Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox - Disconnection in Lobbies in Online modes


Recommended Posts

So whenever I join an unranked lobby I get into the lobby, stay there for max 2 mins until I get the message migrating host where everybody leaves and I get thrown out again, had this issue in the beta as well. My internet is fine as I didnt have this issue on f1 2020. Do I have some settings wrong or is this just a bug in the game?

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So as I said whenever I join an online lobby I get into the lobby then after max 2 minutes I get the message migrating host followed by everyone leaving and me being the only left in the lobby (I assume this is the game disconnecting me from the original lobby), I have no issues with other games which have online play

Mode: multiplayer

Platform: xbox one s

The amount of players varies from 2 to 20

I wasn't the host

I've tried switching from wired to wireless connection which didnt help and hard resetting my xbox (multiple times) which didnt seem to help either

 

I've added a video of how the issue works

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • After joining a lobby, after a couple of min it looks like everyone leaves the lobby at the same time, whilst it is my account leaving the session. The same thing happens when rushing into a game, the game will remove me from the race the same way as described above.
  • HABR-PSRA-PKRG-GBJG,
  • Series X,
  • Online Multiplayer,
  • 4 players,
  • Not the host.
  • Restart game, restart xbox, reinstall the game.
  • Can record if needed,
  • It happens automatically.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
Just now, Itsmijderobin said:

I've had this issue as well with every lobby I've joined, had it in the beta too. I play on xbox one s so must be a xbox issue

Can you add a report code too please? Helps us out particularly with online sessions. It's available in the pause menu on the bottom left corner

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

@Pilske Report codes are different from error codes. Report codes can either be found in the pause menu when in gameplay or from the options screen when you are at the home screen when looking at the bottom left of the screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem in this thread. Seems to be a problem on xbox only. If needed I can also give you a video or report code in the evening? In the beta forum there should be also one or two examples for this issue from me including report codes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BarryBL changed the title to Xbox - Disconnection in Lobbies in Online modes
4 hours ago, jrace96 said:

Same problem in this thread. Seems to be a problem on xbox only. If needed I can also give you a video or report code in the evening? In the beta forum there should be also one or two examples for this issue from me including report codes.

so it was allready known in the beta and still no fix? why bring out a beta

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Pilske said:

so it was allready known in the beta and still no fix? why bring out a beta

Not exactly the case here.

Have you tried out our troubleshooting options for connectivity: 

Things like correct NAT type and forwarded ports are critical to online gameplay.

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not exactly the case here.

Have you tried out our troubleshooting options for connectivity: 

Things like correct NAT type and forwarded ports are critical to online gameplay.

My connection seems to be fine and I didn't have this issue on the previous f1 game at all. During the beta this glitch kept happening to me but when I switched back to 2020 there were no issues whatsoever. (I checked my internet settings and it had port 3074 which is in that list with needed ports, settings didnt show any weird things or other malfunctions)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My connection is fine, also on 2020, i deleted all the forwarded ports and did the forwarding again, guess what @BarryBL ? Still the same stuff so problems are not on our side but on your side.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, Pilske said:

My connection is fine, also on 2020, i deleted all the forwarded ports and did the forwarding again, guess what @BarryBL ? Still the same stuff so problems are not on our side but on your side.

 

Just I have to rule things out, standard procedure. @Pilske can you add your report as well when possible so I have as much information as possible when the devs see the report. The other 2 players affected have completed reports (thanks!), so the more the better.

Have added to their list now, but more updates the better.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • After joining a lobby, after a couple of min it looks like everyone leaves the lobby at the same time, whilst it is my account leaving the session. The same thing happens when rushing into a game, the game will remove me from the race the same way as described above.
  • CKCT-SVAX-MASG-GBJG
  • Series X,
  • Online Multiplayer,
  • 3 players,
  • Not the host.
  • Restart game, restart xbox, reinstall the game.
  • Can record if needed,
  • It happens automatically

https://gameclips.io/APS Pilske/c7d70d44-2e92-48c7-93e2-5bd1c9c52764

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

Hi All,

Here are some extra things to try, or additional info that might help work out what is going on here:

  • Please could you confirm what NAT type your Xbox reports when checking your internet connection in the dashboard?
  • If not already enabled, please turn on uPnP on your router to see if that improves connectivity (even just as a brief test to confirm if this helps).
  • If enabling uPnP resolves the issue, then try disabling it again and forwarding the ports listed here to see if that works.

Thanks.

 

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

Here are some extra things to try, or additional info that might help work out what is going on here:

  • Please could you confirm what NAT type your Xbox reports when checking your internet connection in the dashboard?
  • If not already enabled, please turn on uPnP on your router to see if that improves connectivity (even just as a brief test to confirm if this helps).
  • If enabling uPnP resolves the issue, then try disabling it again and forwarding the ports listed here to see if that works.

Thanks.

 

NAT type is open with uPnP enabled and also open when uPnP disabled with port forwarding

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same Issue, 

Living in Switzerland btw,

Platform: Xbox Series X

I can join online Sessions but after about 20-30 seconds maximum a minute it shows me everybody disconnecting and im alone in the lobby, or it just kicks me.

Happens in all online lobbies (Ranked, Social, Coop Career)

My NAT Type is open and i dont have problems in other games also not in any earlier F1 game, usually im even hosting our league races because i got the best connection.

Restarted my Router, reinstalled the game, cleared cache, nothing helped

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hoo pinned this topic
  • Hoo unpinned this topic
  • Hoo locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...