Jump to content Jump to content

I found a bug on the 2021 Ferrari F1 car's steering wheel. There weren't any buttons on the wheel, just the dashboard and the big Ferrari button.

I play on an Xbox One

Report code: RXJV-PAVV-CJET-GDEG

IMG_20210713_165624.jpg

• A detailed description of the issue. Ferrari steering wheel graphics is flawed: no lower knobs and other details visible, this happens during gameplay, in every track in the Cockpit, TV Pod and Tv Pod Offset cam (both Global and Scuderia Ferrari). In flashback replay the wheel is perfect (see the 2nd picture). All the other cars don't show any such problem.
  • Report Code XBMT-ATMV-TJVM-EAKJ  GTEX-SMVD-PGVM-EAKJ
  • Platform? PS4
  • Game-mode? Solo Grand Prix and Time Trial (I don't play online).
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Tinkering with camera settings.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Just by starting a Solo Grand Prix or TT in a Ferrari SF21.
  • Gameplay.thumb.jpg.e5ba077911d56daef94b49b3222a41cb.jpgReplay.thumb.jpg.eb6ac748ebb368572d9686d66343c98c.jpg

•  
Edited by ZAPPADIETRO
Added detail
  • ZAPPADIETRO changed the title to PS4 Ferrari Steering Wheel Graphic Bug
  • A detailed description of the issue?
    • I've played a race with Leclerc in Austria and I've noticed that the steering wheel while I'm playing with the offset camera lacks textures and seems fine with the other cams (TV Cam and cockpit cam)
  • Platform?
    • PS4
  • Game-mode?
    • Grand Prix and Time Trial
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • With this kind of problem, I don't tried anything, sorry.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • Yes, there you have! 1794256437_F12021_20210718142652.thumb.jpg.77f2d288a285f90b2a6359bc6a690909.jpg1350337763_F12021_20210718142715.thumb.jpg.220524fa741d1939042c96937528f321.jpg613000444_F12021_20210718142728.thumb.jpg.d819fa344aa8c046d3c848d62e68a485.jpg1023081408_F12021_20210719001517.thumb.jpg.25d18be5b3500ac702d2031fea1f4c07.jpg
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Unfortunately the problem appeared by itself and I realised of it when I started the Grand Prix

@BarryBL There's been 4 reports on this issue (list linked below). Only this one has been tagged as "awaiting info 2021" but the author has clearly disappeared. No "with developers 2021" does mean this bug is not taken into account, at least for now?

https://forums.codemasters.com/search/?&q=ferrari steering&type=forums_topic&nodes=140&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles&sortby=relevancy

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ZAPPADIETRO said:

@BarryBL There's been 4 reports on this issue (list linked below). Only this one has been tagged as "awaiting info 2021" but the author has clearly disappeared. No "with developers 2021" does mean this bug is not taken into account, at least for now?

https://forums.codemasters.com/search/?&q=ferrari steering&type=forums_topic&nodes=140&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles&sortby=relevancy

Hi @ZAPPADIETRO,

Not the case, just hadn't got to it yet. Apologies. Have now, and easy to report. With devs 👍

• Thanks 1
  • BarryBL unlocked this topic

I had locked this to try to merge the other threads.

There really are too many other threads.

It will take a long time just to close or merge the Thrustmaster FFB threads. It's pinned I don't know what else we are to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Cuando estás jugando F1 2021, si escoges jugar con la escudería Ferrari en cualquier modo, no recarga los gráficos del coche onbodard y queda horrible a la hora de jugar con Ferrari, por favor arreglenlo de inmediato

20210728_232653.jpg

2 hours ago, Cilopez19 said:

Cuando estás jugando F1 2021, si escoges jugar con la escudería Ferrari en cualquier modo, no recarga los gráficos del coche onbodard y queda horrible a la hora de jugar con Ferrari, por favor arreglenlo de inmediato

20210728_232653.jpg

Please fill in the full bug report template in English. Otherwise, the dev's can't help you.

When you are playing F1 2021, if you choose to play with the Ferrari team in any mode, it does not reload the graphics of the onbodard car and it looks horrible when playing with Ferrari, please fix it immediately

20210728_232653.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update

This bug has something to do with FOV and Offset Horizontal values:

FOV above zero = bug

Offset Horizontal below zero = bug

In the video I start setting Fov to +3, then I toggle the cam back and forth to trigger the bug. Back to zero again, trigger, and the bug disappears. Doing the same with Offset Horizontal, only changing the value to -3 etc.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, zApPaDiEtRo said:

Update

This bug has something to do with FOV and Offset Horizontal values:

FOV above zero = bug

Offset Horizontal below zero = bug

In the video I start setting Fov to +3, then I toggle the cam back and forth to trigger the bug. Back to zero again, trigger, and the bug disappears. Doing the same with Offset Horizontal, only changing the value to -3 etc.

Even Offset Vertical: -20 -19 -18 +18 +19 +20 = Bug. 😒