Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster Force Feedback Issue Master Thread

50 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

@steviejay69I think anyone who plays on a thrustmaster base and has the sf1000 rim don't have any issues with ffb?

i own said rim and not had 1 issue with ffb on my TX base so its probably something with the new api implemented to drive the screen and leds that older rims or bases without the sf1000 rim dont like 

Possibly. I’ll put the F1 Rim on later and see. Problem is I’m scared I’ll just not take it off again, 😀

We were both ahead of the curve though and were updated before ever playing the game.

People are having issues with 1.04, that can’t be right.

I tried your FFB bug and it’s certainly not pronounced like beta. FFB is disappointing in this release version and the handling model is clearly different. I’m as disappointed as I’ve ever been in a release of this title.

That’s my opinion. I don’t see the bugs that others do, but I’m far from happy with the state of this release.

Hello,

I've the same issue like everyone.

Everything is up to date. When I try to play: to go straight my wheel is to the right (around 7°). Then to turn right it seem to work but randomly I have dead zone when the ffb disapear and appears again. Turn left is not possible, I have a dead zone where the car does'nt move then turns as expected.

I just can't play the game like this...

Do you need to change something in the Thrustmaster control panel (the force in %). Can you share your conf (for those whom is working). ?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Ninorito said:

Hello,

I've the same issue like everyone.

Everything is up to date. When I try to play: to go straight my wheel is to the right (around 7°). Then to turn right it seem to work but randomly I have dead zone when the ffb disapear and appears again. Turn left is not possible, I have a dead zone where the car does'nt move then turns as expected.

I just can't play the game like this...

Do you need to change something in the Thrustmaster control panel (the force in %). Can you share your conf (for those whom is working). ?

Thank you

my control panel are default with 360 degrees for steering angle and in game my settings are default also 

if you wheel is off centre you can try re cantering it you can find the procedure here https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/cat-wheels-en/ and selecting your wheelbase 

• Agree 1

I found a work around that works every time: Log into F1 2020, confirm FFB is working in time trial, exit game, log into F1 2021, test in time trial again and FFB is restored for me every time I've tried it. 

FFB not working - T300 with Ferrari F1 wheel, updated drivers and firmware. Seems to stop working every time computer is restarted and is preceded by buttons not working during 'press any button' title screen (Eventually button mashing my keyboard solves this problem)

GGKR-HKSR-RHJA-XHVG
Steam, Windows 10 (21H1 19043.1083)
Braking point, TT, Career etc.
[ONLINE] N/A.
[ONLINE] N/A
Log into F1 2020, confirm FFB is working in time trial, exit game, log into F1 2021, test in time trial again and FFB is restored.
N/A. 
Trying to play the game.

Edited by Newtown19
1 hour ago, Newtown19 said:

I found a work around that works every time: Log into F1 2020, confirm FFB is working in time trial, exit game, log into F1 2021, test in time trial again and FFB is restored for me every time I've tried it. 

FFB not working - T300 with Ferrari F1 wheel, updated drivers and firmware. Seems to stop working every time computer is restarted and is preceded by buttons not working during 'press any button' title screen (Eventually button mashing my keyboard solves this problem)

GGKR-HKSR-RHJA-XHVG
[ONLINE] N/A.
[ONLINE] N/A
Log into F1 2020, confirm FFB is working in time trial, exit game, log into F1 2021, test in time trial again and FFB is restored.
N/A. 
Trying to play the game.

You on PC or Xbox?

• Confused 1

Italiano
Inglese

Hello

I'm Luigi Pinchera

And since 15/07/2021 I have been in possession of F1 2021
But from the start the game gives me a
VERY ANNOYING PROBLEM

Put simply the game audio
It jerks and wraps with very long intermittence
Plus when you are in the game
It is associated with the absence of audio
The detachment of the steering wheel that it also behaves as if it were not being read by the game with very annoying intermittence

I made sure that there was no problem with the console and behind the wheel by changing games and everything goes as it should go.

In addition, I am part of a Community
Of 300 people and also other people the same problem results
If it is possible to solve it as soon as possible given the cost of the game not exactly low it seems certain to me!
Edited by LuigiAPinchera
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Newtown19 said:

GGKR-HKSR-RHJA-XHVG
[ONLINE] N/A.
[ONLINE] N/A
N/A. 
Trying to play the game.

Are you playing windowed? Because it sounds like something else is in foreground.

