Jump to content Jump to content

1. A detailed description of the issue.

I ran 95 AI at Austria on F1 2020 yesterday, and could comfortably beat the AI in qualifying by maybe 3 tenths. I started a GP race at Austria in 2021 on 95, and I'm suddenly a second down on the fastest time no matter how well I run. The AI's Q1 pace is absurd as someone reported elsewhere that 100 AI smashes the IRL Austria pole by over a second.

2. Report Code

XETM-SACD-MCBB-KKMG

3. Platform?

PC.

4. Game-mode?

Grand Prix.

5. What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

I've tried replaying GP qualifying at Austria multiple times.

6. Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.

I have none.

7. How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Enter Grand Prix mode, start a race at Austria, run Q1 on 95-100 and see the AI put up bonkers lap times.

• Disagree 3

That is not a bug, it is just an individual problem, where the problem sits in front of the screen. 

But seriously: Just adjust the AI Level. It is not surprising, that a new game with different feeling of a car, does not make you as fast as you were at the end of the previous game. Be patienced, play the game, adjust the AI Level and over time you will see, that you may get fast as you were before.

BUT: It is clearly not a bug! 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 7

The AI has been a joke at Austria for years and totally unbalanced compared to other tracks when running the same AI level. That is the bug. 

If they've actually fixed that, that's great news, certainly nothing to report as a problem!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Well **** me for being confused about such a big difficulty leap, I suppose? My mistake for coming here assuming anyone was going to be anything other than nasty to me. The thread can be deleted or whatever, I don't care.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

In my experience when I drive one game and then switch to other, it usually gets up to 1-3 days to get back up to speed. Recent time I noticed it was 2019->2020. I was doing career of 2019 on 95 for long time. Then next time I turned on PC I started F1 2020 for first time and I couldn't beat my teammate on 90. After few races in F1 2020, I was beating same teammate on 95 so had to increase difficulty. So just take some time, it is new game after all.

• Agree 1

Just adjust the AI Level. It was the samething in F1 2020 vs F1 2019. AI was on a higher level 2020.

chose aston martin team and do a quali lap in spain. And change AI level depending on the time you make to your team mate. 

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @armedhylander,

Thanks for the report. 

We do turn the AI up in terms of difficulty every year to give people a new learning curve to go on. I'm normally at around 103-106 each year, but start all years at around 85 and work up. Its just practice with learning the new changes and improvements to the game. Very much by design.

Absolutely fantastic approach.

I was starting to get more and more comfortable at catching the 110% Ai in F1 2020, now it's all back to square one, struggling like Riccardo in his McLaren with the new car's handling and strong Ai, and I love it LOL

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, armedhylander said:

Yeah it's a me problem. I've already made up around a second per lap, my main problem is consistency

Don't worry. I found consistently in F1 2020 about 2 weeks ago haha. But its okay, part of the challenge. You'll get back to your level (and then some)

• Agree 1

He is right. If you play AI on 95 in My Team there are much easier to keep up with. So the AI level in a Grand Prix race and a race in My Team are different. 

Just did a one shot quali at zandvoort. AI level 93. In f1 2020 I had level 106 and could win at zandvoort.

pole (lewis hamilton 1.09,3). My time was a 1:10,4. Personal TT record is 1:09,9 after 25 laps.

TT world record at the moment is 108,6 by denoso (e sports driver).

AI is way to fast in grand prix mode (one shot qualifying). Please check again @BarryBL

Edit: AI is even faster at zandvoort in f1 2021 compared to 2020.

Edited by aartstyle
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 2:12 AM, DonBlanko said:

That is not a bug, it is just an individual problem, where the problem sits in front of the screen. 

I'm glad the broken AI is a now well-known bug so posts from people such as this aged like milk.

12 hours ago, armedhylander said:

I'm glad the broken AI is a now well-known bug so posts from people such as this aged like milk.

Sorry, my words were maybe a bit harsh, but nevertheless the people are complaining about some corners in which the AI have some unrealistic fast speed and about the speed of f1 21 cars overall (so your car too).

You were complaining about AI pace in relation to f1 2020 and that you were not able to stay in the same AI level as in the games before. And this is in general still not a bug. Like BarryBL wrote, the AI has improved this year. It is by design. 

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

I am able to race at 95-100 AI everywhere but Austria, Britain, and Zandvoort, which extremely coincidentally are also the tracks where they're the most broken for others. It is absolutely not by design and this has been established for almost a month now.

Edited by armedhylander

1 hour ago, armedhylander said:

I am able to race at 95-100 AI everywhere but Austria, Britain, and Zandvoort, which extremely coincidentally are also the tracks where they're the most broken for others. It is absolutely not by design and this has been established for almost a month now.

Sorry, but now you wrote about a different topic. In your opening post you complained about the faster AI compared to f1 2020 in Austria (which is still not a bug) and now you write about the fast AI compared to other tracks. Two different topics. 

I don't want to discuss with you. We should end up here. I think your problem was mentioned, even BarryBL read your complaints, so everything okay. 👍

Edited by DonBlanko

The ai difficulty has gone up by design that is correct . But that doesn't hide the fact the ai are broken on fast flowing sector of tracks and he is right it been made aware to them a while ago ( not that it should have to have been mind you it should of been picked up in testing as it literally took me 1 session in q1 to see the bug ) . No issue with them getting quicker every year but in this case they are broke and needs fixing as it pretty ridiculous ......

9 minutes ago, Naxlr said:

The ai difficulty has gone up by design that is correct . But that doesn't hide the fact the ai are broken on fast flowing sector of tracks and he is right it been made aware to them a while ago ( not that it should have to have been mind you it should of been picked up in testing as it literally took me 1 session in q1 to see the bug ) . No issue with them getting quicker every year but in this case they are broke and needs fixing as it pretty ridiculous ......

yes this is the problem and people who say "just lower the difficulty" are wrong, because going 4 tenths faster in 2 sectors and then losing 1 second in a corner is not balanced, but it is frustrating. I don't understand how they managed to program an AI like this, no one noticed it in the tests or in the beta? hope this get fixed soon

Correct lower the ai workaround just doesn't work . And fair to say the testing team did a poor job as like I said it a glaring issue not one you have to look hard to see . So either not tested at all or just really poor job either way needs fixing. Shouldn't be paying 60 pound for a game to find I can't race on fast tracks as the ai are broke .....

The bit that is by design is the fact they have increased the ai difficulty. The bit that is broken is that they are broken in certain sector of certain tracks which is the bit they looking in to ...

• Agree 1
47 minutes ago, Sonic6L said:

Why is this saying it's by design but in the report an issue section, there's a thread saying developers are looking at it? 

It is because we talk about different topics.

Here in this thread was mentioned that the AI in f1 21 is faster compared to f1 2020 overall. That's why there is the simple answer to adjust the AI level. If you had 102 last year, you now should adjust to 97 for example. Barry says this quicker AI is by design.

What in other threads is mentioned, is that the AI incredible is fast in some corner of some tracks. So there the people are talking about the balancing of the AI in some parts of some tracks. Here codemasters seem to look at this. 

Two different topics, two different behaviours from codemasters.