Jump to content Jump to content

G29 or t300rs

Pillathh

Never tried myself. But I've looked at the reviews on websites and made my mind about them.

I don't like the T500 because of the shifters not attached to the Wheel and the T300's pedals seems to be low quality and the Wheel is rubber made. I like the feeling of the leather on G27's Wheel and the pedals are higher quality.
T300 for sure. I used to own a G27 and I loved it, but now that I've upgraded, it seriously is like a new world. The T300 is insanely good. If you want a budget wheel, have a look at the Thrustmaster T150 which was announced today and will be comparable with a G27/G29 for a fraction of the cost. 
Bobino12 said:
Never tried myself. But I've looked at the reviews on websites and made my mind about them.

I don't like the T500 because of the shifters not attached to the Wheel and the T300's pedals seems to be low quality and the Wheel is rubber made. I like the feeling of the leather on G27's Wheel and the pedals are higher quality.

Bobino12 said:

I don't like the T500 because of the shifters not attached to the Wheel and the T300's pedals seems to be low quality and the Wheel is rubber made. I like the feeling of the leather on G27's Wheel and the pe
dals are hdigher quality.
Hi,
i cannot speak for the G29, but i bought the G27, Driving Force GT and the T300 Gte Ferrari Wheel which is the same as the T300RS.
In my opinion the Thrustmaster is way more better than the Logitech G27. The Driving Force GT was broken because of the adjustement of the middle positioning so I had to decide between the other two wheels. The rubber of the T300 is really good handled and feels valuable. The pedals are not bad, i am happy with them and would never use a clutch. If you want better pedals you could buy the T3PA or the T3PA-Pro, then you have the perfect Wheel imo. The Force Feedback is very accurate and feels great. But one big advantage for me was the key layout. With the G27 i have no D-Pad to navigate through the menu or could select something in the quick menu in a race, especially at F1 Games. Ok, admitted this has been improved at the G29.

I am very happy happy with the Thrustmaster, but as I said before i cant speak for the G29
I went for the G29 due to the many complaints about the build quality of the T300 , it seems like pot luck whether it last a couple of months or fails out of the box. Also the pedals are apparently very poor quality which means spending another £100 pounds or so. That being said reading the forums the T300 seems to be the better wheel when it works. Personally I don't think F2015 is optimized for either wheel and if its the only racing game you have stick with a pad.
I love my G29 with project cars, however with this game it's completely useless. The steering is way too light and the brake is basically on and off.

It needs a patch desperately. I come here most days looking for one ( because I'd actually like to be able to play this game ) but I'm not seeing it.
Borez said:
I love my G29 with project cars, however with this game it's completely useless. The steering is way too light and the brake is basically on and off.

It needs a patch desperately. I come here most days looking for one ( because I'd actually like to be able to play this game ) but I'm not seeing it.
I have lost count of the number of times I have reminded CM that they have and always have had a problem in general when it comes to the Controller Interface with F1 2015, but it just keeps falling on deaf ears. Since and including Patch 20/07/15, they have been adding more issues than they solve. I don't recall how many times I have asked them to fix my G27 problem they gave in that patch.

@Lozzy @Dnote, please note (again)
hobbsy777 said:
Borez said:

I have lost count of the number of times I have reminded CM that they have and always have had a problem in general when it comes to the Controller Interface with F1 2015, but it just keeps falling on deaf ears. Since and including Patch 20/07/15, they have been adding more issues than they solve. I don't recall how many times I have asked them to fix my G27 problem they gave in that patch.

@Lozzy @Dnote, please note (again)
I mean I'm not a coder, but seriously it can't be that much work to just to code some FFB resistance into the G29 and fix the brake pedal so it not just digital on and off. Anyone from Codemaster like to give me a decent explanation as to why this hasn't happened yet?
do not get the g29, logitech are a bunch of greedy assholes, at least with thrustmaster you can expect for the wheel to be compatible with the next generation of consoles (after ps4/xbox one)
The G27 wasn't really made for consoles, I believe that is why Logitech produced the G29 which has its buttons set up like a console controller. I am on PC and my G27 has performed flawlessly until F12015 came along. I imagine that compatibility with future console generations would only require a software change. I can't see Logitech missing out on the console side of the market for the sake of a software update.
do not get the g29, logitech are a bunch of greedy assholes, at least with thrustmaster you can expect for the wheel to be compatible with the next generation of consoles (after ps4/xbox one)
If you complain every time a manufacturer updates a product and phases out another then you must do an awful lot of complaining in life.

+ ( aside from the reliability issues ) the t300 is a lot more expensive once you replace the stock pedal set.

If anyone is in search of a wheel I would suggest this in a heartbeat. Thrustmaster has just announced the T300 FERRARI INTEGRAL RACING WHEEL ALCANTARA EDITION. For $470 you get the T300 with the amazing new 12" Alcantara leather wheel rim and a set of T3PA pedals. It's an absolute steal, at just $70 more than the G29 or normal T300 bundle. Buying the items separately would cost $680, but they are charging just $470 for the bundle. http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/Пресса/t300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara-edition-thrustmaster-takes-pole-position-its-118
  • 3 months later...
 I have had the g29 for 3 months now and play a variety of racing games on it.  It has strong FFB, but I turn it down to 50% as it is all about delicacy of input and not a gym session. But if you like to fight the wheel then I'm sure it will provide a good fight. 
It has been totally reliable :) and accurate. I love the leather and it feels lovley to hold. The pedals are awesome and the brake pedal  feel is nice as it has now improved with added realising resistance to it. 
Logitec upgraded the encoder from a metal 30/60 hole sensor in the g27 to a magnetic hall sensor so that is good for increased steering accuracy.
its really smoth to turn the wheel.
 the benifit of helical drive over belt drive is the longer reliability as belts wear out and slippage can also occur. Instantaneous torque to the wheel is more immediate and sharp as power is transferred  quicker through a helical gears. The motor is super reliable and has stood the test of time as the g27 user will know. 

I did did not buy the t300 because it was unreliable story's and the pedals are really bad. I didn't want to spend extra £150 on pedals. My whole g29 wheel and gear stick cost me £200 which I can scarcely believe
omerahmed said:
 I have had the g29 for 3 months now and play a variety of racing games on it.  It has strong FFB, but I turn it down to 50% as it is all about delicacy of input and not a gym session. But if you like to fight the wheel then I'm sure it will provide a good fight. 
It has been totally reliable :) and accurate. I love the leather and it feels lovley to hold. The pedals are awesome and the brake pedal  feel is nice as it has now improved with added realising resistance to it. 
Logitec upgraded the encoder from a metal 30/60 hole sensor in the g27 to a magnetic hall sensor so that is good for increased steering accuracy.
its really smoth to turn the wheel.
 the benifit of helical drive over belt drive is the longer reliability as belts wear out and slippage can also occur. Instantaneous torque to the wheel is more immediate and sharp as power is transferred  quicker through a helical gears. The motor is super reliable and has stood the test of time as the g27 user will know. 

I did did not buy the t300 because it was unreliable story's and the pedals are really bad. I didn't want to spend extra £150 on pedals. My whole g29 wheel and gear stick cost me £200 which I can scarcely believe
I am a long time Logitech (presently G27) user and absolutely love it, but to be fair I don't think that F1 2015, a game notorious (in its short life) for a less than stellar controller interface and FFB simulation is a very good test base.
Hi, i bought the T300 with F1 rim and applied the cheap pedal mod with rubber pads and can say it was worth every penny. Force feedback is awesome and the freeze bug is no longer there after patch  and sony update in November.
Chilza381 said:
If anyone is in search of a wheel I would suggest this in a heartbeat. Thrustmaster has just announced the T300 FERRARI INTEGRAL RACING WHEEL ALCANTARA EDITION. For $470 you get the T300 with the amazing new 12" Alcantara leather wheel rim and a set of T3PA pedals. It's an absolute steal, at just $70 more than the G29 or normal T300 bundle. Buying the items separately would cost $680, but they are charging just $470 for the bundle. http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/Пресса/t300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara-edition-thrustmaster-takes-pole-position-its-118
do you work for thrustmaster?.... :/

Archived