Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

[XBOX] Steering wheel rotation not corresponding with setting

A detailed description of the issue.

The game treats the maximum rotation setting as if it was set to half of that number. So when it's set to 360 degrees, it acts like it's set on 180.

Report Code

I don't have my Xbox on anymore so I would not know

Platform?

Xbox Series X

Game-mode?

It happened in Time Trial for me

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

I have tried using different preset control schemes, turning the console off and on, restarting the game and restarting my wheel.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

None available.

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Make sure the steering wheel maximum rotation is set to 360 degrees.

Pick any F1 2021 car at any circuit in time trial on Xbox, then turn the wheel to the left or right. 

When turning 90 degrees left or right, the steering wheel in the game is already fully turned 180 degrees

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Same issue here on Series X and Fanatec Podium DD1 with Formula v2 wheel...

I tried then with a Drivehub-converter and Fanatec in CSW2.5-Mode, that works fine with correct degrees (but of course: not the same FFB feeling in this mode...).

Same issue here for xbox series x.

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 + ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5X.

@Verqlan Thank you for the workaround, for now I just set the Base to something around 600°. I will try the disconnect solution later.

But we definetly need a fix for that .....

I seem to remember this issue popped up during the beta. There is a workaround and I will see if I can find it.

I was correct. Issue looked at by devs. Possible workaround:

I've found out that if you set the degrees of rotation to "AUTO" from the wheel base it acts ALMOST RIGHT (rotation seems good, but the wheel doesn't stop when fully turned).

• Agree 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

Your wheel is probably in keyboard mode. Go into force feedback settings in the game and try choosing your wheel and the press Enable.

@HarryBW suggestion offered here to get it out of keyboard mode

40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@HarryBW suggestion offered here to get it out of keyboard mode

This keeps a keyboard preset selected in the settings, there's no way for me to disable the keyboard presets entirely.

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

I seem to remember this issue popped up during the beta. There is a workaround and I will see if I can find it.

I was correct. Issue looked at by devs. Possible workaround:

I've found out that if you set the degrees of rotation to "AUTO" from the wheel base it acts ALMOST RIGHT (rotation seems good, but the wheel doesn't stop when fully turned).

Any way how I can do this with my Logitech G923? 

9 hours ago, xGood7 said:

The game treats the maximum rotation setting as if it was set to half of that number. So when it's set to 360 degrees, it acts like it's set on 180.

Report Code

Platform?

Xbox Series X

Game-mode?

I have tried using different preset control schemes, turning the console off and on, restarting the game and restarting my wheel.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

None available.

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.     The thrustmaster TM isn’t on the force feedback 

Pick any F1 2021 car at any circuit in time trial on Xbox, then turn the wheel to the left or right. 

When turning 90 degrees left or right, the steering wheel in the game is already fully turned 180 degrees

Edited by HarryBW
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

Thanks for all of the reports everyone. 

This has now been added to our internal report and is with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team.

I have the clubsport wheel and base and found that if this happened on the beta all I needed to do was switch it into pc mode (hold y and menu button on the wheel), and then switch it back and it then works fine.

hope this helps people with fanatec equipment. 

3 hours ago, dansmotorsport said:

I have the clubsport wheel and base and found that if this happened on the beta all I needed to do was switch it into pc mode (hold y and menu button on the wheel), and then switch it back and it then works fine.

hope this helps people with fanatec equipment. 

This was the solution/workaround I was looking for (regarding Fanatec gear) and as I recall correct this was a one time action only.

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, xGood7 said:

Report Code

Platform?

Xbox Series X

Game-mode?

None available.

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Same issue on My xbox series x, TS-XW, SF1000. 

14 hours ago, HarryBW said:

14 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for all of the reports everyone. 

This has now been added to our internal report and is with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team.

will it be fixed in the Day 1 patch?