Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issue Master Thread

• Codemasters Staff

Are you able to confirm the drivers that you are using and the firmware version that your wheel is on? We'd recommend updating to the latest versions from Thrustmaster if you haven't done so already.

For Thrustmaster users that have no force feedback: please try update your software (Thrustmaster Control Panel) first.

I'm using a TX wheel base and initially there was no FFB either. But after updating the software to the latest version, I've got FFB. (But there seems to be a bug that will remove all the texts from the control panel.)

However the turning seems very inconsistent. Not sure if it's because of the default calibration setting isn't correct. I'll test tomorrow and report back.

a few suggestions for you all in this post in another thread

if you have latest drivers it is also worth uninstalling and reinstalling

Edited by steviejay69
Removed poor advice

Report Code: CTBM-VVVX-VMKD-TPMG

I have the problem with my Steeringwheel (Thrustmater T150 FFB) that the Force Feedback wont work i´ve tried already to disconnect and connect the Steering wheel thats wouldn´t help.

So what could I or you do so that the Force Feedback of my Steeringwheel would work again it worked already in F1 2020 and previous versions.

Same for thrustmaster t300

Seems like this game is still in alpha stage even tho its released. 

Its always nice to pay 70 euro for a game that is not complete. Will refund the game until the finished game is released. And i wont buy deluxe edition,

• Agree 1

Both of you, fill out a proper bug report. This issue is already known and with developers. Workarounds have been mentioned and it wouldn't surprise me if updating drivers and firmware solves your problems. Hasn't been mentioned enough. And the refund discussion is not appreciated too. Warnings will be issued.

Moderator note: you are entitled to give your opinion, but at this stage we encourage constructive posts, aimed in solving issues. 

• BarryBL changed the title to Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issue Master Thread
  • BarryBL pinned this topic
33 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Both of you, fill out a proper bug report. This issue is already known and with developers. Workarounds have been mentioned and it wouldn't surprise me if updating drivers and firmware solves your problems. Hasn't been mentioned enough. And the refund discussion is not appreciated too. Warnings will be issued.

Moderator note: you are entitled to give your opinion, but at this stage we encourage constructive posts, aimed in solving issues. 

I have done a driver update and have exited and re-entered the game a few times to no avail. I have tried the pause/unpause that was was recommended above but still no force feedback. At this point I think it falls to the Codies guys who I’m sure are working hard to find a fix.

• Like 1
  • No FFB presented through the wheel of Thrustmaster T300RS
  • DMKP-DPTA-DXCC-DKBE
  • PC - WIndows 10
  • All
  • Different wheel settings made new presets, unplugged wheel, plugged back in again, updated firmware and drivers, turned ffb off and on again in game
  • No Video, issue hardware related
  • Go into any game mode on pc with a thrustmaster T300RS and drive round the track, over kerbs etc, you will feel no FFB input

Tried all workarounds but to no avail...

Codies/EA....

I have spent close to £70 of my hard earned cash on a product with a FUNDAMENTAL flaw. I work in software development and if issues such as this arrise my head will be on the chopping block.
    Simply not good enough.
    It's basically unplayable with a wheel and no FFB, fed up of early access players being free test dummies to you guys who ant be bothered to test a game with the excuse of 'oh we'll patch it later'.

Suggest you consider refunding everyone affected the difference between deluxe and standard edition or offering some form of compensation. This just not fair.
  • Agree 5

FIX Had to update my t300 to the latest version 33 firmware to get FFB in this game. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed and then complete the firmware update!!!

Was originally on V31 firmware and had no FFB at all. V33 works perfectly.

• Thanks 1
  • No FFB on F1 2020 with my Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback wheel.

• SXRG-AGDA-DHCH-CDVG

• PC/Steam

• Grand Prix mode

• I’ve tried restarting the game numerous times and adjusting the FFB settings.

• No video necessary. Wheel works fine on all other sim racing titles.

• The game simply came with the issue.

• please fix this

23 hours ago, Schneehase said:

You probably tabbed out of the game using the windows key, while the game was running in fullscreen mode. This causes the force feedback to vanish, you can disconnect and reconnect your wheel, then force feedback should be back again. I have not tried yet, but as a workaround using borderless windowed mode instead of fullscreen might work better, when you tend to tab out a lot?

There is no loss of FFB when I ALT-TAB from Fullscreen. I've tried this with different cars, tracks, game modes, even from standard accounts (Thrustmaster drivers, Steam installed in Adminstrator account, logged into existing account in standard account)

Only thing I had to install into the standard account was MSI Afterburner.

I used to run Fullscreen Windowed but on F1 2021 I've used Fullscreen without issue.

• Disagree 1

I also have a problem with the force feedback on F1 2021 with my tmx force feedback and it works perfectly with other games 

• Force feedback is fine at first but while playing the force feedback is disabled
  • Report Code : none
  • Platform : x box one
  • Game-mode : all 
  • I am offline
  • i am offline
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party : no
  • How do you make the problem happen? While playing the force feedback is disabled and everything  works fine. I didn’t do anything in particular.
On 7/12/2021 at 9:27 PM, MoonMike8 said:

When i first started the game i tweaked all the settings (including force feedback) and it worked and was completely fine for like an hour, but suddenly out of nowhere i have no or almost no force feedback and also what seems to be a steering assist even though i have the assist off. I have the latest drivers and firmware for my wheel installed.

