Jump to content Jump to content

Legend drivers as avatars...

3 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

I haven't bought the game. The Schumacher screenshot is from a Youtube video by Dave Gaming. The Hamilton photo is a real photo, only the white rear spoiler was added by me. 

Got it? Good. 

I can assure you they would look exactly the same for you too because it's not a glitch or a bug, it's a deliberate decision by Codemasters to leave them like that in the game. 

I can't believe you just faked the picture! I genuinely thought you might have been not buying the game for a problem that didn't exist, which was why I bothered capturing and posting the video to try to help you out. Oh well, no harm done.

He is right.. it's very jarring especially on Schumacher and Rosberg's helmets.

It doesnt look as obvious on Button or Prost.

I'm assuming it's because your team sponsors show up on their helmets so its left blank for those.. I'd rather they coloured them correctly and didnt bother having sponsors appear on them though.

On another note: weekly request to add them as avatars for the player!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I'm assuming it's because your team sponsors show up on their helmets so its left blank for those.. I'd rather they coloured them correctly and didnt bother having sponsors appear on them though.

Ah, that makes sense. I suspect I'd feel the same.

Edited by Ultra3142
16 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

He is right.. it's very jarring especially on Schumacher and Rosberg's helmets.

It doesnt look as obvious on Button or Prost.

I don't think that's the reason since it's been a problem since F1 2019 and this is the first game where those fictional sponsors can appear on their helmets. 

And as you can see on the first Schumacher screenshot, the suit is full of the team's sponsors but his helmet has zero sponsors. 

Edited by Sector4
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Free mod on PC

f1_2021_photo_20210826_021030-jpg.499100

Paid DLC

F1-2021-Senna-Race-PIC.png

Even ignoring the odd-looking white part of the actual helmet; it looks awful in comparison to the modded one.  It may be the sponsors that make it look better but the DLC one just looks shiny and kinda cheap and tacky to me. 

Makes me kinda want to get a PC just for the improved customisation possibilities that look like they fit in the paddock. 

• Agree 1

The sponsors absolutely add to the finished product, without them they just seem incomplete. The only helmet that doesn't look off is Button's I think but still feels like something's missing. (Missing like icon avatars... 😆)

Wish mods were possible on console. I'd be replacing the Braking point and E Sport avatars with icons and Seb/Kimi/Fernando/Lewis for when they retire in game..

It would be great if Patch 1.10 would includes something of the suggestions in this thread. I understand and agree that bug fixes and the new handling physics have to be prioritize. 

But please Codies don't ignore our wishes regarding the Icons. Specially the avatar function should be enabled, if the license agreement allows it. We didn't hear the opposite so far and 2019 & 2020 includes 3 of the Icons as avatars. 

Edited by KAI1989215
On 8/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, BarryBL said:

It is currently not on our agenda. I suspect the major issue will be with using individual's likeness for players not being part of the agreements with the individuals. Would be weird as well if you have Legends enabled and then to race as them. The Spiderman meme springs to mind here, would be really odd. 

spiderman-meme.jpg

bkmfsmeizzm71.png

OH NO

• Haha 2

*Angrily shaking fist that they werent added in new patch*

So.. I guess back to weekly requests for these to be added. My uncanny valley Button at Brawn and Rosberg at Mercedes saves still need their faces and helmets!

I have started MyTeam with the uncanny Version of Senna 😅 Fortunately there is a helmet from start which fits very good with the right colours. Senna will push Porsche to the top of the grid 😁

But we all would prefer, if we not need to use look-alike Avatars instead of the existing Icon Avatars.