Jump to content Jump to content

XBOX Series S - Thrustmaster TX - buttons cannot be mapped

Hello,

• A detailed description of the issue: I am using Thrustmaster TX. wheels and pedals are working fine, but I cannot map buttons on the wheel. Whenever I try to map a button, the relative field remains as "Waiting for input" indefinetely. However, I don't have any problems with using the same buttons on the wheel while navigating in menus, they work fine. It's just the software somehow does not recognize the buttons as a mapping input during "binding". Btw, I don't have any problems in F1 2020 with the same wheel and console.
  • Error code: I am not sure whether it's related, but I have this code on my bottom left hand side on options screen: MSVH-RKAG-DDRH-GXEG
  • Platform: Xbox series S
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    • I have turned off the controller. Tried re-launched the game without the controller, only using buttons on the wheel. Nothing changed.
    • Restarted console
    • Re-plugged wheel to the console/power
    • I have mapped actions using the controller, hoping that I can use the relative buttons on the wheel during racing, no luck. Turns out that the control scheme directly distinguishes inputs from controller and wheel. If you assign an action to "A" button on the controller, it only works on the controller but not with the "A" button on the wheel.
    • I have disabled/enabled different schemes, save new ones, duplicate existing ones etc.

Please help me, I cannot race efficiently atm, it's kinda unplayable for me 😞 

IMG_9255.jpeg

• Mlovian changed the title to XBOX Series S - Thrustmaster TX - buttons cannot be mapped

I had the same issue. The workaround is to use a controller to map the buttons and not the wheel itself.

This made it so I was unable to use the A button and Select button to use overtake and look behind respectively.

I was able to fully bind the buttons by doing it while in the pause menu while in an online race.

So to recap, use controller to map the buttons and then confirm them using the wheel whilst paused online. This worked for me.

I already have tried that.. not working.. the game only accepts input from the controller for those certain mappings

check original post:

• “I have mapped actions using the controller, hoping that I can use the relative buttons on the wheel during racing, no luck. Turns out that the control scheme directly distinguishes inputs from controller and wheel. If you assign an action to "A" button on the controller, it only works on the controller but not with the "A" button on the wheel.”
4 hours ago, Mlovian said:

Hello,

• A detailed description of the issue: I am using Thrustmaster TX. wheels and pedals are working fine, but I cannot map buttons on the wheel. Whenever I try to map a button, the relative field remains as "Waiting for input" indefinetely. However, I don't have any problems with using the same buttons on the wheel while navigating in menus, they work fine. It's just the software somehow does not recognize the buttons as a mapping input during "binding". Btw, I don't have any problems in F1 2020 with the same wheel and console.
  • Error code: I am not sure whether it's related, but I have this code on my bottom left hand side on options screen: MSVH-RKAG-DDRH-GXEG
  • Platform: Xbox series S
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    • I have turned off the controller. Tried re-launched the game without the controller, only using buttons on the wheel. Nothing changed.
    • Restarted console
    • Re-plugged wheel to the console/power
    • I have mapped actions using the controller, hoping that I can use the relative buttons on the wheel during racing, no luck. Turns out that the control scheme directly distinguishes inputs from controller and wheel. If you assign an action to "A" button on the controller, it only works on the controller but not with the "A" button on the wheel.
    • I have disabled/enabled different schemes, save new ones, duplicate existing ones etc.

Please help me, I cannot race efficiently atm, it's kinda unplayable for me 😞 

IMG_9255.jpeg

Please post a full bug report after you have ensured you have updated the Thrustmaster firmware on a PC.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the help. I have plugged my wheel to a PC and updated drivers. After that, I have tried again, and unfortunately still not working.

My original post is the bug report itself, I don't know what else should I do. Please elaborate in case you mean a dump/application log etc. for XBOX, because I am not aware of such a process.

My report code is changed though, now it's: DBVK-KCRS-MTRS-GMJG

Thank you

Edited by Mlovian
45 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Did you update the firmware too?

I have downloaded and installed the exact "FIRMWARE AND DRIVER PACKAGE" 2021_TTRS_2.exe as mentioned in:

8 hours ago, Mlovian said:

I already have tried that.. not working.. the game only accepts input from the controller for those certain mappings

check original post:

• “I have mapped actions using the controller, hoping that I can use the relative buttons on the wheel during racing, no luck. Turns out that the control scheme directly distinguishes inputs from controller and wheel. If you assign an action to "A" button on the controller, it only works on the controller but not with the "A" button on the wheel.”

