Jump to content Jump to content

[XBOX Series X] Logitech G923 LSB, RSB, +, - Buttons not working

3 hours ago, LogiUK said:

We can't replicate any FFB issues within F1 2021 when using the latest public version of G HUB.  The only known issue is the operating range problem that affects the Xbox versions of the wheels on PC.

It is the DOR issue that they don't see listed anywhere as a known issue, it's never in any of the release notes for GHub versions and it's not on the FAQ of the wheels so go figure why they say LGS "just works"?

Informing the users that this is the issue and that LGS isn't actively updated (well you can deduce it's not since the last update was in 2018) isn't helpful to you getting users to use GHub and then not informing them of the workaround just means they're going to have a poor UX.

They are actively choosing to use LGS with all the supported wheels G923 included. If Codemasters see that there is no progress with the GHub issues then why would they risk trying to code Trueforce support in F1 2021 or future titles if the faulty GHub is the only avenue?

It's getting a bit chicken and egg. Hope you guys can sort it out.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, Hatarez said:

Does it work on PC?

Some examples on youtube configuration on PC.

On the video he is also detailing what functions he is maping on the extra buttons you have on the wheel (he is speaking Portuguese).

At 9m:25s, you can confirm he is on PC. 

Edited by Brutus1O

I would like to add a +1 to this post. It is really unfortunate to buy the G923 wheel and find out that half of the functionality/buttons are not recognized by the games. While I understood the partial support for F1 2020 (released before the G923 came out), I'm highly disappointed to find that F1 2021 does not support TrueForce.

• Agree 2
20 hours ago, shinz78 said:

I would like to add a +1 to this post. It is really unfortunate to buy the G923 wheel and find out that half of the functionality/buttons are not recognized by the games. While I understood the partial support for F1 2020 (released before the G923 came out), I'm highly disappointed to find that F1 2021 does not support TrueForce.

Has to be a choice by the dev team whether or not to use the Logitech/GHub SDK or not. It's clear that basic / advertised functionality is missing from the Logitech range, not just with the wheels but with other peripherals too. Just browsing their own support forums gives you an idea of the scale of the issue.

I get that the + / - buttons and dials are a Microsoft problem, while trueforce is currently unsupported in F1, but how can LSB and RSB still not work? How many iterations is that now? I can't say for before this, but it certainly hasn't worked since F1 2018 and I know that MS have enabled their function since then for it to work in AC, PC2/3, ACC etc.  Control pads have left and right sticks that respond correctly when clicked, so why do their g920/923 counterparts not work?! These buttons work in other titles (including those mentioned that are now owned by the same company) so this is purely an F1 development issue, one that by now must be considered as simply being ignored rather than unable to be resolved. A large amount of players use these wheels on xbox and while we may not be considered as important as the PC streamers / YTers, our game enjoyment is still being affected by it, a number of titles on.

Rant over

• Agree 3