Jump to content Jump to content

Legend drivers as avatars...

13 hours ago, KAI1989215 said:

To play as Senna with Prost as Team mate in Myteam would be awesome! 

Please CM, unlock the icons for using as avatar! 

I want to play with Massa avatar and Senna team mate or Rosberg

I guess the fact it only impacts Deluxe players will mean that it won't be seen as too much of a priority, unfortunately. 

Like, I imagine everything is already in the game such as the Commentary Name for when they're your teammate and obviously the face model is.   Guess we're stuck with just able to be Carlos Sainz instead. 😞

9 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I guess the fact it only impacts Deluxe players will mean that it won't be seen as too much of a priority, unfortunately. 

They are still going to hope to sell deluxe back DLC to owners of the standard edition throughout the game's life cycle though, so if someone thought a change would help this sell better this might make this more likely to happen? On the other hand the details of the current licence to use these drivers may be very specifically worded to only cover what is currently in the game. I have no idea either way.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

They are still going to hope to sell deluxe back DLC to owners of the standard edition throughout the game's life cycle though, so if someone thought a change would help this sell better this might make this more likely to happen? On the other hand the details of the current licence to use these drivers may be very specifically worded to only cover what is currently in the game. I have no idea either way.

Licenses are a poop sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something like that as just because they were allowed to use them for player-models in previous iterations, doesn't mean they are automatically allowed now. 

I did expect that in a few months you'd have an option to upgrade the game for a certain fee but not everyone would take that up. Then CM would have to provide functionality to some players and restrict it to others and that may be seen as alot of unnecessary effort for them. 

1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I did expect that in a few months you'd have an option to upgrade the game for a certain fee but not everyone would take that up.

Are you talking about buying the Deluxe DLC there? If so it's been available to buy from launch day. You may have been talking about adding the functionality to use the iconic driver avatars etc more widely than now?

Honestly at this point it would just be nice to get some insight from CM themselves. Is it being considered? 

Its clearly something a decent amount of players are interested in so it would be nice to get some feedback on whether it's being looked at.

Judging from other comments, the avatars, helmets and audio names being included would get some more sales on the deluxe upgrade.

16 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

Honestly at this point it would just be nice to get some insight from CM themselves. Is it being considered? 

Its clearly something a decent amount of players are interested in so it would be nice to get some feedback on whether it's being looked at.

Judging from other comments, the avatars, helmets and audio names being included would get some more sales on the deluxe upgrade.

It is a little thing you'd like to see on more suggestions. Just a little tag that says "Under consideration for this years / To be reviewed for future iterations / To be discussed / Not viable". You know, just so you can see what things are looked at and what isn't on the agenda.   Like sometimes, you see the same suggestion posts (for tracks, drivers, transfers, etc) in about 10-12 different forum posts and it's just everyone shrugging their shoulders saying they don't know and it'd just be helpful to know so you can be told / tell them that it is or isn't under consideration... or has even been noticed. Although with the sheer quantity of some of the repetitive posts, they're hard to miss!

Circling back to the point, it does seem one of the more popular requests that shouldn't be too hard to implement, you'd think?    I imagine it wouldn't have a sensational impact on Deluxe sales but if it even makes a few thousand make the leap of spending that little bit extra, it would probably be worth including it. 

On 7/30/2021 at 10:23 AM, SmokyAtom07 said:

It is a little thing you'd like to see on more suggestions. Just a little tag that says "Under consideration for this years / To be reviewed for future iterations / To be discussed / Not viable". You know, just so you can see what things are looked at and what isn't on the agenda.   Like sometimes, you see the same suggestion posts (for tracks, drivers, transfers, etc) in about 10-12 different forum posts and it's just everyone shrugging their shoulders saying they don't know and it'd just be helpful to know so you can be told / tell them that it is or isn't under consideration... or has even been noticed. Although with the sheer quantity of some of the repetitive posts, they're hard to miss!

Circling back to the point, it does seem one of the more popular requests that shouldn't be too hard to implement, you'd think?    I imagine it wouldn't have a sensational impact on Deluxe sales but if it even makes a few thousand make the leap of spending that little bit extra, it would probably be worth including it. 

Exactly this. I get that things like bug fixes and driver/car performance updates are a bigger priority but it would be nice to know if it's even been acknowledged, let alone worked on.

It shouldn't be hard for them to do. Everything they need is there, just needs to be accessible by the player. 

But yes, it would just be nice to get some feedback about this from the devs and whether it's something theyll do. I don't really want to tag any in a post just yet but sometimes it feels like it would be the only way to get a response.

