Jump to content Jump to content

Save Game Issues Master Thread - Please Post Here

2 hours ago, Tom97HD said:

OMG THIS WORKED FOR ME TOO!

I did this ''delete all of the crash_dump files, copy and overwrite the files inside the corrupt_saves zip folder into the remote folder and then delete the corrupt_saves'' and ''I got to the same error screen were it said would you like to send the game file to the developers and I would always say yes then try to recover the file which was unsuccessful and then cancel and repeat. However the one time I select No when asked if I would like to send my game file to the developers and then try to recover it worked''

THANK YOU

Where do i find the crash dump files?

2 minutes ago, Waffles81 said:

Where do i find the crash dump files?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXXXXXX(This will be a number unique to you)\1134570\remote" In there you have to (or what I did at least) first open the corrupt_saves zip file and drag the files into the remote folder and overwrite the existing ones. Then you have to delete the corrupt_saves and all of your crash_dump zip files that are inside the remote folder. Then open the game and you should again receive the error message. Try once or twice the usual Yes then Yes recover and cancel then the crucial bit is you have to click No instead of Yes when asked to send the Corrupt Game File to the Devs (that's the first error you receive) and then click Yes Recover and your game should be Okay. If it doesn't work I am sorry this is what worked for me and Tom97HD as well and should hopefully maybe work for other people. Thank you

• A detailed description of the issue.: 

I didn't get any corruption message but had to verify my files again due to it being stuck on 'please wait' when okaying the menu screen. Then my save file didn't save and I had to do Bahrain again. And now I have the below issue with sponsors and the advisor for myteam says I don't have a 2nd driver when I do, I have Deletraz. Corrupted much.

Driver perks also broken. 

• Report Code: 

none given

• Platform:

PC

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

verifying files. 

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

See below. 

image.thumb.png.fcb3ec75e096fd6832ff3ca3ed912aea.png

image.thumb.png.57d7748162f5f11ddb9ec0eb3f454d3c.png

image.thumb.png.80689a13fcfcf8df092fae9bc669065b.png

image.thumb.png.fbbfe8b7ad5244bacc919df27904a09a.png

Edited by Elbi
8 hours ago, Neocchio said:

Massive Update:

I've been following everybody's advice and what I tried was to delete all of the crash_dump files, copy and overwrite the files inside the corrupt_saves zip folder into the remote folder and then delete the corrupt_saves. I also verified my game files a few times. I don't know if all of these steps are necessary but this is what worked for me. So I got to the same error screen were it said would you like to send the game file to the developers and I would always say yes then try to recover the file which was unsuccessful and then cancel and repeat. However the one time I select No when asked if I would like to send my game file to the developers and then try to recover it worked. I hope this helps for someone. Also thanks to everyone for your suggestions and advice

Hey,

The above mentioned solution is working. I'm not sure about the crash dump file stuff, but I guess there's something wrong with sending the files to development team.

Here's what you gotta do:

1.  When asked about sending the game file to the developers, answer 'No'.

2. Next you will be asked about recovering your game files, answer 'Yes'

At least my game fired up after trying this one. Hope this works for my fellow drivers ❤️

I have more or less the same problem on my PS5 - probably the first one that is not on a PC, I think.

The save game of MyTeam is gone. The livery and the logo are still there, but the save game is nowhere to be found.
I have changed the livery colors, so probably this is related to the PC problem.

Is there any way to get my save game back?

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Another update from us on this one.

We understand the frustration, and are currently testing a fix for this, that is scheduled for the end of the next week. This fix we are testing would allow you to access the saves you have already started once its in place. It is not 100% confirmed on this just yet, but we are working on getting this stress tested ready for release. This update would cover all platforms

Any update I get, you will too 🙂 

Thanks for your patience on this.

Just now, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Another update from us on this one.

We understand the frustration, and are currently testing a fix for this, that is scheduled for the end of the next week. This fix we are testing would allow you to access the saves you have already started once its in place. It is not 100% confirmed on this just yet, but we are working on getting this stress tested ready for release.