Hello,

Having the same issue as all others. Using a T300 on Xbox, and while ffb works for around 30, 45 minutes, it then turns off, and doesn't turn back on until I restart the wheel. Issue reappears after another hour or so. Occurs in all gamemodes, and while I have never updated the firmware, I don't believe that is the issue, as it starts off fine, and has never been an issue on past games (Forza 7, horizon 4, F1 2019 & 2020). 

• Agree 2
Dear Codemasters,

It would be a problem that the PS5 version of the F1 2021 is not recognized by my steering wheel. The PS4 version recognizes it.

The steering wheel is Thrustmaster T500 F1 Wheel.

It has the latest firmware.

Thank you for your help and response

Sincerely
Daniel Lindwurm

ok giys iv possibly found a full solution to this in the thrustmaster menu theres an option to let game do wheel settings or do them manually set it to manual and no problems after. Iv now been playing for 8 odd hours and tabbed out mulitple times all in working order give it a go may work..

20210717_191052~2.jpg

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Are you playing windowed? Because it sounds like something else is in foreground.

Not playing windowed, and I don't think there's anything in the foreground, as beside background programs, the only program running is F1 2021. I'm not technical enough to know why this fixes my problem, I just know that it works.

1 hour ago, thebadgamer0 said:

ok giys iv possibly found a full solution to this in the thrustmaster menu theres an option to let game do wheel settings or do them manually set it to manual and no problems after. Iv now been playing for 8 odd hours and tabbed out mulitple times all in working order give it a go may work..

20210717_191052~2.jpg

This has always been set 'by the game' 

4 hours ago, Poorsche918 said:

Hello,

Having the same issue as all others. Using a T300 on Xbox, and while ffb works for around 30, 45 minutes, it then turns off, and doesn't turn back on until I restart the wheel. Issue reappears after another hour or so. Occurs in all gamemodes, and while I have never updated the firmware, I don't believe that is the issue, as it starts off fine, and has never been an issue on past games (Forza 7, horizon 4, F1 2019 & 2020). 

For me this sounds more like the known FFB Problem from the T300 than from the game. I had the same problem on many games and it was because the engine overheated.

Press the mode button and then the pause botton. The Red light next to mode will blink 2 times.

This way you force the wheel to cool the engine as long as the usb is plugged in instead of just cooling it when it gets hot

5 hours ago, Poorsche918 said:

Hello,

Having the exact same issue with my TMX Pro on series X. Never happened before and doesn't happen with any other games.

1 hour ago, HappyAss95 said:

For me this sounds more like the known FFB Problem from the T300 than from the game. I had the same problem on many games and it was because the engine overheated.

Press the mode button and then the pause botton. The Red light next to mode will blink 2 times.

This way you force the wheel to cool the engine as long as the usb is plugged in instead of just cooling it when it gets hot

Thanks for the advice i will try BUT i'm pretty sure the issue is with the game. I don't have this issue with any other games (raceroom on pc, f1 2020, acc)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

This has always been set 'by the game' 

well i can guarantee  after 12 hours of game play and tabbing in an out constantly i had 0 issues after swapping this to by the wheel

4 hours ago, HappyAss95 said:

Unfortunately, it has to do with the game. Like the person above me, I'll try the permanent fan mode, but I have lowered force feedback all the way down to no avail. The wheel also sounds totally normal the whole time, without the fan running too loudly, so I don't believe it's a overheating problem.

5 hours ago, Poorsche918 said:

Unfortunately, it has to do with the game. Like the person above me, I'll try the permanent fan mode, but I have lowered force feedback all the way down to no avail. The wheel also sounds totally normal the whole time, without the fan running too loudly, so I don't believe it's a overheating problem.

Also recommend Firmware v33 if you have not done this already. (Connect to PC in PS3 mode with driver 2021_TTRS_2)

Forced cooling mode is recommended for T300 as is a recommendation to use 75% overall strength, this tends to prevent FFB 'fade'. Also, replacing the stock fan with a ball bearing race and drilling the case for cooling helps.

Will check out the 'by the wheel' setting. Not saying you're wrong, it's just that this has always been the setting to use. Maybe once the game is fixed this will be the correct setting. 

Have now experienced the FFB drop out in TT after changing tracks and playing for the amount of time you suggest 45mins+ - it doesn't seem ALT-TAB related, just a loss when switching tracks or restarting laps but will need to pin this down.

