Jump to content Jump to content

Nvidia GTX980ti issues in Dirt Rally

del19

Just upgraded to a  gtx 980ti from a gtx 780.  I have tried everything today but I cannot access more than 8x AA in dirty rally.  I used to be able to use 16x with my old card.

All other options in the game are working.  I simply cannot use the arrows as they are greyed out only for the AA option.  I installed drivers 2 times and  deleted settings in the documents folder.  My only thing is to try to reinstall it yet.  I'm on windows 64bit with Asus  P6X58d, 12 gigs ram and i7980x cpu.

thanks.

Bad news mate; the 9xx series do not support any AA settings above 8xMSAA in DX11 games. I used to select the highest AA method in DiRT 3 (it was 8xQCSAA) with my 780Ti without any problems, but as soon as I upgraded to my 970 SLI setup, selecting this setting or anything else above 8xMSAA would cause the game to show a green screen at the loading screen, making the game unplayable. I am now using a TITAN X SLI setup which is also based on the 9xx series chip, thus giving the same issue. There's nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid. Bitter pill, to be fair.

Archived