Jump to content Jump to content

I had the same issue in f1 2020 and it is rather annoying but I play some open lobbies and the fps is good and above 144 but as I do more race the fps drops down to as low as 15 fps. 

my cpu temperatures stay good going about 60 some people said it is and memory leak on but idk

This is my specs

CPU - I7 8700k

GPU- RTX 2060 6G

Ram -16gb

Twitch vod skip through race to see the fps get worse- 

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

DXDiag would be helpful here too.

• A detailed description of the issue. Fps is droping overtime
  • Report Code
  • Platform?   PC
  • Game-mode?  Online
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. 20 drivers
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? i was the host
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. lowering graphics settings
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party.  
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. just by playing the fps gets worse over time

DxDiag 10.00.19041.0928 

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/79610-bug-reporting-template-all-modes/

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

DXDiag would be helpful here too.

this good?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Can you add your in-game graphical settings too @detor_uk. Do these drops only happen in Online sessions?

Maybe dropping to 60fps might help with smoothness

Yes these drops only seem to happen in online sessions. I can go back to time trial and stuff after noticing the drops and it is completely fine and back up to normal. We think we may have realised what the problem is (since my brother also suffers from the same issue within the same household), it seems that our internet performance degrades over time from about 300mpbs down to 10% of that sometimes. We have contacted microsoft to try and fix but none of what they did helped. It just seems so weird that it affects our fps so much since that i guess some people are able to play online with speeds much slower than ours. ty

2 minutes ago, detor_uk said:

Yes these drops only seem to happen in online sessions. I can go back to time trial and stuff after noticing the drops and it is completely fine and back up to normal. We think we may have realised what the problem is (since my brother also suffers from the same issue within the same household), it seems that our internet performance degrades over time from about 300mpbs down to 10% of that sometimes. We have contacted microsoft to try and fix but none of what they did helped. It just seems so weird that it affects our fps so much since that i guess some people are able to play online with speeds much slower than ours. ty

Do you play on a wired or wireless connection?

Please check headphones for firmware updateKeyboard. Mouse. Razor Synapse should alert you to these.

26 minutes ago, Straaft said:

Same issue here, in same household as detor_uk. My DxDiag is linked and I am also on a wired connection. We had the exact same issues in 2020 but never got it fixed.

DxDiag.txt 107.59 kB · 1 download

UEFI although latest, is older. I have had issues with MSI 100 Series boards (yours is Z170A Gaming M5) not accepting modded images with M-FLASH.

There is also an updated module for the Killer Network E2400 LAN, not a driver but a firmware module.

Please contact MSI directly for them to integrate the uCode and the Killer LAN module into a private BIOS (you will have to register for an MSI account first).

ASMedia USB is also an issue. Uninstall any software packages with ASMedia drivers then in Device Manager, uninstall the device ticking the checkbox to remove the software. Restart the machine and let W10 install the inbox driver. Try to avoid using the ASMedia ports they are the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C connector and the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A connector directly above it.

If you have both got connectivity issues this may be due to your ISP or router. If you are wired in the same household can you try the LAN game?

Are you able to provide ISP and router information?

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

UEFI although latest, is older. I have had issues with MSI 100 Series boards (yours is Z170A Gaming M5) not accepting modded images with M-FLASH.

There is also an updated module for the Killer Network E2400 LAN, not a driver but a firmware module.

Please contact MSI directly for them to integrate the uCode and the Killer LAN module into a private BIOS (you will have to register for an MSI account first).

ASMedia USB is also an issue. Uninstall any software packages with ASMedia drivers then in Device Manager, uninstall the device ticking the checkbox to remove the software. Restart the machine and let W10 install the inbox driver. Try to avoid using the ASMedia ports they are the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C connector and the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type A connector directly above it.

If you have both got connectivity issues this may be due to your ISP or router. If you are wired in the same household can you try the LAN game?

Are you able to provide ISP and router information?

We are with Gigaclear here in the UK and i believe its a LinkSys router. Also never thought about trying LAN but we will give it a go when we next motice the issues.

7 minutes ago, Straaft said:

We are with Gigaclear here in the UK and i believe its a LinkSys router. Also never thought about trying LAN but we will give it a go when we next motice the issues.

They look like custom routers and will probably have Gigaclear approved firmwares. Drop them an email explaining the issues you are having and link them here to see your progress.

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

They look like custom routers and will probably have Gigaclear approved firmwares. Drop them an email explaining the issues you are having and link them here to see your progress.

Yeh i dropped them an email, but no repsonse atm

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

We did quite a few speed tests last week testing, we got 300mbps up/down (what we pay for) after a restart and can go down to like 10% of that. Were are currently playing open lobbies atm so ill get back to you when we notice problems and send the speeds then.

21 minutes ago, Straaft said:

We did quite a few speed tests last week testing, we got 300mbps up/down (what we pay for) after a restart and can go down to like 10% of that. Were are currently playing open lobbies atm so ill get back to you when we notice problems and send the speeds then.

Is Gigaclear a FTTP service or FTTC? It's just a couple of people I know have had issues on FTTP and in each instance it was an installation fault. Try getting an engineer to check your termination.

7 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Is Gigaclear a FTTP service or FTTC? It's just a couple of people I know have had issues on FTTP and in each instance it was an installation fault. Try getting an engineer to check your termination.

A FTTP connection

• Agree 1
48 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

https://gigaclear.speedtestcustom.com/result/0e8890e0-efa7-11eb-ae6c-2719e0eecce1

Just started experience frame problems in open lobbies, this is my speed atm, not as bad as it has been tbh but still causing issues

Heres an example of the frame drops we just had (down to like 45fps) https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantStylishMinkChocolateRain-9Yh-0-53h-Yo5IkV

36 minutes ago, Straaft said:

https://gigaclear.speedtestcustom.com/result/0e8890e0-efa7-11eb-ae6c-2719e0eecce

Just started experience frame problems in open lobbies, this is my speed atm, not as bad as it has been tbh but still causing issues

Heres an example of the frame drops we just had (down to like 45fps) https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantStylishMinkChocolateRain-9Yh-0-53h-Yo5IkV

Does the issue occur without the camera or when you're not streaming to Twitch? Also, check your settings in Twitch for bandwidth.

Just now, steviejay69 said:

Does the issue occur without the camera or when you're not streaming to Twitch? Also, check your settings in Twitch for bandwidth.

yep it does, this is detor, however i was suffering at a simlar time aswell and i dont stream