Jump to content Jump to content

Simucube and Simagic products not supported F1 2021


Recommended Posts

A lot of Simagic and Simucube wheelbase owners are going to be very upset once they noticed their wheelbases aren't in the list of supported products. When I started F1 2021 up today I was very annoyed to see that my wheelbase the Simagic M10 isn't supported along the Simucude. Not good. The Simucube wheelbase has been out for some time now and the Simagic wheels bases M10 bases have been out for more than two years. The title will pick up Aiologs SQ shifter and E-Brake. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm not happy that I must bind the controls every times I start the title. It needs to be fixed before the 16th.  

Edited by Striker_703
add F1 2021
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Striker_703 changed the title to Simucube and Simagic products not supported F1 2021
9 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

A lot of Simucube and Simagic wheelbase owners are going to be very upset once they noticed their wheelbases aren't in the list of supported products. When I started F1 2021 up today I was very annoyed to see that my wheelbase the Simagic M10 isn't supported along the Simucude. Not good. The Simucube wheelbase has been out for some time now and the Simagic wheels bases M10 bases have been out for more than two years. The title will pick up Aiologs SQ shifter and E-Brake. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm not happy that I must bind the controls every times I start the title. It needs to be fixed before the 16th.  

For me I’m using the simagic alpha wheelbase with the gt4 rim. Im not too bothered that I need to bind the controls but it’s just that the game recognises it as the m10, but non of the buttons are bound. Also, I can’t assign any of the menu buttons due it saying that it is a preset control scheme. I did not have this issue on f1 2020 man

 

Edited by Hengz
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hengz said:

For me I’m using the simagic alpha wheelbase with the gt4 rim. Im not too bothered that I need to bind the controls but it’s just that the game recognises it as the m10, but non of the buttons are bound. Also, I can’t assign any of the menu buttons due it saying that it is a preset control scheme. I did not have this issue on f1 2020 man

 

The Simagic Alpha is seen as a keyboard which means you'll have to bind the controls every time you start the title, which is a major issue. This problem didn't occur with F1 2020. @BarryBLcan you pass this along to the devs asap. It really needs to be addressed before the 16th.   

Edited by Striker_703
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

The Simagic Alpha is seen as a keyboard which means you'll have to bind the controls every time you start the title, which is a major issue. This problem didn't occur with F1 2020. @BarryBLcan you pass this along to the devs asap. It really needs to be addressed before the 16th.   

Mine was not seen as an alpha or a keyboard. Mine was seen as an m10 which clearly makes no sense and it says the m10 is a preset but there are no buttons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hengz said:

Mine was not seen as an alpha or a keyboard. Mine was seen as an m10 which clearly makes no sense and it says the m10 is a preset but there are no buttons.

If you see this image which that has the M10 highlighted it's seen as a keyboard and not a wheelbase. The other Icons show wheelbases. 

Screenshot 2021-07-13 18.41.01.png

Edited by Striker_703
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

If you see this image with that has the M10 highlighted it's seen as a keyboard and not a wheelbase. The other Icons show wheelbases. 

Screenshot 2021-07-13 18.41.01.png

Oh… my bad. Damn, then this really **** me off

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hengz @LucaProg don't play the game, we can get our money back if they don't get this resolved in time. If you got it from Steam we have two weeks to get our money back, but we can't play it for more than two hours. Just to be on the safe side I would just un-install it. I've already tagged a moderator in this thread and so response on the issue along with no response from @CodeMasters themselves.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

@Hengz @LucaProg non giocare, possiamo riavere i nostri soldi se non risolvono il problema in tempo. Se l'hai ricevuto da Steam, abbiamo due settimane per riavere i nostri soldi, ma non possiamo giocarci per più di due ore. Giusto per sicurezza, lo disinstallerei. Ho già taggato un moderatore in questa discussione e quindi risposta sul problema insieme a nessuna risposta da @CodeMasters stessi.   

thank you. but I bought it on eneba and I have already asked them for a refund. I do not know if I will be able to be reimbursed. very disappointed with codemaster's lack of response here in the forum.
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LucaProg said:

thank you. but I bought it on eneba and I have already asked them for a refund. I do not know if I will be able to be reimbursed. very disappointed with codemaster's lack of response here in the forum.

codies are quite on it when it comes to the forums i feel but seeing you have only spent less than a day you can't be surprised that they are busy with the amount of activity currently on the forums which have been very quiet before the game came out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys listen,

If worse comes to worse and CM doesn't address this issue and doesn't support your wheel, there is another solution....

There is an application and dongle adapter that allows you to use any steering wheel and pedals you want. It's called GIMX. What it does is, it tricks any windows game into thinking your wheel is a Logitech G27. The application used to be a bit tricky and cumbersome to set up, but it's gotten easier over time. 