Any update I get, you will too 🙂 

Thanks for your patience on this.

Is this only for PC or for PS5 also?

I have the same problem too...
Plattform:
PC // Steam

A detailed description of the issue.: 

I bought the deluxe edition and have been playing for 19 hours. I’ve  already finished the Braking-Point Story, reached Rank 19 in Podium Pass and started a My Team Career and just finished in Spain yesterday.

Report Code: 
A4B40FEB - F6D8B442 - 2FFDF851

What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried

Tried 3 times to recover the gamefiles but everytime it wasn't succesful
Tried the "check game files for errors" via Steam

Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.
20210715163841_1.thumb.jpg.ff406d7233dca9d7ba0c657ea69e472c.jpg20210715163835_1.thumb.jpg.6e060024803abdcf0d23f682fc71765f.jpg

20210715163848_1.thumb.jpg.3286525264d0211f3d20fdbdb3f5ebbc.jpg

How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible:

I'm just starting th e game and press any button to get into the game. Then it loads up and this shows up.

20 hours ago, Neocchio said:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXXXXXX(This will be a number unique to you)\1134570\remote" In there you have to (or what I did at least) first open the corrupt_saves zip file and drag the files into the remote folder and overwrite the existing ones. Then you have to delete the corrupt_saves and all of your crash_dump zip files that are inside the remote folder. Then open the game and you should again receive the error message. Try once or twice the usual Yes then Yes recover and cancel then the crucial bit is you have to click No instead of Yes when asked to send the Corrupt Game File to the Devs (that's the first error you receive) and then click Yes Recover and your game should be Okay. If it doesn't work I am sorry this is what worked for me and Tom97HD as well and should hopefully maybe work for other people. Thank you

It actually worked wow!!
Great job, awesome dude

But i don't know if I can restart the game again without this trouble again.. And I really dont want to try xd

I can't save my game on my Xbox One S. There is NO OPTION, NO MID SESSION SAVE in both Grand Prix mode & My Team mode. I turned AUTOSAVE off, but there's NO Manual Save option anywhere!! Please fix this Codemasters, because this is ruining my game. I race 100% race length and sometimes I can't finish a race in one session.

1 hour ago, MrBr0wN said:

It actually worked wow!!
Great job, awesome dude

But i don't know if I can restart the game again without this trouble again.. And I really dont want to try xd

Yeah No problem. At the moment everything is fine with the game after I did this. Hopefully the patch that just came out will prevent this from happening again though.

12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We have had a patch put into place to fix this issue.

Can user please feedback to see if this has fixed this. 

Many thanks,

Bazza

Hi @BarryBL ,

nice work! Was able to test the following:

* Steam update to version 1.04

* unpacked and loaded my old corrupt save game. After starting the game no corruption is detected / shown anymore.

* loaded "My Team" career, changed car livery colors and sponsor colors, saved and left game. After restart no curruption was detected.

So - as far as i can see this seems to be fixed with version 1.04 ! Thank you very much!

Edited by chino99
  • Like 1

Platform: PS4 

Game Version: 1.03 standard edition

Game Modes: GP, Braking Point Chapter 10 (Canada Weekend), MyTeam

Game wont load to the game, after few minutes it says game save file corrupted.

After restart App: save file is ok.

Tried to re-install the game and deleted all save data, made a backup to PS cloud and USB.

Started a complete new save data and went directly to GP Mode to Canada...still the same problem.

So basically a game breaking bug here.

Platform: PS4 

Game Version: 1.03 standard edition

Game Modes: GP, Braking Point Chapter 10 (Canada Weekend), MyTeam

Game wont load to the game, after few minutes it says game save file corrupted.

After restart App: save file is ok.

Tried to re-install the game and deleted all save data, made a backup to PS cloud and USB.

Started a complete new save data and went directly to GP Mode to Canada...still the same problem.

So basically a game breaking bug here.

• BarryBL unpinned this topic