Jump to content Jump to content

13 minutes ago, azombie1223 said:

It does not. Unfortunately, there are multiple threads about it and Codemasters has been mum on the topic.

Barry confirmed this yesterday

It's not supported on XBox due to technical lmiitations

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Ah, I didn't see that. I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical regarding the Series S|X.

50 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Technical limitations... that's BS particularly for the XB-SX in my opinion.  The more likely explanation is... Braking Point.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:16 AM, BarryBL said:

Due to technical limitations, the only platforms that have voice commands supported in 2021 are PC and PS4.

@FrodoWills please complete a bug report.

So there is no fix coming for this? The PS5 and Xbox users are just left with a game missing a pretty large feature that has been standard for several years? But I can play the ps4 version on the same console and it works? Zero of this makes sense.

13 hours ago, kwagga101 said:

I have the exact same problem.  I'm playing on my PS5. When I play the PS4 version on my PS5 the voice control works fine. When  I use the PS5 Version it give the Voice control not supported message

I am also confused, how does the PS4 version work if on PS5 it's not supported? 

18 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

so why is it not available on PS5?

IDK. Perhaps a system update is required. AFAIK the PS5 version of the game is boosted similar to how the PS4 to PS4 Pro enhancements work. Sony have occasionally listed incompatible games but the list is quite small. But the PS5 does have a new audio chip called Tempest Engine which may run in emulation mode for PS4 titles (?)

PS5 3D Audio: What Is PlayStation 5's Tempest Engine? - Push Square

Pure speculation of course as I don't own and am not likely to own the console.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2021 at 2:16 PM, BarryBL said:

Due to technical limitations, the only platforms that have voice commands supported in 2021 are PC and PS4.

Really?? So next gen consoles don’t support this? Even with built in mic on PS5 controller?? This seems crazy that old gen consoles can support it but next gen can’t!

Edited by johnboy83
3 hours ago, johnboy83 said:

Really?? So next gen consoles don’t support this? Even with built in mic on PS5 controller?? This seems crazy that old gen consoles can support it but next gen can’t!

Thinking about it, I'm guessing that the microphone for the PS5 works only on the UI level of the platform such as voice chat. Same goes for the Series S|X where despite it has voice commands for the UI, it only works on there.

3 hours ago, azombie1223 said:

Thinking about it, I'm guessing that the microphone for the PS5 works only on the UI level of the platform such as voice chat. Same goes for the Series S|X where despite it has voice commands for the UI, it only works on there.

It works on PS5 - but only for the PS4 version. Not sure how a PS5 version is limited at the end.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:16 PM, BarryBL said:

Y’all can’t be asking 85€ for a digital copy and than come with a vage answer like this. Question here is: will it be available on next gen and when? 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Sjoeri said:

Y’all can’t be asking 85€ for a digital copy and than come with a vage answer like this. Question here is: will it be available on next gen and when? 

It will not. Only platforms which will have this feature are the PS4 and PC versions.

There is still a workaround this year thank to the PS4 version of the game running in PS5 as well. Hopefully in 2022 will work as it should be, since it’s very important feature IMHO

Cheers,

Nuv

8 minutes ago, Sbidder01 said:

On Xbox one go to settings > Audio > Radio and change to main output device option from whatever the default setting was and it works 😌

What do you change it to?

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

It will not. Only platforms which will have this feature are the PS4 and PC versions.

GUESS WHO’S BACK???😆

Just for the sake of the PS5, I bought F1 2021 today.

Thought I was going nuts when pushing radio button, screaming in the headset, then in my controller and NOTHING!

This is NEXT GEN! Not 3steps back. So sorry, but an excuse like “technical limitations” is just something you should even be ashamed of saying as a dev. The PS5 is so much faster en technical SUPERIOR to PS4, and you say it’s limited? COME ON! With Astro’s playroom works the mic just fine, heck I even use the controller mic in party chats, and people can hear me excellent. 

So i guess the “technical limitations” are not on Sony or Microsoft side, but simply LAZIENESS from CM to dive deep in the REAL technical possibilities of next gen. And they blame it on evereything except theirselves (as usual)

Not beeing able to use Voice Commands is a LEAP backwards when you’re used to it, to quickly adjust wing or tyres, and totally UNACCEPTABLE! Especially when you come with a half ass excuse which makes ZERO sense whatsoever. 

The person who told you technical limitations has really no idea of the power of the Next gen consoles, what they’re capable off. 

I really think that we as a community have to COLLECTIVELY demand they research it better, have contact with MS and Sony, because if we have controllers with tech like adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, 2 microphones and all that stuff, WHY ELSE DO THEY PUT 2!! MICROPHONES IN THE DUALSENSE!?!? Stop hiding behind all those lazy lies of excuses! All this tech, and CM has the guts to say “TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS” 

What a joke! 

btw it doesn’t even look that great on next gen too, yeah it’s all sleeker, but when I go in Performance Mode, it scales down to 1440 at 120hz but the fidelity is nowhere. 

and don’t get me started on Screen Tearing! But that’s already something which goes on for years and years to come.

WITH EA BEHIND IT, GET THE KNOWLEDGE FROM ALL THE STUDIO’S WITHIN EA AND BUILD A DECENT ENGINE! Not this piece of **** which is outdated as ****! FFS! 

• Agree 1

@BarryBL I just purchased my copy of F1 2021 for Xbox Series X and noticed that the voice command is not there. I read the entire thread and you said that it's due to technical limitations. However, will there be a fix eventually? I mean... I even added this to your forums last year when you guys were developing the game. 

I'm currently using the RIG 800 headset and it connects to the XSX via USB. How come you guys can't fix this? At least give players for XSX to have the option to use the headset's microphone while driving. Please fix this.. I've been waiting for this game to come out and now that I have the copy it's disappointing. You guys did a great job with the entire game but this important part missing. Thank you! 

Edited by Cristopherm27