Jump to content Jump to content

2 minutes ago, steffenl91 said:

It would be nice to know if there are chances that a patch will come that you can use voice control on ps5. Or if it's sure that it will not happen. 

Earlier in the thread it was stated that it would not come.

56 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I find it strange that Voice Control on the Ps4 version of F1 2021 is working on the Ps5, but not on the Ps5 version

I raised the same point earlier in the thread but I don't recall a reply.

Compatibility mode has different tools and interfaces for the software to play with. Think of it like toolboxes. 

The boss limits one toolbox by worker. You can choose 2020 brand new, improved, titanium grade toolbox with all shiny new tools it contains, or the 2013 toolbox with flimsy and clumsy iron tools. There's some little pliers though that the factory has yet to make a titanium version of, so you can only use it if you choose the 2013 toolbox. Some other companies are run differently and the boss has no problem in playing favorites. He will lend his own shiny new titanium pliers to his favorite employees even if they get the 2013 toolbox out of the self. 

• Haha 1

I have to admit, I'm still really bummed about the issue and it made me give up on F1 2021 purely due to the frustration with having to constantly rewind to work through the MFD to get some information, ESPECIALLY asking Jeff to repeat.

It's annoying having to rewind 5-10 times just to work through the MFD and I'm lacking the patience to keep doing it. I really enjoy F1 2021 but I'm not enjoying the frustration with the lack of voice control.

Before some of you ask why didn't I get the PS4/PS5 version, well most of my friends play on the Xbox.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:08 PM, GioProductions said:

I find it strange that Voice Control on the Ps4 version of F1 2021 is working on the Ps5, but not on the Ps5 version

I've mentioned previously in another thread that the PS5 has different audio hardware to PS4. (Tempest 3D Audio - only a handful of games are said to support it).

It's probable that the PS4 compatibility is almost a VM for emulation. To write natively for PS5 hardware and it's enhancements might mean a total rewrite of the audio code. 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:37 PM, steviejay69 said:

I've mentioned previously in another thread that the PS5 has different audio hardware to PS4. (Tempest 3D Audio - only a handful of games are said to support it).

It's probable that the PS4 compatibility is almost a VM for emulation. To write natively for PS5 hardware and it's enhancements might mean a total rewrite of the audio code. 

From what I understand both Series S/X and PS5 run their older generation games in a hypervisor type setting, so not native, but not tradtional emulation or in a virtual machine either. But I am going from basic information available online, which could be wrong.

Realisticly though, and as I pointed out previously. The onus is on Codemasters to communitcate to Microsoft and Sony what features they would like in their games, and to see if that is possible to add support. Which it should absolutly be.

As I also pointed out previously. Microsoft have full system voice command support on Xbox one/one s/one x/series X&S via a headset, which is massivly expanded comapred to the kinect V2 due to the addition of Google Assistant and Amazon Echo support also intergrated now. The latter to should show that Microsoft are willing to talk about voice command features with 3rd parties.

So the real question here, has Codemaster actually tried talking to both Sony and Microsoft to make voice control within the game happen. Or did they just throw up their hands and say "well, this doesnt work anymore; lets move on"???

I know you are only a mod Stevie, so I know you cant answer that. But it is still an interesting question.

The fact of the matter here, this is a software limitation; not a hardware limitation. Especially on the Xbox side. If any company out there can help a Dev add the features they want into a game, it would be Microsoft. Since Software is kinda their thing.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 1

this is not on just had an email from codemasters saying this will not be fixed and there is no plans for future updates as the game dont work may be we could all have it half price or some thing like that i can not play iot the way it is mfd = hit car or wall so having got the game im playing 2020 as 21 dont work as it should so this game dont work and i want money back or some sort of compo 

just had an e mail from codemasters saying there is no plans for future updates and the voice thing will not be fixed PS5 im 54 so old school lol if this game dont work as it should we should ask for some kind of refund they even said get the ps4 version why i have a 5 and want 5 games that work as they should i have  the disk version ps5 and cant afford to keep buying versions of the same thing so top and bottom of it no updates no fix and using mfd no good as hit wall or another car back to 2020 that works fine 

43 minutes ago, Myjan66 said:

just had an e mail from codemasters saying there is no plans for future updates and the voice thing will not be fixed PS5 im 54 so old school lol if this game dont work as it should we should ask for some kind of refund they even said get the ps4 version why i have a 5 and want 5 games that work as they should i have  the disk version ps5 and cant afford to keep buying versions of the same thing so top and bottom of it no updates no fix and using mfd no good as hit wall or another car back to 2020 that works fine 

If you read through the whole thread you'll see the voice control issue is principally down to Sony. You could argue that Codemasters should have highlighted that this feature would be missing though.

• Agree 1
20 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

You could argue that Codemasters should have highlighted that this feature would be missing though.

Valid argument and should remove the message saying ".... not supported" from in game.