Platform: PC

Game-Mode: Every Mode

Report Code: KESH-KXPM-JHSM-GMJE

For the T300 the recommended FFB overall strength is 75% in the driver and to run forced cooling mode.

https://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf

F1® 2021 | Supported Wheels and Controllers - F1® 2021 Game Forum - Codemasters Community

6 hours ago, Ghoose13 said:

I also have a problem with the force feedback on F1 2021 with my tmx force feedback and it works perfectly with other games 

Force feedback is fine at first but while playing the force feedback is disabled

• Report Code : none
  • Platform : x box one
  • Game-mode : all 
  • I am offline
  • i am offline
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party : no
  • How do you make the problem happen? While playing the force feedback is disabled and everything  works fine. I didn’t do anything in particular.

Please update the firmware on a PC

F1® 2021 | Supported Wheels and Controllers - F1® 2021 Game Forum - Codemasters Community

7 hours ago, Carenthusiast66 said:
  • No FFB on F1 2020 with my Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback wheel.

• SXRG-AGDA-DHCH-CDVG

• PC/Steam

• Grand Prix mode

• I’ve tried restarting the game numerous times and adjusting the FFB settings.

• No video necessary. Wheel works fine on all other sim racing titles.

• The game simply came with the issue.

• please fix this

Please troubleshoot the issue

18 hours ago, WildPhilosopher said:

For Thrustmaster users that have no force feedback: please try update your software (Thrustmaster Control Panel) first.

I'm using a TX wheel base and initially there was no FFB either. But after updating the software to the latest version, I've got FFB. (But there seems to be a bug that will remove all the texts from the control panel.)

However the turning seems very inconsistent. Not sure if it's because of the default calibration setting isn't correct. I'll test tomorrow and report back.

I have started F1 2021 today and again no FFB in Trim Trial on first launch of the game. FFB in F1 2020 is normal. Software and firmware already updated to the latest yesterday. It seems that this is really a bug on Codemaster's side.

1 hour ago, WildPhilosopher said:

I have started F1 2021 today and again no FFB in Trim Trial on first launch of the game. FFB in F1 2020 is normal. Software and firmware already updated to the latest yesterday. It seems that this is really a bug on Codemaster's side.

Report code: GAXM-MERV-HMKH-KDVG
Platform: Steam, Windows 10 (21H1 19043.1083), Thrustmaster TX

I'm reporting back a temporary solution: disconnect and re-connect the wheel in game will bring back FFB. Tried it in Time Trial and the 'solution' is effective each time. FFB isn't present when the game is launched with the wheel already connected.

2 hours ago, WildPhilosopher said:

Report code: GAXM-MERV-HMKH-KDVG
Platform: Steam, Windows 10 (21H1 19043.1083), Thrustmaster TX

I'm reporting back a temporary solution: disconnect and re-connect the wheel in game will bring back FFB. Tried it in Time Trial and the 'solution' is effective each time. FFB isn't present when the game is launched with the wheel already connected.

Can you try restarting your machine? Leave the wheel connected. Test for correct wheel operation in Thrustmaster CP before verifying Steam files and delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching.

Tell me if the wheel isn't recognised by Windows or (subsequently) the game. What happens if you delete your custom control profiles and relaunch the game after that? Obviously test the default profile registers all buttons by playing before modifying.

It's mystifying how some users are getting this bug when I don't have it at all. Just trying to understand what is common to the users that are.

I had a similar issue loosing FFB during the F1 2021 beta with my Thrustmaster TS300 (especially so after tabbing out of the game), updating the drivers did not help, but updating the firmware of the wheel solved the problem.

• Like 2

Just want to add in my solution. I was having all of the same problems stated in this thread. I solved it throught the drivers. But at first it didn't work. I updated the drivers and like others the thrustmaster control panel lost all of its text when the properties window came up, and the ffb problem wasn't solved in the game.

So I went to add remove in windows and completely uninstalled the ffb racing wheel program, which is the thrustmaster driver software. Then I made sure it was gone by rebooting. Then after the reboot, I went back to controllers in the control panel and hit properties on the wheel again to make sure it was the generic windows properties and not the thrustmaster software. So after compete uninstall was verified, I went and got latest driver from thrustmaster site and followed their instructions exactly. And then after the install I immediately rebooted. Only after the reboot did I plug the wheel back in. After that, I went to the controllers in control panel and verified the new thrustmaster software was installed and I had the right firmware version. Also, doing this clean install also cleared up the missing text issue in the software. Which clearly told me that there is an issue with simply updating the driver software over top of the existing drivers. Once I did the steps above, I went into game and verified that ffb is indeed now working. Keep in mind, the game doesn't seem to give you ffb until it actually relinquishes control to the driver. So leaving pit lane or the lights go out on your flying lap.

Hope this helps others. Just be thorough on your driver install. Completely remove, reboot, install exactly as thrustmaster instructions indicate. It made the difference for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you try restarting your machine? Leave the wheel connected. Test for correct wheel operation in Thrustmaster CP before verifying Steam files and delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll test tomorrow. However, could you please so kindly confirm if this 'hardware_settings_config.xml' you're referring to is the one in 'My Game' in the user Documents folder in Windows?

Edited by WildPhilosopher
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, WildPhilosopher said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll test tomorrow. However, could you please so kindly confirm if this 'hardware_settings_config.xml' you're referring to is the one in 'My Game' in the user Documents folder in Windows?

Yes. It absolutely is.

• steviejay69 changed the title to Thrustmaster Wheels No Force Feedback
  • BarryBL locked this topic