Me and my two friends have an identical problem. after 45 minutes of play, force feedback turns off and returns after restarting the steering wheel. We all own the thrustmaster tmx

Edited by Verqlan

Update: I have replicated a loss of FFB intensity after around 45 minutes of gameplay. Still trying to work out the exact conditions. Also, connectivity to the SF-1000 display was lost, not freezing, just lost as if the game was not running. 

• A detailed description of the issue.

Loss of FFB intensity

• Report Code

will add

• Platform?

PC Steam

• Game-mode?

TT

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

n/a

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

n/a

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Firmware and driver already updated, this was a problem observed only after extended gameplay

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

not required as you can't see the loss of FFB

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Working on it but appears to present after changing TT tracks a few times after playing for at least 30-45 minutes

• steviejay69 changed the title to Thrustmaster Wheels No Force Feedback
On 7/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

When thousands of people complain about the same issue, do you not think it’s common sense to go to the devs and say hey plug a thrustmaster wheel in and see if the dam thing works or not? 
Obviously, and very clearly that you don’t have any common sense. 

• Agree 1

Well, my T300RS runs without FFB on PS5, does have the latest firmware.

I was surprised how much I had to tune it down to around 50 or 60ish overall because at default it’s just too much. Like a F1 car without power steering. 

in TM wheelbase settings it’s all standard settings

• Like 1
On 7/16/2021 at 3:27 AM, MattE said:

I have the Thrustmaster TS-PC and also the FFB problem.

I've already tried all the suggeestions posted above and it still does not work.

• When I race in-game, there is no force feedback with my Thrustmaster TS-PC Wheel.
  • Report Code: XXJA-CCPA-ESES-JMMG
  • Windows 10, fully-updated
  • All game modes
  • Updating Thrustmaster firmware and drivers, making sure all other USB peripherals were unplugged. Tested FFB in other games like F1 2019 and 2020, AC, ACC, and so on. Also tried all the other suggestions who have worked for some of the other guys.
  • No video, since the problem is with hardware
  • Load into the game, go into any game mode with a Thrustmaster FFB wheel enabled, and there is no FFB presented through the wheel.

So i posted before and i'm now completly sure that this problem is game related.
As i wrote before, i use the TS-PC Base. The FFB problem only occurs when i use the "TM Open Wheel" Rim. When i use my Ferrari 488 Challenge Wheel, the FFB works totally fine and out tabbing isn't a problem (it wasn't before because the FFB didn't work once).

When i use the "TM Open Wheel" as soon as the game starts loading/the game window starts showing, the FFB ist gone. When i'm still at the W10 desktop and FFB ist active it works. But as soon as the game starts, it's gone completly. In F1 2020 or 2019, theres nothing likes this whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
13 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Also recommend Firmware v33 if you have not done this already. (Connect to PC in PS3 mode with driver 2021_TTRS_2)

Forced cooling mode is recommended for T300 as is a recommendation to use 75% overall strength, this tends to prevent FFB 'fade'. Also, replacing the stock fan with a ball bearing race and drilling the case for cooling helps.

Will check out the 'by the wheel' setting. Not saying you're wrong, it's just that this has always been the setting to use. Maybe once the game is fixed this will be the correct setting. 

Have now experienced the FFB drop out in TT after changing tracks and playing for the amount of time you suggest 45mins+ - it doesn't seem ALT-TAB related, just a loss when switching tracks or restarting laps but will need to pin this down.

What's fixed this for me is the Power Settings and disabling the Fast Start-Up

Untitled.png.180e662c75a893bd84783637f08ab523.png

On PC, you will notice if the wheel starts calibration only once or not at all when you start your PC the cut out will happen after a while. With the wheel connected, if it attempts to calibrate, pauses and then calibrates successfully then the feedback doesn't drop out.

I would like others to test this please. Not sure how it will help console users, especially if they snooze the console. Full shutdown and restart between sessions might be beneficial.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

What's fixed this for me is the Power Settings and disabling the Fast Start-Up

Untitled.png.180e662c75a893bd84783637f08ab523.png

On PC, you will notice if the wheel starts calibration only once or not at all when you start your PC the cut out will happen after a while. With the wheel connected, if it attempts to calibrate, pauses and then calibrates successfully then the feedback doesn't drop out.

I would like others to test this please. Not sure how it will help console users, especially if they snooze the console. Full shutdown and restart between sessions might be beneficial.

For Console is just always best to exit game, before going to rest mode. 

When you want to race, start the console and then the wheel calibrates. Start game so everything is set to “zero”

It can cause strange issues when you put the console in rest mode while in game and wheel connected. 

• Like 2