Jump to content Jump to content

Time Trial ... blue line

9 minutes ago, neonpa said:

Thanks. Is it possible to turn it off? 👀

IT's in Time Trial Settings - Personal Best Telemetry Mode, so pretty sure it's your fastest lap route. 

You get full lap, when you braked for a corner, or none. 

EDIT: there's also Rival Telemetry so Adam is right as well. 

What a faff on haha

Edited by KNT2011
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
4 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

IT's in Time Trial Settings - Personal Best Telemetry Mode, so pretty sure it's your fastest lap route. 

You get full lap, when you braked for a corner, or none. 

EDIT: there's also Rival Telemetry so Adam is right as well. 

What a faff on haha

Thanks guys. Worked a charm.

I noticed, and realised what this was when I was doing a lap at Bahrain and I saw a weird blue line and was thinking "wow, they've really screwed up the racing line this year. It looks weird and nobody takes the corner that badly except for me..." and that's when it clicked that it was the line I took for my best lap. 

Kinda felt like lap-shaming to be honest as it's embarrassing to see all your previous mistakes in the form of a wavy dotted blue line 😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Overall now that the panic of the mysterious blue line has subsided, it's a pretty cool feature. I've taken the same lines now for 10+ years like, so I'm pretty stuck in my ways, but I appreciate all the extra details. 

1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

Overall now that the panic of the mysterious blue line has subsided, it's a pretty cool feature. I've taken the same lines now for 10+ years like, so I'm pretty stuck in my ways, but I appreciate all the extra details. 

It did help me see where I was losing time on the best lap as you can visually see where your line is too narrow or if you brake too late.  Managed to effortlessly take two tenths out a lap that I thought was pretty solid in the first place.  Nice to see something included that you didn't even know you'd need. 

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

It did help me see where I was losing time on the best lap as you can visually see where your line is too narrow or if you brake too late.  Managed to effortlessly take two tenths out a lap that I thought was pretty solid in the first place.  Nice to see something included that you didn't even know you'd need. 

Its been in the other games for many years 😊

21 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

Its been in the other games for many years 😊

You sure? It's certainly not been by default and I've never seen those options, though I would have never thought to look before. 

10 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

You sure? It's certainly not been by default and I've never seen those options, though I would have never thought to look before. 

Yeah its never been default before but could been turn on and off the same as now. You can even download any other players lap and turn on their racing line to make impovements to your own drivning. I used that many times to get faster laptimes

• Agree 1