Jump to content Jump to content

-A detailed description of the issue.

I have a problem with a sound glitch in the 2 player career mode. When drivibg you have like a background sound of cars passing by on the straight or something. But with the glitch it only lets you hear that sound. You can barely hear your own car and it just doesnt go away. Ive tried to turn the other car sound options to 0 but there is no difference. Can someone please help me with this problem?

-Report Code

TBTA-PREP-SJTG-BASC

-Platform?

Playstation 5

-Game-mode?

2 player career mode

-[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

2 players me and a friend.

-[ONLINE] Were you the host?

Yes

-What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Ive tried puuting the audio of "other cars" down. And all the other volume options but the audio wont go away.

-Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Yes ill add a video 

-How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Its just when were in a race session 25% and after some laps but somethimes also instantly it just full on lets you hear that car pass by sound. And you cant even hear your own gears changing. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2
13 hours ago, Ranger77Ice said:

I have a problem with a sound glitch in the 2 player career mode. When drivibg you have like a background sound of cars passing by on the straight or something. But with the glitch it only lets you hear that sound. You can barely hear your own car and it just doesnt go away. Ive tried to turn the other car sound options to 0 but there is no difference. Can someone please help me with this problem?

-Report Code

TBTA-PREP-SJTG-BASC

-Platform?

Playstation 5

-Game-mode?

2 player career mode

-[ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

Yes

Ive tried puuting the audio of "other cars" down. And all the other volume options but the audio wont go away.

-Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

Yes ill add a video 

-How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Its just when were in a race session 25% and after some laps but somethimes also instantly it just full on lets you hear that car pass by sound. And you cant even hear your own gears changing. 

@BarryBL?

I have a similar issue. It almost sounds like the race engineer has left his mic open and I can hear the sounds of cars passing by the pit. The onboard car sounds are almost completely drowned out.

• Agree 1
16 hours ago, Ranger77Ice said:

-Report Code

TBTA-PREP-SJTG-BASC

-Platform?

Playstation 5

-Game-mode?

2 player career mode

Yes

Yes ill add a video 

2 minutes ago, leeboy910 said:

I have a similar issue. It almost sounds like the race engineer has left his mic open and I can hear the sounds of cars passing by the pit. The onboard car sounds are almost completely drowned out.

Can you both post your in-game audio settings please and @leeboy910 can you add more detail? Game mode, track, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Thanks for all of the reports everyone. 

This has now been added to our internal report and is with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team. @leeboy910 a bug report and video like the excellent one @Ranger77Ice has provided will help too.

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for all of the reports everyone. 

This has now been added to our internal report and is with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team. @leeboy910 a bug report and video like the excellent one @Ranger77Ice has provided will help too.

Okay thanks.

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you both post your in-game audio settings please and @leeboy910 can you add more detail? Game mode, track, etc. 

Just to clarify I have now set my language from my ps5 system to english because i wanted to play braking point (which is amazing so good work to you guys). 

And a update I also have experienced the sound glitch in braking point during a race.

16261940909323103195501706810313.jpg

A detailed description of the issue.

Same issue as described in the OP. After 6 laps in the 50% race I started to have these weird sounds. Feels like replay of the gameplay is running in parallel, when driving.

Report Code

Unfortunately no

Platform

PS5

Game-mode?

MyTeam, season one, race one in Bahrain, 50% race distance

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried?

- lowering other car sounds - no effect

- lowering master sound level - my car sound and these additional sounds got more silent, but otherwise no effect

- flashback - no effect

- enabling and disabling broadcast mix - no effect

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible

Just playing MyTeam (first race). Have not noticed these additional sounds in Braking Point (I'm only at Australia post race) or in two Grand Prix races with 25% race distance.

This issue happened again today, when playing Braking Point. I was playing couple of hours, before it happened for the first time.

I was able to get rid of the additional sounds by changing audio from my headphones to my sound system. I have attached the video showing the start of the sound issue and changing the audio away from headphones. If I changed audio back to my headphones, same noises continued. I'm using my old Sony PS4 headphones with my PS5. Driving with Logitech G29, if that makes any difference. Hopefully this helps in finding the cause @BarryBL.

SMALL SPOILER ALERT, IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED BRAKING POINT YET - VIDEO INCLUDES SOME DETAILS YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO SEE BEFOREHAND!

Temporary fix:
Disable 3D audio in the settings on your PS5 and this problem goes away.

Game doesn't sound as good as it does with it on, but the constant doppler effect in your ears is unbearable.

8 minutes ago, phestik said:

Temporary fix:
Disable 3D audio in the settings on your PS5 and this problem goes away.

Game doesn't sound as good as it does with it on, but the constant doppler effect in your ears is unbearable.

Thanks for the tip @phestik, will try that.

A detailed description of the issue:
AI car's engine reverbs for far too long at areas on track it should not.
You get an almost constant doppler effect in your headphones with 3D audio on.

Report Code:
PGS-J-MKJX-XRTX-SHEG

Platform:
PS5

Game-mode:
My Career

What troubleshooting have you tried?:
Restarting the game, restarting PS5. Disabling 3D Audio and enabling it back on. Bug still persists.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?:
Posted by iBallisticjdog: https://youtu.be/nTCb08dTD1Q

How do you make the problem happen?:
Start My Career mode. Do a Free Practice with headphones on w/ 3D audio enabled. After a few laps you will hear the constant doppler effect in certain parts of the track and it seems to go on for ever. I tested this with 3D audio off and it doesn't have the audio problem.

When I play using headphones, the audio will randomly cut out every couple of minutes. Headphones are in perfect working condition, they work fine with every other game. When I use speakers I have no issues. Fix?

9 minutes ago, TEV1767 said:

When I play using headphones, the audio will randomly cut out every couple of minutes. Headphones are in perfect working condition, they work fine with every other game. When I use speakers I have no issues. Fix?

Maybe because it doesnt activate 3d sound then?? 

I've git the exact same issue. It got even worse over time in a 50% race. At some point i couldn't even hear my own car for several laps. Very hard to conzentrate while this is happening. Had the same problem also in the braking point story

I've git the exact same issue. It got even worse over time in a 50% race. At some point i couldn't even hear my own car for several laps. Very hard to conzentrate while this is happening. Had the same problem also in the braking point story

I have had this exact same issue. It seems to grow in intensity as the race goes on. Further, if you decide to watch the replay, all engine audio of the passing cars seems to be clipping and getting distorted. 

Disconnecting my headphones and reverting to TV speakers seems to fix the problem. 

https://twitter.com/sewart/status/1418039191464726533?s=20

I have the same problem. This is happening since day 1. 4 patches came out. This makes the game unplayable. If you turn off 3d sound you have sound cuts. This is unacceptable for a game to go out like this, how was this not found in testing? How much is the priority of thia fix? Im def going for a justified refund if this aint fixed in the next patch. Who can play a driving game with extremely loud sounds coming out of nowhere on such a long race.

Adding some info. This happens on all game modes.

Edited by Matsudai