Jump to content Jump to content

Hi

After playing the game for a few hours it’s occurred to me this game has gone backwards in the way it feels, the autospin kerbs are a joke, there’s literally no grip through high speed corners and when you exit off a corner if you out in more than 50% throttle the car violently snaps, how have we just kept going backwards since F1 2017? C b a 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Try to set up your car to be oversteery

Use full right front/rear camber and full left front/rear toe. Change to 50% on throttle diff for smoother application and use softer springs for a lightweight front end. That'll begin to make things feel better

The curbs are an absolute joke, just massive ice blocks aha. Codies need to fix it

Edited by DerpTheThird
Spelling

Biggest tip for anyone - use the default setups as a starting point.

If you try setups from older F1 games they won’t work for the new game and make the cars feel very unstable.  Could be wrong but get the impression a lot of people might immediately try loading up some of their older setups that worked on earlier games, I made the same mistake at first. 

• Agree 1

And for grip keep in mind cars lost grip compared to 2020, so maybe that loss is implemented in game. 😉 This just means that corner speeds you did in 2020 are usually not supposed to be possible in 2021.

What unreasonable people do:
Start the game, it feels different, complain about how bad it is...

What reasonable people do:
Start the game, it feel different, learn how to handle it...

• Agree 6
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Syrkiewicz said:

Hi

After playing the game for a few hours it’s occurred to me this game has gone backwards in the way it feels, the autospin kerbs are a joke, there’s literally no grip through high speed corners and when you exit off a corner if you out in more than 50% throttle the car violently snaps, how have we just kept going backwards since F1 2017? C b a 

If you believe there is a legitimate issue, please post a bug. Sort of post here isn't constructive for anyone/

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
5 hours ago, stevetemp7 said:

I think it feels a lot better. And as for kerbs, never really used them anyway. Slamming the throttle over them should result in a spin/turbulance.

Agree totally, I only just learned not to full throttle on kerbs thanks to doing a full season of f2 in 2020 version and it taught me nicely to ease the throttle in gently in certain corners.

Personally, I have no issue with the curbs at all. Contrary, if you are driving without assists and sim damage, the cars in 2021 feel a lot more forgiving than the 2020 cars, the thin line when you drive them on their edge got wider and seems more forgiving, too. If you overdid things in 2020 you flew off immediately, or got your snap oversteer just that moment (pretty much like in a real race car). In 2021 everything seems a bit "softer". It is not my style, I like it hardcore, so I liked the unforgiving car behaviour of 2020 a bit more, to be honest. Might be different from arcade style view, but I cant add to that.

• Agree 1

I strongly disagree with the OP here.  The feeling of driving the car has not gone backwards.  Has it changed?  Absolutely!  Is it different?  Yup.  Is it something you need to adjust to as a driver now after so many years of it being mostly the same.  Yup!   That's how it should be.   Stay off the curbs; or at least figure out which ones you can use, and which ones you can't.  They're supposed to unsettle the car, some more than others as that's the whole point.

The game isn't broken and doesn't need to change this you simply need to adjust because it's different from what you're used to in a more realistic way than ever before IMO.

Codies... please don't change a think with the driving model right now.

• Agree 1

"it feels awful" that was what went trough my mind yesterday whilst getting familiar with the game. It was really hard for me to take corners, I really was all over the place with the car. Everything felt different. Today I noticed I was playing in T-Cam whilst I'm used to cockpit cam. Once switched to cockpit it felt very familiar. It doesn't feel awful. You probably just need to adjust some settings.

Also wanted to add on this note..  I hit one curb at the chicane at Baku last night that sent my car flying similar to Stroll and others at Monaco.  While sure I was frustrated by it as I went airborne and slammed into the wall; that's 110% on me as a driver.  It's not the game's fault, its mine for cutting it.  Bottom line is I know it's there and something I have to get used to now.

Edited by petro1319
14 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

"it feels awful" that was what went trough my mind yesterday whilst getting familiar with the game. It was really hard for me to take corners, I really was all over the place with the car. Everything felt different. Today I noticed I was playing in T-Cam whilst I'm used to cockpit cam. Once switched to cockpit it felt very familiar. It doesn't feel awful. You probably just need to adjust some settings.

Exactly, it feels different from last year.  No doubt.   We have to change our driving styles.   For me I'm struggling with my braking points and how I carry speed into the corners.  What I used to do doesn't seem to want to work for me now.  Bahrain is typically one of my best tracks, I struggled there in the first race of a career mode yesterday in an AstonMartin.  However after doing allt he practice programs and extra laps, then Qualy, then a 25% race length but the time I was almost halfway through the race it was clicking for me.   Ended up with a P4; only because Perez lost it and spun off at the final turn on the 2nd last lap.  Shoulda been a P5, but I'll take it!

Canada on the other hand; used to also be a top track for me.  Currently; it's a nightmare.  I can't get in the corners properly, I can't get off the corners properly without sliding the back end either because of throttle or because I'm on the curbs.  Personally I love the fresh challenge it's bringing.

Either way though; the cars feel great.  It's just different.   Different isn't broken, or awful.  It just means you wont have that instant satisfaction of being good playing basically the same game as last year.  It'll be challenging a bit at first while you learn.  That to me is the beauty of this game.   I've got a long list of issues with it though, but the driving/handling model absolutely is not one of them.   The time they spend working on this and not the braking point mode was time well spent IMO; I just wish they spent more time in other areas that needed improvement rather than creating that scripted cinematic mode.

I pretty much got used to the kerbs/curbs(whatever they're called) from my first race in Bahrain. However, Im still trying to figure the right hand side kerb at the swimming pool in Monaco. It always throws me in the wall. I guess I gotta get used to the driving of those cars more.

Edited by Winzards
5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

If you believe there is a legitimate issue, please post a bug. Sort of post here isn't constructive for anyone/

We can discuss it though. 

Surely anyone who works at Codemasters has played their own game and has also experienced the kerbs. From what I have seen, the kerbs are unrealistic in how they interact with the car (and how the car interacts with them).

• Administrator
1 minute ago, USPBauer24 said:

We can discuss it though. 

Surely anyone who works at Codemasters has played their own game and has also experienced the kerbs. From what I have seen, the kerbs are unrealistic in how they interact with the car (and how the car interacts with them).

Agreed, can discuss. Ive had some 'moments' in BETA 1 but adapted for BETA 2. Altering ride heights will help and treating them with more respect than 2020 will too. They were excessive in BETA 1, agreed, but BETA 2 and the release (that I've played a fair amount of where I can), its much more forgiving. Just got to work up to them. I don't think they are unrealistic at all, they offer a new challenge. A risk vs reward style of thinking in place for sure.