Jump to content Jump to content

fuel consumption is broken

Hello, fix is quite simple. Dont use low fuel setting in the fuel and tyre management practise programme.

Or let AI sim that particular practice programme.

I've not played for a month or two so suprised codies havent patched this bug.

The fuel consumption has been better compared than the last game for me. I actually have a hard time burning it off because it doesn’t seem to lose too much by keeping to rpms high.

The game always starts me with way too much fuel and I have to reduce it down to .3 or else I will be well over 1.5 by the end of a 25% race, especially if theres a safety car. I always do the practice program with standard settings.

I’m currently half way through my first season with Alfa Romeo and I haven’t done any upgrades for fuel efficiency either. Not using tc probably helps me with fuel consumption though.

Edited by MikeV27
  • Disagree 1
On 7/14/2021 at 6:58 AM, Corgidad95 said:

Yep this happened to me too. It did it in my Bahrain race, did all the practice programs, doin my race as usual, come lap 21/29 Jeff’s telling me I have 5 laps left of fuel. I restart, put 3.5 extra laps worth of fuel in and still ran out at the end, and the second half of that race I was short shifting so much I never even lit up the purple lights in the rev range, was losing so much pace to people behind me but fuel was still dropping quick. I looked up a person on YT playing the same track, same distance and their fuel worked just fine, and they were driving fast way more aggressive than I was, this is 100% a bug 

I had exact same issue at Bahrain but not any other track with the same thing I've done since game has been out . Gotta be a bug . No matter what I did to save , coasting etc blah blah it ate the fuel on the straights more than I could save . Even going slower - losing 1 second on the straight didn't help for obvious reasons .

Ps. This was with a very high maxed out red bull season 2 which had most of the fuel upgrades . 

Edited by TRJoey
Additional details

I'm having a pretty similar issue in My Team career, though for the first half of the season it wasn't an issue, it was only until i got to Hungary that i noticed the issue start to occur. Now i'm not the best at fuel consumption, so i usually stuck in +1 lap worth of fuel and that'd last me no problem until the end of the race, but in Hungary my fuel was burning at an insane rate. Playing at 100% race length, i'd basically get down to low fuel around halfway through the race! Racing exactly the same as i would usually, i'd be losing 0.5/6 units of fuel per lap, even when i applied coasting and lifting. 

At first i thought perhaps it was a worn ICE that was causing it so i swapped it out for a fresh one at Spa and again, i'd begin to run out of fuel around midway to 3/4 through the race, even when fueling perhaps +2/3/4 laps worth of fuel.

I tried racing at the same tracks in a normal Grand Prix and the issue wasn't there, fuel consumption was what i was used to so it's definitely an issue with My Teams

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, MaverickZer0 said:

I'm having a pretty similar issue in My Team career, though for the first half of the season it wasn't an issue, it was only until i got to Hungary that i noticed the issue start to occur. Now i'm not the best at fuel consumption, so i usually stuck in +1 lap worth of fuel and that'd last me no problem until the end of the race, but in Hungary my fuel was burning at an insane rate. Playing at 100% race length, i'd basically get down to low fuel around halfway through the race! Racing exactly the same as i would usually, i'd be losing 0.5/6 units of fuel per lap, even when i applied coasting and lifting. 

At first i thought perhaps it was a worn ICE that was causing it so i swapped it out for a fresh one at Spa and again, i'd begin to run out of fuel around midway to 3/4 through the race, even when fueling perhaps +2/3/4 laps worth of fuel.

I tried racing at the same tracks in a normal Grand Prix and the issue wasn't there, fuel consumption was what i was used to so it's definitely an issue with My Teams

Probably because we players tend to ride the throttle through the windy corners along with brakings, which used up way more than the game's preset prediction on fuel consumption. The race simulation will sorta fix it, just runs them like you actually would in a race and they'll calculate it according to your particular driving style. 

Edited by DRTApophis