Jump to content Jump to content

[xbox] Track limits at Pouhon (Turn 12) in Spa on strict rules[4/5]

Description:

The lap is not invalidated in Time Trial despite clearly running off track in order to keep the throttle down. I also tried this in grand prix mode and was able to repeat the same thing with strict corner cutting. I could have gained time from this although I think that if you go off and clearly don't gain time you shouldn't be punished.

Report Code: TDBE-RXHG-HJHE-GMEG

Platform: Xbox (xbox one x)

Game mode: I have seen this in both time trial and grand Prix mode so I assume its happening across all game modes

In terms of troubleshooting I don't think there is much I can do although I have tried reloading the session and the problem remains

Steps to recreate issue:
I was able to recreate this 3 out of 4 times in TT and 1 out of 1 in Grand Prix so in total in 4 out of 5 attempts.

1) Set corner cutting to strict or load TT as it's on strict
2) When in the corner run far wide, a couple of metres off track. The game seems to not invalidate your lap if you do this, when I tried running marginally wide I was given a warning so I think you have to be very far wide for it to happen. 
3) Rejoin the track having carried more speed as a result of going wide
4) Look to see if the game invalidated your lap

The one attempt where I did get a warning was the one where I was only slightly off.

Videos of successful recreation in TT:

8 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

This could be by design. Going wide a lot means you don't gain an advantage which you might get going wide only marginal. @BarryBL am I right?

Yeah I think you're right I just tested it with the delta the you do gain a bit on entry but you lose it on exit compared to staying on track, I think you would have to perfectly extend it then maybe it is faster. Not sure if it's worth changing it because you then probably punish genuine mistakes in races to maybe stop people gaining a tenth in qualifying. I just thought I should report it since it reminded me of an issue with Stowe corner in previous games that eventually got patched

I had the same issues on ps4 regarding corner cutting, in Montreal specifically, turn 4 completely cut the grass for the chicane, turn 8/9 skipped the long chicane and drove through the pavement on a straight diagonal, and the final chicane I jumped the corner, never a warning in regular, with strict, I only got a warning a 8/9

I have found a few other spots, the game seems to prefer certain areas, I am not sure why, you can completely cheat turn 1 in Austria, but turn 3 they will get you every time, either mode.

Edited by notsure66