Jump to content Jump to content

2 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

On the PS5 side there is the workaround of using the PS4 software at least, but for the future???
I would say something to go deeply into it, cause it doesn't look like a secondary feature... 😶

Yeah sure, go back to the PS4 version with longer load times and stuff. 😂 People don’t buy next gen to play the last gen version with all the downsides😉

Edited by AlexTT
2 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

On the PS5 side there is the workaround of using the PS4 software at least, but for the future???
I would say something to go deeply into it, cause it doesn't look like a secondary feature... 😶

Bear in mind this is only an option for those who bought a digital copy. Those like me who have a disc PS5 copy have no access to the PS4 game. That I know of anyway.

3 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

I'm not disagreeing. I was only asking you to wait until today, not until the PS6 is released 😉

• Haha 1

Just for the sake of it, I took the liberty to mail Sony about this, and if it's true what's beeing said about the technical limitations. Put some screenshots in there with Barry's statements. 

Now we wait.

There’s a lot to like about this game but it’s ridiculous that a next gen game cannot support voice control on next gen hardware in 2021. This should have definitely been made clear to people given that the PS4 supported it. It’s not unreasonable to expect the PS5 too as well 😡

• Agree 1
22 minutes ago, Flyboi65 said:

There’s a lot to like about this game but it’s ridiculous that a next gen game cannot support voice control on next gen hardware in 2021. This should have definitely been made clear to people given that the PS4 supported it. It’s not unreasonable to expect the PS5 too as well 😡

Well its just the same as happened with coms in general .......First Moon landing and its live from the moon clear as a bell like Neil Armstrong is calling on a landline using a rotary dial phone from a TV studio in the same building as the News broadcaster and now 52 years later people have difficulty communicating between West Hampstead and New broadcasting house London a few miles away and bizarrely when most people now have cameras that can also be used as a communication device.

8 hours ago, Flyboi65 said:

Well I got reply from Sony, and indeed there’s no voice support, and unclear if the PS5 will even get it. Xbox i don’t know

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Well I got reply from Sony, and indeed there’s no voice support, and unclear if the PS5 will even get it. Xbox i don’t know

No voice support in what sense? Not technically possible in any PS5 game or something else?

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

No voice support in what sense? Not technically possible in any PS5 game or something else?

It’s not in the hardware (yet) 

should be easy possible by programming, but right now the system doesn’t support it 

• Thanks 1

Well, this is absolutely shocking 😕

I hope there will be a fix somehow, perhaps starting from the "hybrid" use of the PS4 version as regards the voice control aspect, I don't know. Just thrown there, but I can't think of an F1 game without voice control 😢

13 hours ago, AlexTT said:

It’s not in the hardware (yet) 

should be easy possible by programming, but right now the system doesn’t support it 

I wonder how that works from the perspective of PS4 games on PS5 supporting voice commands? 

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I wonder how that works from the perspective of PS4 games on PS5 supporting voice commands? 

That's interesting, as the PS5 runs PS4 games "natively" so to speak instead of emulating them like other solutions. That's software, though. I guess it has to do with how it gets around to emulate the Dual Shock 4.

If I'm not mistaken, we can navigate and control the PS4 through voice commands (like open Netflix, start Spotify etc) but the PS5 still lacks this feature?

That's probably a driver thing. A pathway that is open to PS4 games given the way they emulate the DS4 but has yet to be opened for developers by Sony.

Ok..I don't get the whole tech issues it can only work on PC/PS4s and no I didn't read the whole thread....I play 2020 on my PS5 thru PSnow...the 2020 has voice on the ps5...why does the ps5 2021 not have it? Tech limits makes no sense since a older non-ps5 version has it.....

Is there a fix incoming or is this a perm thing? Me buying the game or not depends on if the voice is gonna be added later. Otherwise I'll play it from Gamefly some more and return it...

1 hour ago, upilkhyi said:

Is there a fix incoming or is this a perm thing? Me buying the game or not depends on if the voice is gonna be added later.

Definitely don't buy the game now then, as the information given so far is that it won't be fixed.

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Definitely don't buy the game now then, as the information given so far is that it won't be fixed.

Thanks. I didn't read the whole thing. Just seems to me some coder forgot to put a variable to loop his code 😅.

Everything else looks great but my rht hand only the thumb and index finger works. The VC on 2020 is wonderful to see if i need to adjust my fuel...have a great night!!

On 7/13/2021 at 3:37 AM, TFBISE16 said:

Jeff doesnt work for me or anyone I'm playing with at the moment. The game responds to your inputs (pit line will appear if you say box this lap) but there is no confirmation from Jeff. He doesnt talk no matter what command you use. This is on Xbox both gen.

This happens whenever you are in a party with some1 on xbox as me and m8 do coop career and both can never hear him when partying up. He's on Xbox one I'm on series X

Voice control not supported on PS5 still, is there any chance this problem will be fixed soon because it’s very hard to control the car while trying to talk to Jeff using the D-pad. 

Great game otherwise though. 

16 hours ago, NotGorlic said:

Voice control not supported on PS5 still, is there any chance this problem will be fixed soon because it’s very hard to control the car while trying to talk to Jeff using the D-pad. 

Great game otherwise though. 

The information earlier on in this thread was that it won't be fixed, and it may be a current limitation on the PS5 side that means Codemasters can't. So I certainly wouldn't expect anything soon I'm afraid. It may well never be fixed.

Edited by Ultra3142
On 7/16/2021 at 1:35 PM, BarryBL said:

It will not. Only platforms which will have this feature are the PS4 and PC versions.

So codemaster isn’t gonna do anything to get this supported on next gen. That’s what i’m making of this

It seems to have been confirmed as a PS5 limitation. It's just not supported at present. It's possible a firmware patch will change that. But it's definitely not fair to blame Codemasters if Sony is the one restricting it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Madmaz116 said:

hold on , so does F1 2020 on the PS5 have voice commands ?

Yes, it works with F1 2020 but it was a "PS4 game" only, at the same way the "PS4 version" of F1 2021 works properly in PS5, but not the "PS5 version". Bit weird but it's like this.
Cheers

Just now, Nuvolarix said:

Yes, it works with F1 2020 but it was a "PS4 game" only, at the same way the "PS4 version" of F1 2021 works properly in PS5, but not the "PS5 version". Bit weird but it's like this.
Cheers

ok then it cant be a hardware issue if it works already

• A detailed description of the issue. = Voice commands will not work in any game mode on my PC. Audio quality is great. However, I get no response when trying to use the voice commands with my race engineer. When I press the button to use voice command it registers like it is listening but when I speak/ give proper commands it does not respond at all that I have said anything.  I can use the manual option of scrolling through the menu with the controller but it is very difficult during a race. 
  • Report Code= None
  • Platform? = PC
  • Game-mode? = All
  • [ONLINE] = not using
  • [ONLINE] = not using
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard. = see attached pic. 
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? = I have checked my audio settings in the PC and the microphone in my razor headset is working perfectly. The mic is not on mute. I have gone through all of the audio settings in game, as well as on my PC, to make sure that they are set properly.  I have the latest driver for my nvidia 471.41
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? No
  • How do you make the problem happen? Press the “radio” button and the tone indicates the game is listening but when I talk nothing happens in the game. 

Thank you in advance, for your help with this issue.

1A0281A6-0211-4BEA-9ED7-4D06F2EE8F85.jpeg

D2A2ED57-0566-49AF-8DBE-C33440B55456.jpeg