Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox - Disconnection in Lobbies in Online modes

16 hours ago, PerfektOne said:
  • Netherlands
  • Ziggo
  • Partly fiber, which is distributed from the street circuit to in home Coax Cable
  • Compal CH7465LG (ziggo connect box)
  • 1,5 meter coax cable to modem + 1,5 meter cat6 cable to xbox series x
  • NAT type is OPEN

Ye I have this as well except I have a xbox one s and the internet cable to my xbox is a bit longer

There might be a problem with port 3074

I have turned off automatic port, chose ports availabke from xbox settings and it worked quite stable.

As soon as I turn on automatic port it usually switches to port 3074 and I got the disconnection errors immediately.

Upnp has to be turned off, as soon as I turn it on it switches me to port 3074 and causes the same disconnections.

I am not a technician and I don't know if it really makes sense what I say, I only want to help.

12 hours ago, Wlad2110 said:

Good news guys!

Had a good session now!

FINALLY A MULTIPLAYER MATCH!!!!

What I did?

I turned off upnp on the router and turned on alternate port in the Xbox menu (I chose port 49606)

Later I chose port 3074 and it worked even better

I also turned on manual DNS 8.8.8.8

Why I did that?

I noticed the Xbox was changing port after some time automatically, and at each of those port changes I flew out of the session.

Surely this is not the solution, but hopefully EA Codemasters can work on it now

20210721_024641.jpg

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

You are using a public DNS

This won’t help those of you that just want to join random online lobbies,but the league I am a part of just could never get everyone into a lobby until we tried it on invite only then strangely it worked and has worked ever since,this might just be blind luck but I thought I’d put it here might help a few of you.

13 hours ago, Wlad2110 said:

Good news guys!

Had a good session now!

FINALLY A MULTIPLAYER MATCH!!!!

What I did?

I turned off upnp on the router and turned on alternate port in the Xbox menu (I chose port 49606)

Later I chose port 3074 and it worked even better

I also turned on manual DNS 8.8.8.8

Why I did that?

I noticed the Xbox was changing port after some time automatically, and at each of those port changes I flew out of the session.

Surely this is not the solution, but hopefully EA Codemasters can work on it now

I have tried this and it is working but not on everyone, sometimes it gives the error failed to join on some people

6 minutes ago, Hoo said:

@Wlad2110 - are there any other Xboxes running on your network, or perhaps a PC running the Xbox Live app? 

Hello,

On my smartphone I have Xbox One App installed. Nothing else. I am adult and my kids are too small to play, I am the only one in our house playing the xbox

I have gone back to wireless connection and I haven't had the error codes but I am still having the host migrating glitch in every  social play lobby

I'm not on port 3074

Not using dns 8.8.8.8 becuse I don't know how it works 

Report code GPBP-PRGA-GSEC-GSJG

Edited by Kavodrifts
On 7/20/2021 at 8:49 PM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

We've been investigating this report, but haven't been able to repeat this issue internally. 

For anyone affected by this issue, please could you provide the following information to help us understand how your network is configured:

• Your country / region
  • Your ISP
  • Your connection type (phone, fiber, cable, etc.)
  • Your modem / router model
  • A summary of your network setup from your internet socket to your Xbox
  • The reported NAT type on your Xbox  

Additionally, we would like to enable some more logging for users affected by this issue that may help us to locate the cause of the problem. If you are happy to assist us with this then please send me a direct message that references this thread and letting me know that you are able to help. I will then provide you with further details.

Thanks.

ISP: Ziggo 

Connection type: Wired cable

Modem model: Ziggo connectbox

Summary of intersocket to xbox. I’ve got a modem set downstairs, in which a wired cable goes up to my xbox. So it’s a direct wired cable from the modem up to the xbox. 

Reported NAT type: Open

4 minutes ago, PerfektOne said:

Could be, but Vodafone uses a different technology for internet (ADSL or fibre optic) and Ziggo uses Fibre to Coax.

I don't think this is the problem here.

Any data connection should work. T-Com customers slmetimes even use mobile wireless connection for internet usage.

I think it is a port forwarding problem here

As vodafone does not give us an unique ipv4, but ipv6 adress the port forwarding is done automatically by vodafone and this might be the problem

England

BT

BT Smart Hub 2

Wifi

Open nat type

Never had a problem on another game with this setup. Experiencing similar issues to everybody else, I might get one race per evening and then when trying to move to the next race get stuck on the black loading menu and have to reboot the game. It's really disappointing as the handful of games I have played online have been fun.

It is not working at all today

Maybe I had luck yesterday using the alternate port.

But today I have no luck at all.

Cannot play and have sent a few reports.

Hope this helps the team to figure out the problem

Also called my ISP and talked to a technician. They told me it is a game issue as everything works fine but F1 2021 lobbies don't.

Provider: Ziggo
Provider router
Connection: Wired
NAT: Open

Never had a problem on another game with this setup. Only in f1 2021 Still having the problem that within 2 minutes everyone is disconnecting from the online game (which basically indicates that I'm the only one disconnecting) since my friends in the same lobby (private or public) are still playing. Never had this problem with earlier f1 games. In our gaming group 2 of 6 are experiencing this problem. 

Really disappointed buying the deluxe version for early acces and mainly playing online in private lobbies. Basically the game is unusable for me.

• Agree 3
  • Hoo unpinned this topic
  • Hoo locked this topic