Jump to content Jump to content

Ego Dumper Crash during the Race - PC

Hey everyone,

In the middle of a race my game crashed with the message 'Ego Dumper Crash'. I have attached one of the crashes below and the DxDiag file.
This has happened 4 times in the meantime. 
I assumed that I had fixed the problem after deactivating the Raytracing (for once I was able to do a 50% race without crashing), but the problems continued to occur.

Platform: PC 
Game-mode: MyTeam (but it happend in every mode before)

I really hope you can fix my problem.

DxDiag.txt egodumper.log

• Agree 1
  • Codemasters Staff

HI @Typpy - please could you also attach the crash dump file and the hardware settings files? These should be located in the following locations:

• C:\Users\philo\AppData\Local\Temp\794563-20210712-215141.dmp.
  • C:\Users\philo\AppData\Local\Temp\hardware_settings_config.xml

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Hoo said:

HI @Typpy - please could you also attach the crash dump file and the hardware settings files? These should be located in the following locations:

• C:\Users\philo\AppData\Local\Temp\794563-20210712-215141.dmp.
  • C:\Users\philo\AppData\Local\Temp\hardware_settings_config.xml

Thanks.

Good evening,

I hope these are the files you need. Unfortunately they were not in the place you mentioned, however I was still able to find them. 🙂

hardware_settings_config.xml hardware_settings_info.xml 794563-20210712-215141.dmp

@Typpy I've also had this issue ingame. I'm not running an RTX card so I don't believe RayTracing is the issue... be interesting to see what is causing it because there is nothing more frustrating than getting 15/20laps in and the game crashing!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Good evening everyone,

Is there any new information about the EgoDumper crash? Unfortunately, my game still crashes even after the latest patch (game and graphics card).
I would appreciate an update on the problem.

Kind regards

• Codemasters Staff

HI @Typpy - would you be able to attach your latest crash dump files (as you did above) and we will check whether this is still the same issue that you were seeing before? Thanks.  

• Codemasters Staff

Hi @Typpy - the 3 crash dumps you have provided indicate a different issue to your original report. Are you able to confirm how often you encounter these sorts of crashes?

Hey Hoo,
the problem occurs again and again. I can't republish it specifically, because some days I have the chance to do 1-2 race weekends without problems and some days my game already crashes several times in practice. However, the problem occurs very often and it is quite frustrating. I've reached the point where I save the game every 5 laps because I'm afraid it might crash again.
Maybe it helps to say I only play MyTeams mode and it doesn't depend on which track I'm driving on. The game crashes on every track.

• 2 weeks later...