Jump to content Jump to content

Slightly underwhelming

I had so much excitement and hope leading up to the release of this game, pre-ordered it and paid £70.  

From the off I found out Imola, Portimao and Jeddah aren't even in the game yet. What's the point in me starting a career mode or an F1 season, when the calander isn't even all there. Spain and Australia aren't even updated. I paid £75 for a half finished product.

Knowing these tracks aren't in the game, I thought I'd have a crack at F2 2020. Playing on controller because I can't afford a wheel setup. It feels like the car just spins in every corner, if anyone knows a fix or how to stop it spinning please let me know, I was fine with f2 last year but it feels horrid now.

The menus. the white is horrible but maybe that's just my eyes. It doesn't take long to start hurting your eyes. 

There's probably a tonne of bugs in the game I'm yet to come across. I noticed the ERS button does not work either. 

*update* upon further playing I admit i probably did over react a bit. But I'm use to it all being there for the past 12 years, quite disappointed with what I got

Edited by Odog06
  • Disagree 3

Re track additions and updates, I agree and I am frustrated that Braking Point took precendent over getting track updates into the game.

But I have to say, I do like the handling, I feel it is better than 2020. Menus, not noticed them enough to annoy me.

Edited by stevetemp7
  • Agree 3

I can't speak for your F2 experience but it's been known for a long time that the three new tracks were going to be patched in later after release. They confirmed that at least two months ago. 

• Agree 6

The tracks aren't a surprise, if you were excited and preordered the expensive one you must surely have done some research.

The F2 cars, they are hard to drive, they will swap ends quickly, just need a delicate touch and a bit of practice, maybe have a look at your saturation in controller settings. 

• Agree 2
20 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I can't speak for your F2 experience but it's been known for a long time that the three new tracks were going to be patched in later after release. They confirmed that at least two months ago. 

That is the problem, people order blindly without informing themselves beforehand. Then they are disappointed and do not understand.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
22 minutes ago, stevetemp7 said:

Re track additions and updates, I agree and I am frustrated that Braking Point took precendent over getting track updates into the game.

But I have to say, I do like the handling, I feel it is better than 2020. Menus, not noticed them enough to annoy me.

If you've got any tips for F2 handling I'd appreciate that a lot,  i was fine with f2 last year in fact i preferred it to f1, but this year it's a bit off for me

i dont get this , we were informed weeks ago the other ttracks that are missing will follow in a post launch update , so dont see how you can complain that they are not in the game a launch. Re the spinning , I booted the game up this morning before going to work and played a quick 5 lap race for the first time , i didnt spin once , then again I stayed clear of raised curbs , maybe its your driving style , I play with full traction as well.

Ive played 5 laps and I love the game , aint even got into braking point or My Team yet

For those of you say, "do your research." I had no idea they wouldn't be added in the game. I've never once had an issue with the F1 games and I always purchase and always have expecting it to work well

• Disagree 1
  • Odog06 changed the title to Slightly underwhelming
6 minutes ago, Madmaz116 said:

Maybe time constraints forced them to add the tracks at a later date , but it doesnt change the fact we were told they wouldnt be in the game at launch. and the game does work well

Yeh maybe in hindsight i should have, but hindsights a wonderfuk thing. I'm use to just picking up the game and it being fine so it was quite a shock.

26 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

The tracks aren't a surprise, if you were excited and preordered the expensive one you must surely have done some research.

The F2 cars, they are hard to drive, they will swap ends quickly, just need a delicate touch and a bit of practice, maybe have a look at your saturation in controller settings. 

The F2 cars were my favourite to drive last year and handled great. Not sure why I'm struggling now just feels really bad

A few posts have been hidden, please keep it on topic.

As a reminder, failing to read about the game content “as is” and that has been publicised prior to sale and pre-order is not grounds for complaint.

It is also in the end user agreement you acknowledge before you start the game for the first time,

• Agree 4

From the start codemasters have freely admitted one of the reasons the new tracks are not in the game from the start is the simple fact they need to go to the tracks and photo every inch of the track to be able to replicate it in game but due to COVID they haven’t been able to do that like normal.