Jump to content Jump to content

Fanatec podium wheel APM top flippers not registering

Hi,

On PS5 the top flippers of the fanatec advanced paddle module on podium wheels doesn't register as mappable buttons anymore.

The clutch of the APM and shifters are recognized for mapping.

PlayStation 5

On both Fanatec CSL elite and on DD1 reproducable

Restarted the PS5 and the wheelbase, as I thought it might be an issue with a first run of the game.
Friend of mine with Podium wheel and APM has the same issue with the mapping of buttons.

This is happening on version 1.03

Tried this from options menu in the general window as well on the in game settings

Hi Marcel,

Yes they worked fine in F1 2020 as from the beginning, in release 1.03 of F1 2021 they are not mappable ( no idea on previous builds ), and keeping awaiting input and default back to what was set.
I see some more issues regarding mappable buttons on different platforms as well.

For F1 2020 Podium wheels where fully compatible, and it's also recognized in F1 2021 as podium wheel.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    I also had the same problem mentioned above. F1 2021 doesn't allow to map the extra paddles from Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module (APM). The APM has 6 paddles, which 2 paddles are used and mapped correctly for gear up and down (default in the game), 2 paddles for clutch (bottom ones), 2 paddles for anything (usually mapped to DRS and Overtake). 

- F1 2020 allows you to bind any paddle to any function you want.
    - F1 2021 doesn't support the top and bottom paddles. It doesn't recognise the top paddles at all, and the bottom ones are recognised as clutch pedal (F1 2020 recognises as individual paddles). I also noticed that using the Test Button functionally, it identifies the bottom paddles but they are mapped wrongly when binding to a function.

• Report Code
    No code

• Platform?
    Playstation 5

• Game-mode?
    Any

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    I tried to reboot the console, restart the steering wheel, restart the game.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    - I will upload and edit this post.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    Using CSL Elite + Fanatec Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula v2 with Advanced Paddle Modules.
    - Try to bind those extra paddles (2 top ones and 2 bottom ones) to any function.
    I will add step-by-step guide later today
Edited by weekybr
Adding extra information and updating to match the Bug template
  • Like 1

@weekybrwhat wheelbase do you have?

I have a thread with Fanatec in the 402 driver as well https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22210/fanatec-driver-402-before-399-incl-new-firmware-manager-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels#latest

Trying to figure things out, I have this issues with PS5 and DD1 with latest Firmware 402

I know another case with CSL Elite with the exact same issue...
I have a PS5 and freshly installed F1 2020 for some league races, no issues in mapping any buttons at all, so to me it seems this is coming from the F1 2021 game, since they definitly worked.
Fanatec is aware of an issue with the upper paddles with some specific versions, but to me where it worked on F1 2020 I can't beleive this would be completely different with F1 2021, there a quite some threads here having issues mapping buttons on consoles....

I am having similar issues on my xbox series x where i am unable to alter the preset button mapping. Has anyone resolved this yet. I am using the formual v2 steering wheel

Edited by Dano121
1 hour ago, GrandPuba2000 said:

@weekybrwhat wheelbase do you have?

I have a thread with Fanatec in the 402 driver as well https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22210/fanatec-driver-402-before-399-incl-new-firmware-manager-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels#latest

Trying to figure things out, I have this issues with PS5 and DD1 with latest Firmware 402

I know another case with CSL Elite with the exact same issue...
I have a PS5 and freshly installed F1 2020 for some league races, no issues in mapping any buttons at all, so to me it seems this is coming from the F1 2021 game, since they definitly worked.
Fanatec is aware of an issue with the upper paddles with some specific versions, but to me where it worked on F1 2020 I can't beleive this would be completely different with F1 2021, there a quite some threads here having issues mapping buttons on consoles....

I'm using the Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase with Formula V2 with APM. Same situation as yours. F1 2020 works like a charm and F1 2021 is not mapping. Also using 402 firmware.

4 minutes ago, weekybr said:

I'm using the Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase with Formula V2 with APM. Same situation as yours. F1 2020 works like a charm and F1 2021 is not mapping. Also using 402 firmware.

Ok, so means this is something in the F1 2021 game, and not the base or even the rim... Exact same thing!

I too am experiencing this issue - I am on a PS5 with the Podium Racing Wheel F1 (weirdest name ever) all firmware is up to date. 

