Jump to content Jump to content

Legend drivers as avatars...

11 hours ago, Sadler said:

Very disappointed having purchased the deluxe edition to find out that Schumacher, Senna etc are not available as avatars to use in driver career mode. Senna, Prost, Schumacher etc were all available in previous versions of the game. Could this be patched in Codemasters, if you don't play my team mode then the deluxe version was a pointless purchase.

I am also disappointed because of that. My last hope is that it is possible to unlock the avatars, if they join the team in Myteam mode. But Codemasters should patch this and made all icon avatars available from start as in the previous games. I planned a coop season with a friend as Senna and Prost at McLaren. 

• Agree 3

To be fair that was announced as it is now, though.

The game has lost several features of future iterations, classic cars e.g., and some new features and modes have been added. Its clear that you cant make everyone happy with.

Ok, they state that the icons are available for myteam, but the expectation that the avatars will be also available was not total wrong as this was the case in the previous games. It should be very low effort to patch this as the character models are already there. 

• Agree 1

Just as low effort as keeping the classic cars already available in the game, or just as low effort as to increase the number of save slots and not reduce it further. So many corners cut short with this game, it's kind of sad. Was hoping I could race as Schumi again, with Nico as backup, sadly that won't happen just because.

I agree with the general gist of the post being that it would have been preferable to be able to play as the Icon Avatars, even if they're not customisable (for example, Button can only have his helmet equipped)

However, in fairness to them, in previous years they did advertise that you could play as Senna, Prost and Schumacher. This year, they only advertised that you could play with them as your teammate so they did actually imply that you couldn't be them, even if it can be easy to misinterpret. 

15 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

This is true.

But WHY are they only available to hire as teammates? You could drive as them in previous games, why not in this? Can't be laziness because the assets are in the game and adding new customization options to the menus should be pretty trivial. Imagine if Imola, Portimao and Jeddah were only available in time trial. "Well, we only advertised that they would be added into the game, tough luck". 

You're not wrong.  I completely agree they should be available avatars.  If you can have Casper, Devon and Aiden (and tbh, the three eSports guys as only one person in the world looks exactly like them and maybe a few thousand look similar enough to think 'close enough') then having actual drivers doesn't seem like a leap. 

I'd much prefer the avatar, commentary names and helmets to be available. I don't care too much about unique overalls/gloves and all that so they don't even have to go as far as last two years! 

I'll always agree with this. Considering you cant even hire them to your team until season 2 and the AI can't hire them I was expecting to be able to use their avatars and helmets like in previous games. Was hoping to bring Michael to Ferrari and Nico to Merc in driver career.

So yes, Codies. Please make this happen. It really wouldn't be that difficult to implement since the assets are already there and it'll make a lot of players very happy.

• Agree 3

Highly doubtful it's licensing. Schumacher, Senna and Prost have all been available before. Models are already present so theres no reason they cant be used by the player.

9 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

Was never advertised as such, was always advertised as being team mates for MyTeam.

We know, but it's disappointing when getting the game we can't use them.

I'd like Codemasters to add them via a patch if possible?...

• Agree 1
On 7/14/2021 at 7:01 PM, Sadler said:

We know, but it's disappointing when getting the game we can't use them.

I'd like Codemasters to add them via a patch if possible?...

Yep, this is my feelings about this. With them being present in previous games theres a certain assumption that would have been the case with the icons since they're there in game.

Calling for them to be added. Its disappointing enough we cant hire them at the start of My Team. Being able to use them as our avatars would mitigate that somewhat. 

So please, CM, allow us to use their avatars, helmets and audio names for our driver.

It does feel like one of those posts that you'll have to keep responding to posts periodically in order so that it doesn't fall down into the abyss of page 2 and beyond where nobody looks.  That's the only way they'll notice it consistently. 

I get that it wasn't advertised that way and that's fine but it doesn't necessarily mean it cannot be that way.   It's possible there is a genuine reason for it but i'm not sure what that would be currently.   It may just be something they didn't anticipate would be as popularly requested a feature as it has been and therefore didn't include it.

Little changes like this aren't things that things they traditionally look at implementing and they get put off for the following year but, in honesty, i'm hoping the customisation is radically overhauled next year with more names, faces and styles. So here's to them putting it in this years one instead. 

5 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Codemasters removed Schumacher as commentator name in german version.

And in the British one too.  More bizarre as there is an actual Schumi on the grid. Two, if you have him as your teammate.  Maybe having three if the player is masquerading as Ralf/David is the straw that broke the camels back. 🙄

12 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Codemasters removed Schumacher as commentator name in german version.

Codemasters hat echt den Helm brennen, wenn ich schon wieder sehe was fehlt und was für bugs das Spiel hat ist echt krass, habe es seit Dienstag und ärgere mich schon etwas.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 8:02 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

It does feel like one of those posts that you'll have to keep responding to posts periodically in order so that it doesn't fall down into the abyss of page 2 and beyond where nobody looks.  That's the only way they'll notice it consistently. 

I get that it wasn't advertised that way and that's fine but it doesn't necessarily mean it cannot be that way.   It's possible there is a genuine reason for it but i'm not sure what that would be currently.   It may just be something they didn't anticipate would be as popularly requested a feature as it has been and therefore didn't include it.

Little changes like this aren't things that things they traditionally look at implementing and they get put off for the following year but, in honesty, i'm hoping the customisation is radically overhauled next year with more names, faces and styles. So here's to them putting it in this years one instead. 

Just quoting this because you're right. Hoping to keep this on the front page to see it added!

I remain hopeful, as mad as it may be!

So I'll add again:

Codies, please allow us to use the icons faces, helmets and audio names for our own driver. Would be nice to be able to try a Senna/Prost team for My Team or play as Nico and return to Mercedes in driver career.

• Agree 1