doesn't have any context. We do have patches coming shortly and, as ever, we also have sports updates coming throughout the year.

That title was just a funny one as last year the performance index was kinda wrong and there was a big revolution here about that, but I understand the change.

About the updates, I was almost sure codies would have them prepare as I believe you dont want to give your fans a "wrong" game compared to reality.

1 minute ago, Tomasslb24 said:

That title was just a funny one as last year the performance index was kinda wrong and there was a big revolution here about that, but I understand the change.

About the updates, I was almost sure codies would have them prepare as I believe you dont want to give your fans a "wrong" game compared to reality.

I'm not sure if that's like a subtle sarcasm thing concerning the incessant feedback about how the Official game doesn't represent the real world season? 😂

I don't think many people will be too worried about some slight performance mismatches just yet as they'll generally be enthusiastic to have the game. That honeymoon period should last long enough to make some changes based on early feedback, including team perfomance index.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm not sure if that's like a subtle sarcasm thing concerning the incessant feedback about how the Official game doesn't represent the real world season? 😂

I don't think many people will be too worried about some slight performance mismatches just yet as they'll generally be enthusiastic to have the game. That honeymoon period should last long enough to make some changes based on early feedback, including team perfomance index.

Nah not being sarcastic. I understand that this game is not to be seen as a full simulation game, as some people expect it to be.

I just feel a little bit anxious about that little mismatch in the performance (ferrari fan i think you understand xD), but overall it's ok. About not representing the real world season, last year was worst in terms of tracks, but that's something codies can't really do immediate and I understand that. And I'm pretty thankfull they doing everything possible to put imola, portimao (portuguese f1 fan here too xD) and jeddah in the game as soon as possible.

Edited by Tomasslb24
51 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Edit: Notice now that Haas is a *little* bit ahead too of williams

Well I think by all accounts going into this season based off of last season most would have had AM slightly ahead of McLaren & Ferrari.  Of course this year's rule changes to the floor have changed that.  I do think the 3 of them should be close together though still.   Either way, the ratings on release are always a bit behind what we actually see in real world F1 until the performance updates come out from Codies.  Hopefully those aren't too far off given the fact we're what, 9 races in to the real season already?  I wouldn't worry much about it just yet; just have to wait for the performance updates.

• Agree 1
35 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I pre-downloaded thengame on Xbox last week and there was a 7.9 GB update today. Was that the day 1 patch or will there be another one?

And also, can we expect a performance patch where the cars will be made significantly slower (especially on straights)? I've seen lap times that are 3 to 5 seconds faster than real life. That's just ridiculous. Sure F1 2021 isn't a simulation but even for arcade racer that would be too far off from being authentic.

Maybe the setups are also a factor to the crazy speeds and lap times. But for sure the acceleration and top speeds are way too much, the cars need a lot more drag in the game.

50 minutes ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

I pre-downloaded thengame on Xbox last week and there was a 7.9 GB update today. Was that the day 1 patch or will there be another one?

And also, can we expect a performance patch where the cars will be made significantly slower (especially on straights)? I've seen lap times that are 3 to 5 seconds faster than real life. That's just ridiculous. Sure F1 2021 isn't a simulation but even for arcade racer that would be too far off from being authentic.

Maybe the setups are also a factor to the crazy speeds and lap times. But for sure the acceleration and top speeds are way too much, the cars need a lot more drag in the game.

So, are you saying it's working on XB right now?  It told me earlier that I was still too early.  In Canada here btw; not sure where you are but maybe thats why.

2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

So, are you saying it's working on XB right now?  It told me earlier that I was still too early.  In Canada here btw; not sure where you are but maybe thats why.

No no. I'm not able to play either. I've seen some gameplays + had the beta. I've seen a hotlap video on twitter for Monaco... Lucas Blakeley did a 1:06,864 with default setup. For Baku I've seen 36's as well. Bahrain 24's is a joke

2 hours ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

No no. I'm not able to play either. I've seen some gameplays + had the beta. I've seen a hotlap video on twitter for Monaco... Lucas Blakeley did a 1:06,864 with default setup. For Baku I've seen 36's as well. Bahrain 24's is a joke

Which is strange, because wasn't the deluxe edition supposed to give us access today?     I still can't open it on my XB, and the store says it's available today at 8pm.  So that's a little under 2 hours from now.   I have no idea what's actually going on here.

38 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Which is strange, because wasn't the deluxe edition supposed to give us access today?     I still can't open it on my XB, and the store says it's available today at 8pm.  So that's a little under 2 hours from now.   I have no idea what's actually going on here.

Pretty strange, dont know if it got messed up by everyone but on steam I already can play since like 5pm