Jump to content Jump to content

On 7/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, BarryBL said:

Technical and support limitations between the game and our first party partners I'm afraid. 

Will there be a fix coming? Or will this be the case forever? 

1 minute ago, Ciappelli said:

Will there be a fix coming? Or will this be the case forever? 

Barry said not in the following post for what it's worth, but it does seem pretty poor if this is true, particularly on PS5.

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Barry said not in the following post for what it's worth, but it does seem pretty poor if this is true, particularly on PS5.

Pretty poor? That’s the understatement of the week😂

1 hour ago, Zachrulez said:

Can someone explain why the PS5 controller works for voice support for the PS4 version and not PS5? That makes zero sense to me.

Due to “technical limitations” that the PS4 is superior to PS5😂

We can use the mic. on several games and party chat, the Dualsense is a technical masterpiece, but hey, “Let’s just say that it’s Sony’s fault and not ours” (typical CM response for not wanting to admit that THEY can’t do it where other devs CAN) 

The Tempest audio engine is super advanced but according to CM it’s “technical limited”😂

• Like 1

Oof the fact my expensive PS5 and it’s controller specifically built for using its microphone can’t be used with this years F1 game?! 

Technical limitation isn’t good enough for such a simple feature - we’re gonna need more Codies. 

Even more annoying given how quality this game is too!

Sorry, but this is ridiculous!

The voice control is the reason why I bought the game for the PS5 platform.

It's a cheeky thing not to have been told this information in advance. A feature that has been established for years is not realized on PS5, but Codemasters does not think it necessary to inform its customers, the fans of the series.

Impudent and untrustworthy.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous!

The voice control is the reason why I bought the game for the PS5 platform.

It's a cheeky thing not to have been told this information in advance. A feature that has been established for years is not realized on PS5, but Codemasters does not think it necessary to inform its customers, the fans of the series.

Impudent and untrustworthy.

Honestly voice control has always been pretty spotty for me at best... it's just that codies excuse for not having voice control in this game doesn't feel very convincing for me. If it's just that it will take too much time to implement with a new console just admit that. It would be nice to know that this won't be a problem for future releases with more development time with the PS5.

7 hours ago, OriginIyls said:

I’m on PS5, and having the same issue. Can someone confirm if this is a Console Settings Related issue ? Or is it just the game acting weird and they need to actually fix it ? 

It's the game. Which so far we've been told won't be fixed.

On 7/15/2021 at 6:47 AM, steviejay69 said:

Microsoft's KInect SDK isn't compatible with the game because it's discontinued, AFAIK.

Microsoft implemented system wide voice command support via a headset mic after the kinect 2.0 failed on the Xbox one, so seems kind of strange that the game cant use voice commands via a headset mic also on the Xbox platform. Microsoft have even gone as far as adding in Alexa and google assistant support as well for the Xbox one and Series S/X.

Surely it is worth some further investigation by both Codemasters and Xbox in order to find a solution here, as it seems plenty of people wish to use the voice command features of the game that are available on other platforms. There really is no reason why a technical limition such as this should exist on consoles.

This doesnt personally affect me, as I am on PC. But I can see why it would be a massive hinderance for users on consoles. When the mic fails to work on the PC version (which happens often with the F1 titles), its a massive pain to scroll through the menus to find the command item you wish to use during a race.

Tagging @BarryBL also, just so this post gets seen by you both.

14 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Microsoft implemented system wide voice command support via a headset mic after the kinect 2.0 failed on the Xbox one, so seems kind of strange that the game cant use voice commands via a headset mic also on the Xbox platform. Microsoft have even gone as far as adding in Alexa and google assistant support as well for the Xbox one and Series S/X.

Surely it is worth some further investigation by both Codemasters and Xbox in order to find a solution here, as it seems plenty of people wish to use the voice command features of the game that are available on other platforms. There really is no reason why a technical limition such as this should exist on consoles.

This doesnt personally affect me, as I am on PC. But I can see why it would be a massive hinderance for users on consoles. When the mic fails to work on the PC version (which happens often with the F1 titles), its a massive pain to scroll through the menus to find the command item you wish to use during a race.

Tagging @BarryBL also, just so this post gets seen by you both.

Not a decision for the community people to decide. It’s feedback to the developer that will decide and cost/ benefit.

