Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 first impressions

As frustrated and disappointed as I am with F1 2021 thus far I've got to hand it to the dev team.  The handling/driving is just awesome IMO... but then this happened.   I just ran a race at Singapore and damn it's impressive to look at.  Especially my FP3 session; the sky and the sunset like effect on the clouds.  The lighting on the buildings; just awesome to see.   Nice job in this department.

Edited by petro1319
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, marioho said:

@erik3375 don't we have the OSD Customization menu anymore? You can resize, reposition and toggle pretty much every HUD element out there. At least that was the case on F1 2020.

We do still have this. Not sure if it will allow it to be adjusted how Erik may want but you're absolutely right this is where to start.

• Like 1
On 7/19/2021 at 9:47 AM, Ultra3142 said:

We do still have this. Not sure if it will allow it to be adjusted how Erik may want but you're absolutely right this is where to start.

In the Xbox version as well? Looked around but could not find it. 🤨

Tbh, i wasn't going to buy this years game. I knew it was a transition year for codies from PS4 and XBOX to PS5 and XSeriesX so the updates to this years game would have been minor.

However the heatwave meant im not sleeping so why not play some f1 instead?

Its more of the same, with some bugs that will hopefully get patched. Also hopeful that the missing tracks are released sooner rather than later.

Maybe the 2022 or 2023 game will be more polished with codies gegting help from EA. 

One of the biggest weaknesses of this series under codies has been the strategy side of the game. An element that is so fundamentally important to F1 in real life. Not easy to pull off in a game i guess, but im hopeful that future releases will improve the core product rather than add yearly novelty items that are instantly forgettable. 

1 hour ago, erik3375 said:

In the Xbox version as well? Looked around but could not find it. 🤨

I'd be very surprised if XBOX was any different to PlayStation in this regard. I forget quite where it is without the game open in front of me but start by going out on track in TT and then go into the pause menu (Options button on PS but not sure on XB).

On 7/21/2021 at 12:24 AM, Ultra3142 said:

I'd be very surprised if XBOX was any different to PlayStation in this regard. I forget quite where it is without the game open in front of me but start by going out on track in TT and then go into the pause menu (Options button on PS but not sure on XB).

Checked again but it is simply not there. 😫

14 hours ago, erik3375 said:

Checked again but it is simply not there. 😫

This seems unlikely. It was in F1 2020 on my PS4 so I really would have thought you still have an option to edit the OSD. So you can be sure I've just checked where the option is for me. If I get on the track in TT and then press the button to get to the pause menu (Options on PS but not sure on XBOX), then go to settings, in the bottom row in the middle I get an 'ON-SCREEN DISPLAY' option. Select this and then the second option down for me is OSD Customisation, which is what you want.

Edited by Ultra3142

I can never remember the path to the option but (1) it is not that obscure and (2) I can 💯% guarantee it is in F1 2021 (on PS4 at least) as I did some changes to my HUD.

• Like 1