Jump to content Jump to content

Hi all, just a random thing to report. I’ve been playing the game on and off today and every time I get to a cutscene in Braking Point, or a Media Interview in My Team, the console fan starts up and the system starts running very hot. Absolutely fine during races etc, only cut scenes and interviews. It got so hot at one point that the console shut down.

I haven’t been experiencing this with any other games, including F1 2020, so just thought it was worth mentioning here in case it’s a bug that needs ironing out.

• Agree 3
  • A detailed description of the issue: Drove 2 Races on my Series X. F2 in Career Mode. During the championship celebration scene the pic freezes, the xbox turned off and was really really hot.

• Report Code
  • Platform: Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode: Driver Career, F2 Season
  •  

I dont have the option to switch graphics modes but it does get very hot.

Is the frame rate in menus uncapped making the system try and render 3 million fps in menu scenes? At most we need 30 fps in menus and 60 in cutscenes.

I have noticed my Xbox Series X is getting very hot playing Braking Point. I’ve never seen this happen before on any other game, it does only seem to be Braking Point that causes this. I wonder if the engine is trying to render something during cutscenes?

6 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

@substylerMerged your post in with this one to keep everything in one place.

Can we look at filling out the template where possible as well please? Thank you.

Hey, what about answer the topics about your unfinished game ? Looks like I’m runnig a Xbox One version, this game is not optimized, why do you lied to us ? 

• Disagree 1

Just update I tried to change settings to graphics but as only using 60 FPS screen I don’t get any boost to graphics so looks like a design fault by codemasters during cutscenes as I did try graphics even so and still cutscene stuttered and stopped.

• Agree 1
  • A detailed description of the issue. - While I was just about to cross the finish line during Braking Point Chapter 2, my Xbox completely shut off. After I turned the Xbox back on, it stated that it shut down because of an overheating issue. I have never experienced this with any other game.
  • Report Code - N/A
  • Platform? - Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? - Braking Point Chapter 2
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. - N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? - N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. - N/A
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. - N/A
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - Attempting to finish Braking Point Chapter 2.

The game overheats the next gen consoles my Series S had switched itself off twice. Cant be good for the console surely? It happens in menus not during game play.

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

Thanks for all of the reports everyone. 

This has now been added to our internal report and is with developers. Please continue to post reports so we can add this to our feedback for the team.

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Games become more demanding every year. Can your console get enough fresh air or is it place in a kabinet or something were hot air can't escape from?

My Xbox is on a table by itself, with nothing surrounding it. Ventilation is definitely not the issue.

My XBOX Series X overheated as well. I've never experienced this with any other game. I did notice that this only happened while playing braking point. There are also some issues with flashbacks and replays in-game (only on braking point). The flashbacks and replays seem to be running under 30 FPS. I had the game running solely on the "graphics option." This game looks and feels incredible, so I really hope they don't lower the graphics quality to solve the problem. The Xbox has been turned on its side to push air straight out which seems to have solved the over heating issue.PXL_20210718_200600944.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.1871cc0c8d7347128b2b4ee93b630f09.jpg

Edited by LaunchControl45
  • Agree 1

Same issues here on Series X. Something is wrong with cutscenes/interviews/replay/highlights, these are causing the console to turn off way too often. Not a single problem during actual gameplay/driving.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, kingofsleep said:

My Xbox is on a table by itself, with nothing surrounding it. Ventilation is definitely not the issue.

Agree on that my series x has plenty of ventilation and this is only game that has caused it to crash since I got the console last November 

I've now had my Xbox Series X completely shut down on 3 out of 4 playing sessions. Keep in mind that I barely have time for gaming, so these sessions are well under an hour. I've requested a refund from Xbox until this issue is fixed. It's not worth possibly causing permanent damage to my Xbox over this game.

Edit: This is the one and only game that has ever done this on my Xbox. This needs a fix ASAP.

Edited by kingofsleep
Clarification
  • Agree 1