You’ve dealt with Microsoft, right? 😃

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Not a decision for the community people to decide. It’s feedback to the developer that will decide and cost/ benefit.

You’ve dealt with Microsoft, right? 😃

I know its not the community staff that make the decisions, but the community staff do have the ability to push forward things for consideration to the developers.

Either way, the point still stands. There is no reason for a "technical limitation" to exist. What this is right here, is purely a software issue. Either with the game, the console, or both. And clearly from the negative feedback going around over this topic, surely its better for the end user if someone on the deployment side reaches out to both xbox and PlayStation in order to find a solution.

The pc verson of the game still installs and uses the kinect runtimes for voice commands in the game. I dont have to use a kinect 2.0 via usb (which does exist) in order to use the voice commands. I currently use my shure mv7, but i can also use a traditional headset mic via usb or one via 3.5m mic jack. Basically any mic can be used on the pc version via the kinect runtimes the game uses for voice commands.

1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

I know its not the community staff that make the decisions, but the community staff do have the ability to push forward things for consideration to the developers.

Either way, the point still stands. There is no reason for a "technical limitation" to exist. What this is right here, is purely a software issue. Either with the game, the console, or both. And clearly from the negative feedback going around over this topic, surely its better for the end user if someone on the deployment side reaches out to both xbox and PlayStation in order to find a solution.

The pc verson of the game still installs and uses the kinect runtimes for voice commands in the game. I dont have to use a kinect 2.0 via usb (which does exist) in order to use the voice commands. I currently use my shure mv7, but i can also use a traditional headset mic via usb or one via 3.5m mic jack. Basically any mic can be used on the pc version via the kinect runtimes the game uses for voice commands.

PS4 works. I know the PS5 has different audio hardware. I’m sure the game devs are aware but I can’t directly tell them to pick it up. It’s the weekend, let’s wait until more people are back at their desks.

Following along this thread re: no voice commands for PS5/XB-sx is pretty damn comical.  Technical limitations...  right.   Stop lying to your customers.  Other games have it on both platforms; so it's not a "technical limitation" it's a developer limitation.   Kind of like how we only have 3 game save slots for Career mode and most of them end up corrupted and unable to load anyways!    You guys dropped the ball this year; EA isn't going to be happy I would assume.  This is my most played game annually, and this year is such a huge step backwards this release is sinking down towards Cyberpunk territory IMO.    I can't use voice commands.  I can't have more than 3 saves; but I guess that's irrelevant since I can't load either one of my 2 My Team saves currently.   Thanks guys; glad I can play the game I bought..   Stop making excuses and fix it.

I really can't put into words how disappointed I am over this. This is the one accessible feature I wished to have aside from being able to move the subtitles to the center of the screen via OSD customization to accommodate my tunnel vision. Would it help if the community raise a stink to both Microsoft and Sony over this matter?

• Agree 1

My theory is that however they're currently implimenting the voice control cannot be done in the same way on the next gen platforms. So I don't think it's technical limitations and more the fact that they have to do something differently to make it work and simply don't have the development time to impliment it.

3 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

My theory is that however they're currently implimenting the voice control cannot be done in the same way on the next gen platforms. 

Indeed. Lots of people seem to be interpreting 'technical limitation' to mean limitations of the new hardware but this isn't what this phrase means to me, and not what I believe Barry meant either. This doesn't change the fact that the current situation isn't a big issue that shouldn't simply be dismissed.

Really disappointed regarding the Voice Control. As i did choose especially the Ps5 version of the game to find out now that Voice Control will not work on Ps5. This was never mentioned before by Codemasters in some way if this topic was not opened?

16 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

PS4 works. I know the PS5 has different audio hardware. I’m sure the game devs are aware but I can’t directly tell them to pick it up. It’s the weekend, let’s wait until more people are back at their desks.

On the PS5 side there is the workaround of using the PS4 software at least, but for the future???
I would say something to go deeply into it, cause it doesn't look like a secondary feature... 😶

On 7/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, BarryBL said:

This looks like a different issue on Jeff not responding at all. Please complete a bug report separately and tag me in, I'll fire up the Series S and take a look

I found that changing my output settings for for the sound caused him to speak. I had to change it from 'headset' to 'main output device'. it has been fine after that.

• Like 2
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic