Jump to content Jump to content

PS4 corner cutting not registering in Solo Mode GP - certain areas

• A detailed description of the issue.

PS4 GP single player mode - standard - rules and setting are all remaining as the default settings with corner cutting on regular. I can cut corners and go completely off track and will not even get a warning. Turn 1 Austria I can cut all four wheels off track with no warning, in Montreal at the the chicane (vettel hamilton incident corner) I can completely cut through he grass with no warning or penalty, and same in Italy at the final zig zag corners, and basically anywhere, but those spots I have done it multiple times, not even a warning.

In ranked mode I had 1 race and the one time I did exceed track limits, the game registered it at the top for the safety ratings.

• Report Code

I have a different report code each time I start the game in the pause menu or game options menu but both times I paid attention to it the final 4 digits were MVKV

JSGX-MADJ-KGRI-MVKV

JKBS-PVDA-VGRI-MVKV

• Platform?

PS4

• Game-mode?

Solo - GP - F1 2021 - standard/custom settings for car, rules and regulations are definitely on and never changed from default settings, corner cutting regular 

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Turning system on and off 

Tried putting on the higher level of corner cutting stringency and tested Austria turn 3 and received a penalty, returned settings to regular and tried turn three and got a penalty. Maybe the game is just very lenient in certain areas

tested this again in Montreal with some odd results - on regular I got a corner cutting warning at turn 1 and the hairpin, however I drove through the grass at turn 4 no warning, then I cut the entire pavement runoff at turn 8/9 no warning, and I also cut the pavement at 13/14 with no warning, but the second time I did this, I got a time saving penalty on 13/14 only

I repeated this on strict corner cutting and got a warning at 8/9, but no warnings going all 4 wheels throughout he grass at turn 4, and cutting the pavement/chicane wide left at 13/14

It appears certain areas can give me a warning but blatant disregard for even attempting corners in some spots is allowed, and I am not just going slightly off at these corners, I am cutting the entire track.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

NA

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible

I go to a race and cut corners like a maniac, and do not even receive as much as a warning let alone a penalty

Austria turn 1 - go all 4 wheel wide of the kerb

Montreal - turn 4 - cut through the grass and skip the final corner of the chicane

Montreal - turn 8/9 - do not bother turning right at 8, skip 9 and drive through the pavement runoff area and cut the entire corner by going metres off track

Montreal 13/14 - cut the entire chicane all 4 tyres off, going behind the kerbs

Edited by notsure66
Additional info
13 minutes ago, notsure66 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.

PS4 GP single player mode - standard - rules and setting are all remaining as the default settings with corner cutting on regular. I can cut corners and go completely off track and will not even get a warning. Turn 1 Austria I can cut all four wheels off track with no warning, in Montreal at the the chicane (vettel hamilton incident corner) I can completely cut through he grass with no warning or penalty, and same in Italy at the final zig zag corners, and basically anywhere, but those spots I have done it multiple times, not even a warning.

In ranked mode I had 1 race and the one time I did exceed track limits, the game registered it at the top for the safety ratings.

• Report Code

I have a different report code each time I start the game in the pause menu or game options menu but both times I paid attended to it the final 4 digits were MVKV

• Platform?

PS$

• Game-mode?

Solo - GP - F! 2021 - standard/custom settings for car, rules and regulations are definitely on and never changed from default settings, corner cutting regular 

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

Turning system on and off

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

NA

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible

I go to a race and cut corners like a maniac, and do not even receive as much as a warning let alone a penalty

Here is one of your codes from your other thread

JSGX-MADJ-KGRI-MVKV

• notsure66 changed the title to PS4 corner cutting not registering in Solo Mode GP - certain areas