Jump to content Jump to content

Legend drivers as avatars...

28 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

It is currently not on our agenda. I suspect the major issue will be with using individual's likeness for players not being part of the agreements with the individuals. Would be weird as well if you have Legends enabled and then to race as them. The Spiderman meme springs to mind here, would be really odd. 

spiderman-meme.jpg

Thank you for responding.

That would be player choice though. I mean, I know if I personally were playing as Jenson i wouldn't also hire him as a teammate and since the AI cant recruit them theres no chance of that happening. Plus, many would love to play as these in driver career like playing as Michael at Ferrari or Nico at Mercedes.

All I and many others are requesting is for this to be included on the list of things being looked at for being added in and if it's 100% a no, then at least we'll have closure on the topic even if it's not what we would want to hear.

Obviously, if Jenson, Nico etc. refused then fair enough.

Edited by Wynterdust
  • Agree 3
7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

It is currently not on our agenda. I suspect the major issue will be with using individual's likeness for players not being part of the agreements with the individuals. Would be weird as well if you have Legends enabled and then to race as them. The Spiderman meme springs to mind here, would be really odd. 

spiderman-meme.jpg

It would be weird, but the Players could choose by thereself, if they sign the same Legend as second driver which they use as avatar. The possibility to build up a Team as Senna with Prost would be awesome. 

If it is not included in the agreements for 2021 than it should be considered for 2022. If it is not clear, CM should check the agreements and add the option to use the Legends as avatars where possible. As Senna and Prost were available 2019 and Schumacher was available 2020, it should be possible to add them if the agreements are still in place. 

That the Legends are not available as avatars is a step back and disappointing for the buyers of the special edition. 

• Agree 2

The whole legends part of it has been abit underwhelming as you can't be them, and you can only utilise one at a time so the others just sit on the shelf. Something to make better use of them would be so appreciated. 

If we can't be them, then having the option to control Driver Transfers and making them available for other team would be desirable because as long as you can control who goes where and when then it'd a really useful idea to actually make use of having them in there.  Otherwise, with their high stats and acclaim, they'll probably just gravitate to Mercedes all the time and that would be less interesting.  

Bound to say there'll be an issue with licensing though if you have Senna cruising around in a Ferrari 🙄

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

The whole legends part of it has been abit underwhelming as you can't be them, and you can only utilise one at a time so the others just sit on the shelf. Something to make better use of them would be so appreciated. 

If we can't be them, then having the option to control Driver Transfers and making them available for other team would be desirable because as long as you can control who goes where and when then it'd a really useful idea to actually make use of having them in there.  Otherwise, with their high stats and acclaim, they'll probably just gravitate to Mercedes all the time and that would be less interesting.  

Bound to say there'll be an issue with licensing though if you have Senna cruising around in a Ferrari 🙄

Yeah, I was concerned when they announced only the player could hire them and then only got worse realizing you cant hire them for season one. If the AI couldn't hire them then the acclaim levels for them were pointless and only serve to stop the player hiring them straight away. 

Then finding out we cant even play as them in a way has made a potentially fantastic addition less than satisfactory.

As far as licensing like Senna at Ferrari, it wouldn't be any more if an issue as Hamilton going to Ferrari which is possible in game.

100% with you on being able to manually change every team lineup between seasons, as an option of course. Could also give us control on drivers retiring so we can actually have a chance of having Alonso/Vettel/Kimi on our teams.

2 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

Yeah, I was concerned when they announced only the player could hire them and then only got worse realizing you cant hire them for season one. If the AI couldn't hire them then the acclaim levels for them were pointless and only serve to stop the player hiring them straight away. 

Then finding out we cant even play as them in a way has made a potentially fantastic addition less than satisfactory.

As far as licensing like Senna at Ferrari, it wouldn't be any more if an issue as Hamilton going to Ferrari which is possible in game.

100% with you on being able to manually change every team lineup between seasons, as an option of course. Could also give us control on drivers retiring so we can actually have a chance of having Alonso/Vettel/Kimi on our teams.

I'm exactly the same.  There was quite a bit of promotional material on things like Real Season Start and Icon Drivers that have turned out to be quite anti-climactic.  I can understand they had a different interpretation of Real Season Start in that I thought it'd be a Championships kinda mode and they envisaged a career mode so that's just conflicting ideas.   Icon drivers, however.. that seems like a slam dunk opportunity to make the most of utilising the icons while you can and it's turned out more along the lines of unfulfilled potential than different concept.   They started down the path of using them and then stopped waaaaaayyy short of what was possible. 

Retirements do need some work as you cannot have the likes of Kimi before mid-season at best and there's no point doing a Race to Raikkonen if you can only use him for half a season anyway. Even if they had a "Hey boss, i'm thinking about retiring. Would you be okay with this, or one more season?" interaction just so there's some form of continuing their presence. 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm exactly the same.  There was quite a bit of promotional material on things like Real Season Start and Icon Drivers that have turned out to be quite anti-climactic.  I can understand they had a different interpretation of Real Season Start in that I thought it'd be a Championships kinda mode and they envisaged a career mode so that's just conflicting ideas.   Icon drivers, however.. that seems like a slam dunk opportunity to make the most of utilising the icons while you can and it's turned out more along the lines of unfulfilled potential than different concept.   They started down the path of using them and then stopped waaaaaayyy short of what was possible. 

Retirements do need some work as you cannot have the likes of Kimi before mid-season at best and there's no point doing a Race to Raikkonen if you can only use him for half a season anyway. Even if they had a "Hey boss, i'm thinking about retiring. Would you be okay with this, or one more season?" interaction just so there's some form of continuing their presence. 

Yeah the real season start baffles me. I was sure it would be with real drivers so when they mentioned it would turn into a regular career mode after I thought they'd surprise us with letting us use real drivers in career! Was a little disappointing to say the least!

Yeah that's my feelings exactly. Introducing a great feature but it feels like it's been a bit half baked rather than fully cooked! Which is why I won't stop mentioning this topic until its with the devs 😆

Yeah definitely on retirements there needs to be some level of control. Kimi, Seb and Fernando are amongst the most popular drivers so its frustrating for their fans that they keep retiring early on. Just a little option for retirements in between seasons or something would be great. So you can have them off then decide for season 5 to turn them on again so at least you get a few seasons with them. That or allow us to set our starting cash and then buyout their contracts at the start of season one if we wish.

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

Yeah the real season start baffles me. I was sure it would be with real drivers so when they mentioned it would turn into a regular career mode after I thought they'd surprise us with letting us use real drivers in career! Was a little disappointing to say the least!

Yeah that's my feelings exactly. Introducing a great feature but it feels like it's been a bit half baked rather than fully cooked! Which is why I won't stop mentioning this topic until its with the devs 😆

Yeah definitely on retirements there needs to be some level of control. Kimi, Seb and Fernando are amongst the most popular drivers so its frustrating for their fans that they keep retiring early on. Just a little option for retirements in between seasons or something would be great. So you can have them off then decide for season 5 to turn them on again so at least you get a few seasons with them. That or allow us to set our starting cash and then buyout their contracts at the start of season one if we wish.

I always hold out hope that something will change, or things were done for some indiscernible reason!  For example, I cling onto the vague hope that Championships mode will come along when the new tracks do so it can be called the 2021 Formula One World Championship Tm  and the only reason it wasn't in at the start was because they couldn't call it the season without them three but I know that's probably a fools hope. 

Eventually they'll have no choice but to include it because it's the only way they'll get you to stop!  Perseverance is key! 😂

I grew up with Seb, Kimi and Alonso so it'd be nice to be able to bring them back to their former glory for one (or two) last hurrah(s) but in the end I have to put up with Lando, Gasly and Ocon who, while all fine young racers who I quite like and have nothing against, I don't have the same emotional attachment to.   There's an odd irony to Alonso where, if he didn't come back this year then there's a chance someone like him would have been in the Icons pack and you would have got the full 9ish (because you can't have them from the start 🙄) years out of him, so he's being punished for his real life longevity! 

On 8/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, BarryBL said:

Why the helmets of the iconic drivers have blank white rear spoilers?

On 8/16/2021 at 2:16 PM, SmokyAtom07 said:

I always hold out hope that something will change, or things were done for some indiscernible reason!  For example, I cling onto the vague hope that Championships mode will come along when the new tracks do so it can be called the 2021 Formula One World Championship Tm  and the only reason it wasn't in at the start was because they couldn't call it the season without them three but I know that's probably a fools hope. 

Eventually they'll have no choice but to include it because it's the only way they'll get you to stop!  Perseverance is key! 😂

I grew up with Seb, Kimi and Alonso so it'd be nice to be able to bring them back to their former glory for one (or two) last hurrah(s) but in the end I have to put up with Lando, Gasly and Ocon who, while all fine young racers who I quite like and have nothing against, I don't have the same emotional attachment to.   There's an odd irony to Alonso where, if he didn't come back this year then there's a chance someone like him would have been in the Icons pack and you would have got the full 9ish (because you can't have them from the start 🙄) years out of him, so he's being punished for his real life longevity! 

Yeah I do wonder how itll work when the new tracks come out. Will we be able to use them for season one or will they be like China and only usable from season 2. Hopefully theyll add the mode back!