Yes I had the same issue, you then need to go online and do it again with the wheel and itll work.

Hi Barry,

For a miriculously 2 minutes, I was able to map a scheme and instantly saved it. The problem still persists, I cannot make any further mappings but right now I'm hanging on, the game is playable for me with the scheme I managed to save. So, since you are already packed with lots of issues, don't waste time with that. Thanks anyway.

However, all the problems reported by other ppl occur to me too:

- Game saves corrupt, everything goes back to factory settings (the game asks me EULA etc. just like it's the first time etc.) So far, I managed to recover everything twice so I saved myself from experiencing the mapping issue again

- FFB vanishes in the middle of the game. But it seems to be working right after I re-plug everything

- DRS sound not existing

- There are graphical glitches, texts pixellated, low resolution on certain areas on the screen, but I suspect these might be related with my HDMI cable not being optimized for HDR. I will buy a new cable and try that anyway. 

It's possible to re-map buttons, but it takes many attempts. Had this problem with TS-XW and Open Wheel.

You have to keep trying to remap a button until it works basically. It took me around 5-10 tries to change each button. Don't leave the screen and just keep pressing "A" button and then desired button until it registeres. 

Hope it helps

Edited by Aeghnor
1 minute ago, TFBISE16 said:

Yes I had the same issue, you then need to go online and do it again with the wheel and itll work.

What do you exactly mean by online? I am connected to the servers but do you mean that I need to jump into an online/multiplayer race and try to switch in the middle of the session??

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Aeghnor said:

It's possible to re-map buttons, but it takes many attempts. Had this problem with TS-XW and Open Wheel.

You have to keep trying to remap a button until it works basically. It took me around 5-10 tries to change each button. Don't leave the screen and just keep pressing "A" button and then desired button until it registeres. 

Hope it helps

Trust me mate, I have spent 10 minutes and 100+ presses just to map ERS, no luck 🤣

Just only one time for a couple minutes, everything worked fine and I have managed to map&save a scheme, so it's alright for me atm.

Thanks

Just now, Mlovian said:

Trust me mate, I have spent 10 minutes and 100+ presses just to map ERS, no luck 🤣

Just only one time for a couple minutes, everything worked fine and I have managed to map&save a scheme, so it's alright for me atm.

Thanks

Unlucky. Just wanted to share what worked for. 

2 minutes ago, Mlovian said:

What do you exactly mean by online? I am connected to the servers but do you mean that I need to jump into an online/multiplayer race and try to switch in the middle of the session??

Thanks!

Yes exactly! I could only get the wheel to bind controls after I'd made the preset with the pad and then paused during an online race to confirm the buttons in the settings with the wheel. It would only let me do it while in an online race.

• Administrator

Thanks team, I've replicated this one. I've added this as a bug and is now with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team.

Hi, 

I am wondering if anyone else has come across this yet. I have just swapped from f1 2019 where everything worked correctly and have just started on f1 2021 using my xbox series x and I am now unable to alter any button mapping while using my formula v2 wheel with the podium paddles attached. I can not change any of the preset button map positions. Even when i try to use the basic a, x, y and b it still doesn't work. 

All the buttons work in game with the preset settings i just really wish i could alter certain buttons to my liking.

Hopefully someone can help me

23 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

Yes exactly! I could only get the wheel to bind controls after I'd made the preset with the pad and then paused during an online race to confirm the buttons in the settings with the wheel. It would only let me do it while in an online race.

I had exactly the same issue but with a Thrustmaster TMX on Series X.  I followed these instruction but I didn't have to go online.  Just setup a local grand prix and hit pause whilst waiting to start the race.  Went to the TMX settings and had to hit the A followed by the button I wanted to map a few times but it did eventually work.  Hitting A and then the button to map never worked no matter how many times I tried when accessing the settings from the main screen though. 

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

For Thrustmaster users, please update your firmware and wheel drivers (you will need a PC for this) and please try to do this. I've updated firmware and drivers, and now works as designed.

Is there going to be a solution for those of us that don't have a PC?

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Thrustmaster wheel in the game on my Series X and it is not possible to update the firmware from my Macbook.