Jump to content Jump to content

Why is the career mode calendar not accurate to real life?

I understand that the newer tracks will be added later but we had Styria followed by Austria - yes they are the same track - but some of us want the realism. Why is Canada in career mode? Australia? 

I don't understand why Codemasters can't get the realism right. 

Some of us aren't interested in the story mode or split screen or two player season - we want a single player career that is as true to the real life season as possible. 

I'm going by what I have seen on Youtube so far and it also looks like the tracks haven't been updated (again!). The same game is just released every single year. I've watched lots of reviews and no one seems to be discussing the handling or physics or force feedback. The focus for Codemasters/EA has been to shift to this story mode and waste time on cutscenes rather than developing the realism of the game. It's getting more and more childish and arcade-like every single year. Give the license to Kunos. 

£50? Nope. 

• Agree 1

Because by the time those changes were made everything was already done anyway. And I don't see why more variety in a career mode is bad, even if it isn't realism. In a game fun is more important than realism.

• Agree 3

F1 changed the calender so many times, tracks comes and goes. Codemaster uses the original calender for the game. 
The game goes more to realism than arcade the last years. Now we have better damage mode and you cant hit any kerbs like a maniac. And Physics is way better now then prevoius games. Then we have 1,5year of covid-19 that sure affects the developing of the game. 
and they cant just change tracks, they need to be rebuild from scratch. And now they have three new tracks that got to be added later on. I dont care so much for breaking point, but a story mode sure can get new players in to the game and more money for codemasters that can help improve future game.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

I don't understand why Codemasters can't get the realism right. 

Because frankly that wont work when they not have their tracks ready. I understand new tracks are additional effort, I hardly unterstand to pay full price for an unfinished product. What i do not understand, though, is why you cant simply let other tracks stay in the game, in order to put together a 22-24 race calendar? And where is my option to drive a double header in Austria, twice on the same track in a row, because that is was happened IRL trough 2 seasons in a row now? Why not let me pick Austria twice, cant be that hard to implement?

• Agree 4

Why can they not just put in the option to just make your own calendar - like you can in a championship or multiplayer session?

It would be so simple to implement and would solve all of the issues with the schedule changing throughout the season (well apart from certain tracks not being available yet or at all)

I’d rather people didn’t complain too vocally about Canada, Singapore, Australia and China being in the game. The more tracks there are, the more variety and potential for mixing it up! 
That being said, the option to duplicate tracks to pad out a 23 race season would be nice.  There’s something odd about seeing Spain 2nd in the calendar and Monaco 3rd when Monaco was like 8th last year. 

• Agree 1
22 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

Because by the time those changes were made everything was already done anyway. And I don't see why more variety in a career mode is bad, even if it isn't realism. In a game fun is more important than realism.2

So why did they remove China? I'll tell you why - so they can re-add it next year and get the youtuber shills to shout and scream to us that they've added new circuits.

Codemasters are perfectly suited to being in bed with EA.

• Agree 2

I'd rather it was a full calender in all game modes and not a COVID affected one. I don't want an epidemic ruining my computer games too.

But yeah, having a custom calender option along with ordering would accomodate for all preferences.

I’m just going to play 16 race seasons and mix up the calendar each year to keep it interesting. The four I don’t have this season I will add again next season and take four different ones out. I know it isn’t totally realistic but with all the calendar changes this year it’s hard to know what’s going on one week to the next. Istanbul has done the Hokey Cokey a few times already.

7 hours ago, milook said:

So why did they remove China? I'll tell you why - so they can re-add it next year and get the youtuber shills to shout and scream to us that they've added new circuits.

But china is not removed 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
14 hours ago, milook said:

They'll also put out videos when Imola, Portimao and Jeddah are added. It's as if they've got some sort of agreement with Codemasters and EA...

• Agree 1