Jump to content Jump to content

[XBOX] Steering wheel rotation not corresponding with setting

even after patch 1.5 the wheel rotation problem persists: tried to switch to pc mode and then xbox; detach and reattach the steering wheel; switch the console off and on again alternately; in party and non-party groups; in all game modes (gp, tt, online); also tried with the steering wheel degrees at 800 and AUTO (as suggested in another thread) but it remains a driving style of "yes ok I can drive, but I'm from f2 (or gp2 as Alonso would say); I really don't know what to do, first time I have encountered this problem since 2017. I answered here because it was one of the first posts to talk about this problem and after the pacht I wanted to try again to pick up the steering wheel but nothing unfortunately šŸ˜ž thank you for your attention and sorry for the long message

You are not alone ... hopefully that will come with the next patch. Nor do I understand how to be satisfied with this workaround. It just feels spongy and wrong. I also drive on the PC (no problems) and the change is twice as hard every time.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Podium racing Wheel F1 with all Drivers and Firmware updated to the latest VersionĀ and i have to set the 'sen' in the wheelbase to 2520 to match the 360 degrees steering angle in the game. The Problem here is, this workaround only works in Quality Mode on Xbox, in performance Mode the steering feels really awful...

Ā 

This is only the case on Xbox Series X, on PC and PS5 areĀ no Problems.Ā 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:14 PM, IGLDuskwalker82 said:

I have a Podium racing Wheel F1 with all Drivers and Firmware updated to the latest VersionĀ and i have to set the 'sen' in the wheelbase to 2520 to match the 360 degrees steering angle in the game. The Problem here is, this workaround only works in Quality Mode on Xbox, in performance Mode the steering feels really awful...

Ā 

This is only the case on Xbox Series X, on PC and PS5 areĀ no Problems.Ā 

Exactly the same situation since the first version. I also drive on the PC without problems and also have the latest firmware/driver in use. And I know from others with the combination Xbox One Seriex X/Podium DD1Ā that they still have the same problems.

But the label of this thread is still "with developers 2021". So of course I still hope that we will get better at some point...Ā 

Edited by CraagleSZ
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, ovaldread said:

i dunno whats going on as i still have the problem i have my fanatec wheel and in game set to 360 degrees and i turn my wheel a tiny amount and in game its like im going a 90 degree corner

Put you in wheel setting to auto

this should solve the issue.Ā 

On 10/24/2021 at 1:56 PM, ovaldread said:

i did that and just understeered off the track even with the correct rotation

Then either adjust the in game setting or your setup is not right.

for info I run 320 wheel rotation in game with wheel on auto.Ā 

While the issues being ā€œaddressedā€ Fanatec put out new driver 423. Has new base F/W and motor F/W for most products, but I know for sure for my DD2.

They have added higher maximum rotation values past 2250. Thereā€™s now additionallyĀ 2340,Ā 2430 and 2520 degrees of rotation. This then increases the in game in settings and you can now achieve full 360 degree lock to lock with 2520.

There is also significant improvement with data between the motor and base and I found a substantial improvement in the handling.

This helps a lot while this issues being fixed.

Its important to note fanatec say you must upgrade the base and motor firmwares donā€™t use the new motor firmware without the base or vice versa.

Theres also posts there reflecting other users on F1 and other games finding improvement. The sampling rate Iā€™m assuming is up.

With time restraints yesterday I could only test out in Austria with a full qualification and 25% race, but same opponents I was way faster. I did increase my max rotation from 2250 to 2340 yields about 295 / 300 degreesā€¦. 2550 is exactly 360.

Be nice once codemasters fix the wheel rotation angle bug but meantime you can survive better šŸ™‚

Ā 

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...