Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox - Disconnection in Lobbies in Online modes

Hello guys

First: I have this issue since 15 days and cannot be connected to any lobby for more than 2 minutes usually.

I also see a lot of WD10048 and ND7 errors.

If I let all settings on Standard or automatic it does what it does - disconnect and errors sometimes.

But with a few tweaks I was able to play in the last days. I even was able to play for several hours without any issue at all.

I think there could be several issues here.

1. I see most of us are using the Connect Box router. I see mine overheating often and this might cause that the router does not work properly, maybe it affects the UPnP function. There is also a possibility that the routers UPnP is not working properly with Codemasters or Xbox servers as it does not change it's NAT after turning off nor it shows me that UPnP is unavailable. I think the UPnP function in the Connect Box router has no sense or function at all.

2. I also see that with a private ip you get that issue. This can also be related to UPnP failure. Changing your xbox connection and tunneling your traffic through a vpn that uses a public ip does work for me, but gives me the VPNs NAT.

3. Installing a hotspot app on the PC, connecting the Xbox with that Hotspot and turning on the UPnP-Server function inside the app does work also. This makes your PC work like a router.

Hope I can help you with that.

Edited by Wlad2110
  • Administrator

Hi all,

We have a update on this one. 

Currently, we have a number of fixes in the testing phase that we believe will improve connectivity for players. However, they are still in the early phases of testing, and will need to be tested before we can reliably claim that these are fixed and ready to be added to the patch schedule. Undisclosed ETA on these, but we have found issues and are onto the next phase.

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
6 hours ago, Wlad2110 said:

3. Installing a hotspot app on the PC, connecting the Xbox with that Hotspot and turning on the UPnP-Server function inside the app does work also. This makes your PC work like a router.

Hope I can help you with that.

How does that work?

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

We have a update on this one. 

Currently, we have a number of fixes in the testing phase that we believe will improve connectivity for players. However, they are still in the early phases of testing, and will need to be tested before we can reliably claim that these are fixed and ready to be added to the patch schedule. Undisclosed ETA on these, but we have found issues and are onto the next phase.

Just in broad terms, do we think this is a matter of months or weeks away?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, WhippyHail said:

Just in broad terms, do we think this is a matter of months or weeks away?

I wouldn't want to give timeframes and false promises, but once we have it in testing, its usually a shorter time from bug to patch, pending all goes as expected.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Pilske said:

How does that work?

I personally have installed "Connectify Hotspot 2021" on my PC and now I am using my PC like a router. The signal from the router goes to PC and from PC to Xbox.

It works for me very fine, had some league races with this setup yet.

Sessions up to 60 mins are free, but you will need to pay at least 6$ for a PRO Version.

I will do a video later on how I do that.

I also believe that if you just change your "Connect Box' router for a Fritzbox it may work.

Edited by Wlad2110
  • Codemasters Staff
On 7/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, Hoo said:

A quick update: Firstly, many thanks for the info everyone has provided. This has been extremely useful. Extra thanks to those players who also offered assistance with additional logging.  

The information that you provided showed there to be several different issues at play. We have made good progress on a couple of these issues and will be aiming to roll out some fixes in the next Xbox patch (v1.05). These fixes should resolve some cases where players were being removed from a session after loading into the track and may also fix some instances where players would fail to join another session after having been removed from a session previously. We will be aiming to get this patch out as soon as we can, but the build still needs to go through the full test and submission cycle first, so we can't give an accurate ETA at the moment. @BarryBL will update this thread once we have more information for you. 

Please note that we are still investigating further issues that were uncovered as part of this thread. We will be monitoring this thread, so please let us know if you are still experiencing constant disconnections from the session after v1.05 is released (with bug info, report codes and videos where possible).

Thanks.

Hi. I'm just reposting this as this information seems to have been lost in this thread. We expect the above fixes to be rolled out in Xbox patch 1.05. This patch is currently in test and will be released once it has been approved by all appropriate parties. As @BarryBLmentioned, we also have additional fixes that should improve some of the NAT and IPv6-type issues reported on other threads. These extra fixes are going into internal test this week - if successful, we will aim to release these additional fixes in patch 1.06.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Después de unirme a un lobby, después de un par de minutos, parece que todos abandonan el lobby al mismo tiempo, mientras que mi cuenta abandona la sesión. No he podido correr una carrera online completa desde que compre el juego
  • HVXS-ATGM-XMTM-GTEG
  • XBOX ONE,
  • Multijugador en línea,
  • 2-20 jugadores,
  • No era el anfitrión.
  • Reinicie el juego, reinicie xbox, reinstale el juego, 
  • Puede grabar si es necesario,
  • Sucede automaticamente
4 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi. I'm just reposting this as this information seems to have been lost in this thread. We expect the above fixes to be rolled out in Xbox patch 1.05. This patch is currently in test and will be released once it has been approved by all appropriate parties. As @BarryBLmentioned, we also have additional fixes that should improve some of the NAT and IPv6-type issues reported on other threads. These extra fixes are going into internal test this week - if successful, we will aim to release these additional fixes in patch 1.06.  

That's great 👍is this patch 1.06 coming this week 

For me now working perfectly.

Not even one error for 2 days

I think the routers UPnP is "special" , so I solved this problem for me so far, but a Patch is still needed.

Thank you Codemasters for offering this user exchange platform 

Edited by Wlad2110
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, funkydwaas said:

@Wlad2110 Have you enabled or disabled UPnP 

I did not notice any difference between activated and deactivated.

Like I said before I think it does not work properly. Wether the router's or the Codemasters' or the Xbox server has an UPnP protocol issue.

I installed a tunnel on my pc and my PC is now opening the NAT via UPnP.

Maybe you call you ISP to ask for a Fritzbox. The Fritzbox may work as well.

Or you turn off your Connect Box and let it cool down. Later you put the box sideways, activate UPnP and try to play. This could work temporary, too.

Edited by Wlad2110
  • After joining a lobby, after a couple of min it looks like everyone leaves the lobby at the same time, whilst it is my account leaving the session. The same thing happens when rushing into a game, the game will remove me from the race
  • EJVB-KDPB-APVK-GBEG
  • Series X
  • Online Multiplayer
  • 4 players
  • Not the host
  • Restart game, restart xbox, reinstall the game (I have NAT OPEN)
  • Can record if needed
  • It happens automatically

After joining a lobby, after a couple of minutes it looks like everyone leaves the lobby at the same time, whilst it is my account leaving the session. The same thing happens when rushing into a game, the game will remove me from the race the same way as described above.

JHXV-TSSV-SDAT-GMEG,

Xbox Series S,

Online Multiplayer,

2-20 players,

Not the host.

Restart game, restart xbox, reinstall the game.

Can record if needed,

It happens automatically.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:01 PM, Hoo said:

So @Hoo @BarryBL. The patch notes for patch 1.05 did not contain the fixes that you’ve described above. So when the patch does come out, could you guys inform us if the patch did go trough on this particular patch. 

Another weekend went by without a patch and therefore no online gaming capabilities with F1 2021. I really understand fixes need time however as a software tester I never seen these kind of slow fixes on a blocking issue. 

• Agree 1
  • Hoo unpinned this topic
  • Hoo locked this topic