Jump to content Jump to content

Due to my poor vision, manually flipping through the MFD is an extremely frustrating experience that is somewhat minimalized by the flashback feature. Also, because I'm also deaf, I tend to miss what Jeff says and I have to go through the MFD menu to find "Jeff Repeat" while trying to defend my position.

So now that MS has buried the kinect, y'all just disabled voice command entirely on the Series X.

For the love of God, please just patch the voice command in for the Xbox consoles.

• Agree 1

• A detailed description of the issue

In My Team, I can see the subtitles for Jeff appearing on the screen. But there's no actual audio from him at all. I can hear the other 'sounds' dropping in the mix. But Jeff makes no sound at all

• Report Code

MPDD-GTJK-JRTV-GTEG

• Platform?

Xbox One

• Game-mode?

My Team

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Saved and reloaded the game, didn't change anything

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Just started the career as usual, noticed there was no sound at all.

Jeff doesnt work for me or anyone I'm playing with at the moment. The game responds to your inputs (pit line will appear if you say box this lap) but there is no confirmation from Jeff. He doesnt talk no matter what command you use. This is on Xbox both gen.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I cannot use voice commands for the in-game radio. It says voice control is not supported at the start screen.

Report code: MAEB-CCVX-EXTG-BASC

• Platform

Ps5

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

Any game mode

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes

• How do you make the problem happen?

By playing any game mode and trying to use voice commands

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Restarted the game and the cosole. Tried to change audio setting.

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Dualsense/ PS5 controller

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, TFBISE16 said:

Jeff doesnt work for me or anyone I'm playing with at the moment. The game responds to your inputs (pit line will appear if you say box this lap) but there is no confirmation from Jeff. He doesnt talk no matter what command you use. This is on Xbox both gen.

This looks like a different issue on Jeff not responding at all. Please complete a bug report separately and tag me in, I'll fire up the Series S and take a look

Just now, BarryBL said:

Due to technical limitations, the only platforms that have voice commands supported in 2021 are PC and PS4.

@FrodoWills please complete a bug report.

Ouch, that’s a bad new… How is it possible? In F1 2020 with PS5 it was working fine 😱

• Administrator
Just now, Nuvolarix said:

Ouch, that’s a bad new… How is it possible? In F1 2020 with PS5 it was working fine 😱

Technical and support limitations between the game and our first party partners I'm afraid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Technical and support limitations between the game and our first party partners I'm afraid. 

Thanks for the explanation, otherwise I would have surely opened a bug report on Friday.

It's a shame about the “full-immersion” of the game but I'll try to survive 😬

@BarryBLI noticed that there is a dual version available on PS5, one named for PS5, the other PS4.
I guess downloading and trying that PS4 doesn't help, but is it worth a try eventually?
Thank you

BTW: what's the difference among these two version for a PS5 user? Is it necessary to cross-play with a PS4 player?

• Thanks 1

- When I launch the game it pops up saying voice control unavailable, my mic is unmuted and I cant talk to my engineer cause of this. Had this problem in f1 2020 but wasn't able to fix it and didn't report it.

- No report code

- PC

- Jeff doesnt work in all game modes, career mode, story mode, grand prix.

- Not online

- I have tried repairing x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime file and the other Kinect language pack. Also tried other things but nothing else has worked.

Uq91bpPkOlvFIdNlhD24pYIYpBtLZTTyP8l6K7zzsyFWEmQoY8LpcYPXRy5HDMZsnTfq-N-bdp4a4_aAba3wgGGIwB_D_kruCYX-JIekLmPgxL5dRxxLkUA0iQWxyOiVERPjWI4

- As soon as I launch the game I get this, bottom left.

I’m having the same issue too.

On a non-related note: loving the game so far but I’ve had 4 game crashes since 7am this morning UK time. Error reports sent to Sony on every occasion. One when changing driver suit during My Team setup, one on Race Strategy screen of Azerbaijan GP in My Team, one just after the race finished in Braking Point Chapter 2 and I can’t remember the other one. 

30 minutes ago, joshuathomas said:

when I load up f1 2021 it says in the bottom left corner that voice control not supported and body else having the same issue I am on ps5 

Yes i also have the same problem

• Administrator
2 hours ago, shobu25 said:

- When I launch the game it pops up saying voice control unavailable, my mic is unmuted and I cant talk to my engineer cause of this. Had this problem in f1 2020 but wasn't able to fix it and didn't report it.

- No report code

- PC

- Jeff doesnt work in all game modes, career mode, story mode, grand prix.

- Not online

- I have tried repairing x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime file and the other Kinect language pack. Also tried other things but nothing else has worked.

Uq91bpPkOlvFIdNlhD24pYIYpBtLZTTyP8l6K7zzsyFWEmQoY8LpcYPXRy5HDMZsnTfq-N-bdp4a4_aAba3wgGGIwB_D_kruCYX-JIekLmPgxL5dRxxLkUA0iQWxyOiVERPjWI4

- As soon as I launch the game I get this, bottom left.

Please check your input of your microphone. Please post your in-game audio settings too.

I have the exact same problem.  I'm playing on my PS5. When I play the PS4 version on my PS5 the voice control works fine. When  I use the PS5 Version it give the Voice control not supported message. 

• Thanks 1

I have the exact same problem.  I'm playing on my PS5. When I play the PS4 version on my PS5 the voice control works fine. When  I use the PS5 Version it give the Voice control not supported message

2 hours ago, CarloLewis said:

I've not bought this year's game yet so I'm hoping somebody could tell me if voice commands now work with the Xbox Series X?

It does not. Unfortunately, there are multiple threads about it and Codemasters has been mum on the topic.