Jump to content Jump to content

Two Player Career: Equal Performance only?

Just started playing two player career with a friend and the performance mode for cars is set to equal, so there is no difference between the Mercedes and Alpha Tauri cars and drivers results are basically random. Is this a bug or something I missed in settings? I looked all over couldn’t find it.

• Agree 3

Hi can we get this sorted please im also having same problem, however i notice if you use casual settings the performance equal mode is then off, but when expert custom control then equal mode is turned on which is very disappointing, hopefully bug . bump

If that is true it was really suck and actually be pretty rediculous. That is the beauty of this mode, to take a weak team like Haas and bring it to the front of the grid.

Have to take a look myself this evening. But we still got this VERY important new story mode.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Hertacles said:

Just started playing two player career with a friend and the performance mode for cars is set to equal, so there is no difference between the Mercedes and Alpha Tauri cars and drivers results are basically random. Is this a bug or something I missed in settings? I looked all over couldn’t find it.

I've got exactly the same problem as well; Xbox One. We just decided to not start one yet in the hope it is fixed.

2 hours ago, TMCHeavy said:

This Looks like a bug on your end, I’m doing one right now and it’s not set to Equal

So I can set the racing style as casual and it makes performance realistic but then I can’t turn any assists off.

I've just had an in game notification that content was downloading (top left corner) and now this seems to be fixed for us and shows realistic performance instead. Might be worth restarting your game to see if this does the same for you guys

20 minutes ago, TheHellblazer82 said:

I've just had an in game notification that content was downloading (top left corner) and now this seems to be fixed for us and shows realistic performance instead. Might be worth restarting your game to see if this does the same for you guys

Okay so there’s now an option to switch between equal and realistic performance without changing racing style? 

made sure my co op career was set to realistic but yet the quali pace is all messed up, mazespin got 3rd in the slowest car when max and lewis arent even in the top 10, ruins co op career and i cant play it until a patch is released

• Agree 1
21 hours ago, Hertacles said:

Okay so there’s now an option to switch between equal and realistic performance without changing racing style? 

It changes with the casual/standard/expert setting. Unfortunately it seems to have put Standard and Expert on equal performance again today, although it was working yesterday, so no idea what is happening with it

I hopped on my PC yesterday and it seems like the problem was fixed. Had the option for realistic performance and on standard/expert racing style. I wasn’t able to hop in to double check in the race itself but in settings it was definitely different and correct compared to the first day of launch. I did notice there was something downloading in the top left when I first opened the game, so I’m wondering if a small patch was sent out.

Encountered the same issue earlier today, playing a 2p Career for the first time on PS5 (other player on PS4 Pro). The game started correctly and practice sessions and qualifying went as expected. We paused for dinner and reloaded afterwards and we noticed immediately in the race that cars at the back of the grid were all going much quicker. When we completed the race we backed out to the main lobby I could see that sure enough it was now showing as Equal Performance and the only means to change it was to toggle back to Casual driving style. 😕

Edited by gedeye
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 1:19 AM, Hertacles said:

I have the same issue. We also have the issue of having to sit through quali 2 and 3 even though both players have been eliminated. Please fix this. Spent over £135 on two copies, plus podium pass for this. Playing on xbox one console. 

The equal performance on expert bug is absolutely ridiculous. Needs sorting ASAP. Not playable in the state it is in. 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, morrisseyviva99 said:

I have the same issue. We also have the issue of having to sit through quali 2 and 3 even though both players have been eliminated. Please fix this. Spent over £135 on two copies, plus podium pass for this. Playing on xbox one console. 

The equal performance on expert bug is absolutely ridiculous. Needs sorting ASAP. Not playable in the state it is in. 

Thanks.

I’m pretty sure if both of you just ‘Retire from Session” after whatever Q you are eliminated from it will end the session for both of you. 

There's numerous bugs in this game including the game copying settings from previous drives, Like when going into two player career from time trial the damage will be turned off.... pretty ridiculous stuff

27 minutes ago, Hertacles said:

I’m pretty sure if both of you just ‘Retire from Session” after whatever Q you are eliminated from it will end the session for both of you. 

If you're both out in quali one it should skip through qual 2 and 3 and just give you the results. But the game has a bug where sometimes it forgets and you have to watch the entirety of quali or exit the game and go back in. There is no option to retire from session as you've already been eliminated. Struggling with the game because all the cars are on equal performance so quali times are so close it makes it hard. I can't understand how these issues weren't picked up in the beta. Still waiting on a patch for xbox. I hope it releases soon. Whole reason I bought 2 copies was to play against my brother. 

Hello, I have a solution to this problem, in my PC works, i don't know if works on xbox/pc

To quit equal car performance yo need to go to time trial and when you go to select the car put the performance on equal and change again to realisitc, then close the game (restart) and when you're going to the career mode you will get the realistic performance.

In my case, I'm the host of the lobby and  I created the career mode, if the career mode was created by your friend, tell him this steps!

Edited by YeDe

Another temp fix is to do this: Social Play > Create A Lobby > Friends Only > Settings > Lobby Options > Car Select: F12021 > If it's on Equal change it to Realistic if it's already on Realistic turn it to Equal then back to Realistic. 

Obviously, it isn't really what you would want to do but it's a temporary solution, this can be done by whoever joins the lobby first (doesn't have to be the person who created the 2plyr career mode.) 

• Agree 1

I just found a fix from another forum. 

"There is an official workaround from Codies: Host of the two-player career should go to: Multiplayer > Social Play > Create Custom Game > Choose 'No (Open)' Lobby > Settings > Lobby Options Change car category > F1 2021, then change car performance: realistic Exit to main menu Host loads back to their 2P career

• Agree 3