A good amount of players would love to see this added. 

I buy the game from the very first one, it doesn't understand such an easy thing not to be implemented, I'm quite disappointed I still hope Codemasters does a patch to reset this otherwise it will be the last time I buy the game.
4 minutes ago, lufilma said:

I buy the game from the very first one, it doesn't understand such an easy thing not to be implemented, I'm quite disappointed I still hope Codemasters does a patch to reset this otherwise it will be the last time I buy the game.

Refusing to buy another game, after purchasing at minimum, 12 different games just because you can't have the ability to drive with David Coulthard's face is a passion for the games that I like to see, if potentially a minor overreaction.   If enough people had the same threat then maybe it'd carry weight but the lack of viable licensed alternative is a  strong bargaining chip they hold.

I guess it's more symptomatic of feeling like the playerbase aren't listened, nor adhered, to which is a more systemic issue.  

• Like 1

Sometimes overreactions are the way to get the attention though! 

It's not exactly a dealbreaker for many but I'm sure it would have had a negative impact on potential sales as many players, myself included, would have thought they'd be included as avatars as well only to be disappointed that they're not. Add in the fact we cant realistically hire them until season 2 and that the AI cant hire them at all feels like a waste not to at least include them as usable avatars for the players.

But yes, the lack of feedback on this is the most frustrating part.

@BarryBL I hate to be a nuisance, the last thing I want to do is to feel like I'm standing outside throwing pebbles at your window but is there any feedback on this? Are the devs aware that this is a fairly popular request and is it something that will be considered? 

• Agree 3

With the amount of new posts every day, it is increasingly likely that things like this will fall through the cracks.

There should be one overarching Pinned Post that has all the suggestions on them with links to the individual forum post. Might stop the same things being raised several times. 

So you could have one for 

Icon Avatars

Driver Transfers

New Tracks (this has one)

It's one of those changes that you would want inputting before starting your career save. So would be nice to know if it was being looked at. 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:20 PM, Cappachino78 said:

I guess its a license thing

Doubt it because they're already in the game, would say it's EA at work with laziness and just getting the game out to players. 

Edited by Sonic6L
17 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’m sorry, but I’ve had to change my position on this matter after the true horror that was David Coulthard winning a race. 

E7D54DBF-9A95-49E8-B794-1C39766A6B73.jpeg

FD3F892E-5259-40CB-90D7-38C6B5C51688.png

Was recently gifted World Tennis Tour 2 and had been trying to work out how you get a licensed Maria Sharapova so drastically wrong she turns out looking like a 40 a day teen mum from Hackney, but apparently I've been underestimating what is possible!

1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

Was recently gifted World Tennis Tour 2 and had been trying to work out how you get a licensed Maria Sharapova so drastically wrong she turns out looking like a 40 a day teen mum from Hackney, but apparently I've been underestimating what is possible!

He has two moods. Constant smiling and overly aggressive like he’s inviting you outside to ‘clear up the matter’. 
I’m much less nervous of him cracking his knuckles. 

AF9CC71C-1007-4F02-A367-04AEAD700172.jpeg

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’m sorry, but I’ve had to change my position on this matter after the true horror that was David Coulthard winning a race. 

E7D54DBF-9A95-49E8-B794-1C39766A6B73.jpeg

FD3F892E-5259-40CB-90D7-38C6B5C51688.png

I mean, this is just amazing. It just makes me want the avatars more. I'd be far more inspired to win every race to see this!

Mix his face with this celebration and I'll never lose another race again.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, massa88 said:

@BarryBL any option for this,or we stuck with what we have?

It is currently not on our agenda. I suspect the major issue will be with using individual's likeness for players not being part of the agreements with the individuals. Would be weird as well if you have Legends enabled and then to race as them. The Spiderman meme springs to mind here, would be really odd. 

spiderman-meme.jpg

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

It is currently not on our agenda. I suspect the major issue will be with using individual's likeness for players not being part of the agreements with the individuals. Would be weird as well if you have Legends enabled and then to race as them. The Spiderman meme springs to mind here, would be really odd. 

Sure, would be weird if we create Schumacher and sign him then for the team. But e. g. in F1 2020 it was not mandatory to use his name if you use his avatar. I guess it should be a player's choice. 

Regarding the agreement I doubt that it's the same with all individuals as Schumacher was available before. 

We really enjoy to race as legends/real drivers instead of Butler or Akkerman... I got goosebumps when I saw the grid with Michael and his son in my team in F1 2020!!! 🙂

• Agree 1