Definitely! Until theres a definitive answer I'll keep bringing these avatars up😆 My Rosberg at Mercedes career is still waiting! 

It could be a new thing they could start doing as dlc with adding former drivers as avatars to play and as AI for the career modes. Love to see Hulk back or to hire Hakkinen or something or play as him finally returning from his sabbatical to McLaren. Theres so much they could do with icon drivers. It's a shame how limited they currently are. So again, Codies, please add the icons as avatars!

Yeah I'm fairly certain him, Kimi, Seb and Lewis have a good chance of being in game after retiring as icons! I'm the same as you, I'd rather have an unrealistic season 10 lineup that includes Alonso, Kimi, Seb, Jenson, Nico and Lewis than some F2 no names that will never make it to F1. Perhaps they could just give us an option between seasons to manually change each teams lineups and give each driver a "Retire" checkbox or something so if we want, let's say, Stroll to retire after season 2 we just press the option to have him retire. Bonus if theres an option to modify stats between seasons. Ricciardo for example, season 1 have him with 86 pace so hes behind Norris and then bump him to 92 if you think he should have a strong season 2!

• Agree 1

Well in the second image the back of the helmet does look rather naff 🙂. The first image doesn't look obviously bad in this regard to me in your particular photo. It was probably more obviously worse in the full cutscene for you though.

Edited by Ultra3142
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

I can't be the only one who finds this distracting AF

nwCL1T0.png

what is Schumacher called by Jeff at the radio?
I ask only because Rosberg is called Alain, and think that this may affect all icons.

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Well in the second image the back of the helmet does look rather naff 🙂. The first image doesn't look obviously bad in this regard to me in your particular photo. It was probably more obviously worse in the full cutscene for you though.

The helmet in the first screenshot is flat-out wrong and unfinished, just like it was last year. Both are paid DLC btw. 

And it's not my cutscene, it's a screenshot from Dave Gaming's video. I haven't bought the game yet precisely because of pure WDGAF laziness like this. 

3 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

The helmet in the first screenshot is flat-out wrong and unfinished, just like it was last year. Both are paid DLC btw. 

And it's not my cutscene, it's a screenshot from Dave Gaming's video. I haven't bought the game yet precisely because of pure WDGAF laziness like this. 

I on the other hand wouldn't actually be too distressed if all cut-scenes were removed from the game. What I really care about is the actual gameplay.

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I on the other hand wouldn't actually be too distressed if all cut-scenes were removed from the game. What I really care about is the actual gameplay.

I wouldn't care if online and time trial were removed from the game. What I really care about is racing against the AI in single races, career and My Team. 

52 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

I wouldn't care if online and time trial were removed from the game. What I really care about is racing against the AI in single races, career and My Team. 

I'm most interested in racing AI as well actually 🙂. I'm frankly not good enough to be competitive online, and multilayer is a mess currently anyway. I might play the collision free beginner online mode a bit if they sort it out but currently there is just far too much time wasted to actually get into a race even for that!

On 8/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, Sector4 said:

Nothing. Just forget it. 

Tj8kdtk.png

Not sure where you got that photo but tonight I realised why Hamilton's helmet hadn't bothered me in the game. Here's what it looks like for me, on PS5:

Edited by Ultra3142
13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Not sure where you got that photo but tonight I realised why Hamilton's helmet hadn't bothered me in the game. Here's what it looks like for me, on PS5:

I made it myself to demonstrate how stupid the helmets of the iconic drivers look with that blank white piece glued to the back of them. They are simply unfinished. And there's no excuse when even modders can blend the rear spoiler with the rest of the design. Why can't a paid DLC made by the developer accomplish the same?

f1_2019_photo_20190726_221243-jpg.316994

Many players will say "meh, I don't notice anything, doesn't bother me at all, shut up" but then lose their minds when there's a sponsor sticker missing from McLaren's pit scooter. 

• Agree 2
1 minute ago, Sector4 said:

I made it myself

Err, you said you hadn't bought the game? Also note I asked about your Hamilton picture, not the first one.

I've not paid for the iconic drivers myself so I can't check what they look like for me.

17 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Err, you said you hadn't bought the game? Also note I asked about your Hamilton picture, not the first one.

I've not paid for the iconic drivers myself so I can't check what they look like for me.

I haven't bought the game. The Schumacher screenshot is from a Youtube video by Dave Gaming. The Hamilton photo is a real photo, only the white rear spoiler was added by me. 

Got it? Good. 

I can assure you they would look exactly the same for you too because it's not a glitch or a bug, it's a deliberate decision by Codemasters to leave them like that in the game.