FWIW, I am also experiencing an issue where the overtake button (which I have mapped to the Circle button until they get this fixed) take more than one press to activate/deactivate (around 80-90% of the time) . 

I'm new to this forum; how long does it usually take to hear back from the dev team on things like this, if ever?

Cheers,

Archie 

• Administrator

HI @GrandPuba2000,

So I know exactly which buttons are not mappable anymore, can you get a image of your wheel displaying all buttons (the fanatec website will help here) and highlight the exact one. 'Top flippers' is a little vague and id like to be exactly specific when bugging to the devs.

@BarryBL, it's a Fanatec known issue on PS5 probably being fixed by the next firmware update, but also might be game related. See remarks made by Fanatec:

The issue with not recognised upoper APM paddles on Playstation is a known issue which should be fixed with the next driver coming sometime this year.

It's a base firmware issue, not a Wheel firmware issue.

On top of that it might also be a game issue when it worked in F1 2020 but not in 2021 anymore, then there is nothing Fanatec can do, then it would be up.to Codemasters to fix that.

@BarryBL top paddles and bottom paddles can't be mapped. Bottom paddles are analogue paddles if I remember correct (can't be mapped on Xbox anyway but that's another discussion. Top flippers here literally top in the picture and bottom flippers likewise.

Podium module.jpg

oh no, I'm sorry - for some reason my PS5 thought I wanted the PS4 version for some reason, and that is the version that works, not the PS5. 

So to be clear here - I was told there was an update, I got it and it turns out that I downloaded the PS4 version (I realized this the I looked at my trophies, I was re-earning a bunch of them) and THAT version allows me to play the game on my PS5 with my wheel working properly, the proper PS5 version still does not recognize my APM upper paddles... this sucks, and is confusing, and ridiculous to be honest. 

23 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

@BarryBL, it's a Fanatec known issue on PS5 probably being fixed by the next firmware update, but also might be game related. See remarks made by Fanatec:

The issue with not recognised upoper APM paddles on Playstation is a known issue which should be fixed with the next driver coming sometime this year.

It's a base firmware issue, not a Wheel firmware issue.

On top of that it might also be a game issue when it worked in F1 2020 but not in 2021 anymore, then there is nothing Fanatec can do, then it would be up.to Codemasters to fix that.

Hi, worth highlighting that I have no issue with using these paddles on my wheel on any other game on the PS5 - including F1 2020. 

The only game on PS5 where they do not work is F1 2021 so there is a game specific issue in that regard.

Wheelbase: CSL Elite PS4

Wheel: Clubsport F1 2021 Special with APM

FWIW lower analogue paddles are working for me in F1 2021 on PS5* it's only the top pair not mappable, and as mentioned - exclusively this issue presents in the F1 2021 game and no others

*Lower paddles are analogue clutch paddles on the APM - in F1 2021 clutch function still seems to be on/off, no analogue option to modulate clutch release so they operate in this binary mode for the game as they did in F1 2020

9 minutes ago, Briandammage said:

Hi, worth highlighting that I have no issue with using these paddles on my wheel on any other game on the PS5 - including F1 2020. 

The only game on PS5 where they do not work is F1 2021 so there is a game specific issue in that regard.

Wheelbase: CSL Elite PS4

Wheel: Clubsport F1 2021 Special with APM

FWIW lower analogue paddles are working for me in F1 2021 on PS5* it's only the top pair not mappable, and as mentioned - exclusively this issue presents in the F1 2021 game and no others

*Lower paddles are analogue clutch paddles on the APM - in F1 2021 clutch function still seems to be on/off, no analogue option to modulate clutch release so they operate in this binary mode for the game as they did in F1 2020

Yep that’s it exactly the same as I get and mine is on the podium Dd F1 also on the Ps5 

• BarryBL unpinned this topic
On 7/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, archienorwich said:

I too am experiencing this issue - I am on a PS5 with the Podium Racing Wheel F1 (weirdest name ever) all firmware is up to date. 

FWIW, I am also experiencing an issue where the overtake button (which I have mapped to the Circle button until they get this fixed) take more than one press to activate/deactivate (around 80-90% of the time) . 

I'm new to this forum; how long does it usually take to hear back from the dev team on things like this, if ever?

Cheers,

Archie 

Is your brake partially engaged?  That will prevent or shut off DRS

edit - just realized you said overtake not DRS

Edited by Chiefbrades
I’m dumb
  • Like 1