I've been using GIMX for years now and I can't express enough how much it's made my life so much better because I can use my Bodnar Direct Drive wheel, Heusinkveld HE Ultimates and Quaife shifter on ANY Codemasters game. All my Codemasters games recognize my equipment as one Logitech G27 wheel and everything works flawlessly. There is NO difference in FFB feel or performance. With GIMX, you no longer have to rely on game companies to support your sim hardware and worry that your wheel may not be on some stupid support list. All those shenanigans get thrown out the window with GIMX. Just start the app end enjoy any racing sim you want. It's a Godsend.

 

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isamu99 said:

Guys listen,

If worse comes to worse and CM doesn't address this issue and doesn't support your wheel, there is another solution....

There is an application and dongle adapter that allows you to use any steering wheel and pedals you want. It's called GIMX. What it does is, it tricks any windows game into thinking your wheel is a Logitech G27. The application used to be a bit tricky and cumbersome to set up, but it's gotten easier over time. 

I've been using GIMX for years now and I can't express enough how much it's made my life so much better because I can use my Bodnar Direct Drive wheel, Heusinkveld HE Ultimates and Quaife shifter on ANY Codemasters game. All my Codemasters games recognize my equipment as one Logitech G27 wheel and everything works flawlessly. There is NO difference in FFB feel or performance. With GIMX, you no longer have to rely on game companies to support your sim hardware and worry that your wheel may not be on some stupid support list. All those shenanigans get thrown out the window with GIMX. Just start the app end enjoy any racing sim you want. It's a Godsend.

 

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

No. There's not point of buy a small piece of hardware for a machine base title to have your Direct Drive wheelbase supported. The Leo Bodnar Simsteering v2 and the Accuforce are supported. If they would have released the support info before preorders were allowed many people wouldn't have ordered. Plus by using GIMX pending on your wheelbase you don't get all the information that base offers. The only true solution is have the wheelbases supported.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acerees said:

I suppose they could always sponsor the game.  Until they do and Fanatec does I wouldn’t really expect the developers to go out of their way to support them.

What? I haven't seen any Accuforce or Leo Bodnar sponsorship. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

No. There's not point of buy a small piece of hardware for a machine base title to have your Direct Drive wheelbase supported. The Leo Bodnar Simsteering v2 and the Accuforce are supported. If they would have released the support info before preorders were allowed many people wouldn't have ordered. Plus by using GIMX pending on your wheelbase you don't get all the information that base offers. The only true solution is have the wheelbases supported.   

Suit yourself mate. I would never go back to using my Bodnar on any CM game even if it IS supported natively, because you still have to jump through the hoops of getting the game to play nice with multiple controllers plugged in your machine. With my setup and GIMX, any CM game recognizes only one controller, and that is the G27.

Also, what are you talking about when you say "by using GIMX pending on your wheelbase you don't get all the information that base offers"....? that simply makes no sense. The game sends the same FFB signal to all wheels whether it's a G27, a Fanatec or a Bodnar. It doesn't change the fundamental behavior of your wheel. And my Bodnar most certainly DOES deliver all the FFB information the game sends to it via GIMX. I have compared using GIMX versus using my Bodnar raw on GRID 2 and F1 2016(the last one I bought) and I couldn't tell the difference in the FFB at all. Both setups delivered the exact same FFB sensation from the Bodnar. Not sure where you got this misinformation from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, isamu99 said:

Suit yourself mate. I would never go back to using my Bodnar on any CM game even if it IS supported natively, because you still have to jump through the hoops of getting the game to play nice with multiple controllers plugged in your machine. With my setup and GIMX, any CM game recognizes only one controller, and that is the G27.

Also, what are you talking about when you say "by using GIMX pending on your wheelbase you don't get all the information that base offers"....? that simply makes no sense. The game sends the same FFB signal to all wheels whether it's a G27, a Fanatec or a Bodnar. It doesn't change the fundamental behavior of your wheel. And my Bodnar most certainly DOES deliver all the FFB information the game sends to it via GIMX. I have compared using GIMX versus using my Bodnar raw on GRID 2 and F1 2016(the last one I bought) and I couldn't tell the difference in the FFB at all. Both setups delivered the exact same FFB sensation from the Bodnar. Not sure where you got this misinformation from?

F1 2020 was able to recognize my Simagic M10, Aiologs Handbrake and SQ Shifter , Thrust T-lCM pedal along with a Ignition button box. F1 2021 does recognize the later but the wheelbase. Through testing of my wheelbase and not yours along with gaining insight from others the GIMX is a no go. Maybe for consoles, but not for what I'm trying to active with my settings.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...