Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Handbrake mapping Dirt Rally

Hi,im running with a T500 wheel and pedal set.What I'm wanting to know is what u guys map the handbrake too? Ive currently set it to "0" on the wheel but it doesn't seem comfortable when trying to use it for hairpins or tight turns. Any ideas if there is a better map for it? tnx in advance .

I use the space bar - it's big and I can put my keyboard just to the side of my seat, so it's in about (give or take) the right place.

I use my Fanatec handbrake.
It's analog, rather than digital.
It will work with your T500, if you get the USB dongle for it.

Before I bought that I used to use the sequential shifter on my Fanatec wheel.
I also used the sequential shifter on my G25, and on my Driving Force Pro before that.

You can also use an analog joystick, if you have one laying around.

I don't know how your wheel is set up, but I have a DFGT and I have pulling back on the shift lever as handbrake (and I just force myself to use the paddles for shifting). It's not 100% ideal because there are some cars where I'd prefer to use the sequential shift knob but it's the easiest way to pull handbrake that I've figured out. 

My handbrake on the G27 is mapped to the bottom left-hand side button on the wheel itself.

I can't see any better solution since playing a rally game without shifter is just wrong. I can't afford a separate handbrake either, sooo.. yeah. Bottom left-hand side button.

My handbrake on the G27 is mapped to the bottom left-hand side button on the wheel itself.

I can't see any better solution since playing a rally game without shifter is just wrong. I can't afford a separate handbrake either, sooo.. yeah. Bottom left-hand side button.
The Fanatec handbrake is $99, my problem is finding a place to mount it to. Maybe when logitech sells their new shifter for 40-50 bucks you could use that.

You can buy a cheap 20-30$€ usb-joystick and use that as handbrake.

I'm using xbox360 controller(wireless pad+dongle) and one of it's analog sticks as a handbrake (+Logitech G25-wheel). I just attach(tie) controller to seat handrest.

I just use the G25 shift in sequential mode. Never bother changing gear with anything but the paddles unless I'm pissing about on Assetto Corsa. 

Not sure about the T500 but on the TX there are two buttons on the wheelbase that can be mapped as well. They are conveniently located on the right hand side. I'm using one of those (the Xbox button) for handbrake as its always at the same spot, independently from the wheel rotation. 

I recommend getting hold the Fanatec handbrake, great quality! Then I can choose If I want to drive the cars with paddleshift or manual h-shift with my Thrustmaster T500 RS :)

I got a T300 wheel, and I mapped handbrake to the top right button. Works ok, can be a bit tricky to use when close to full lock though.