Jump to content Jump to content

this game isn't worth playing as of right now

with the first 24h of this game being out, I am already a little underwhelmed. First I have to say I didn't play braking point yet, so I am not referring to that.

Lets start with calendar customization. Again there isn't really one. I thought in times like these, where the official calendar is object to changes all the time, it would make sense for us to create our own calendar. as many races as we want from idk, 8-25, in whatever frequency and sequence of the tracks as we please. Unfortunately we can still only decide between 10,16 and 20 races and neither the track frequency nor the track sequence can be customized as in Grand Prix mode. What the hell?

Now the car performance issue. Again, same story as last year. But when 2020 game released, it was somewhat justified by the late start of the season. Basically when the game came out, the season just started. that's not valid this year, it kicked off in march and we already saw 9 races. Still we have the car performances from last year. Maybe there is a day one patch coming on Friday to fix that ****, I haven't read around here.

Then we have the new tracks which won't be added until god knows. I know this is serious work for the team and all, but if it takes them another 4-5months, I am asking myself if it is even worth to play this game right now. I really don't hope the new tracks arrive when the real season is over.

Last thing I noticed, the tarmac on most tracks looks weird as hell. In Austria, where the tarmac is really bright in real life, its so dark in the game and just looks wrong. Was better in the 2020 game. In general, I don't know how to think about the graphics, I don't like the lighting, colours and contrasts in some situations when in others it looks improved to last year and yes I have tried HDR on and off, adjusted my screen too (PS5)

correct me if I made some language mistakes, I am german 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

well, of course it matters. What else would you get excited about at this point except braking point and better car damage simulation. Everyone complained about the outdated car performances last year. if they are like last year and Hamilton wins every race, I can still play last years game because that's not what 2021 is like.

Tbh I prefer clean races so enhanced damage model is nice to have but that's it. Apart from that and updated team liveries I don't see much new in this game. we don't have the new tracks, my team is basically the same and I forgot to mention, the ratings are a joke again. Bottas 92, Ricciardo 91 😂 not saying its a bad game, I had fun with 2020, just that I am underwhelmed plus forums are there to talk about what could be better right? if everyone is just here to say how great the game is, that seems useless to me. Anyway, what is gamebreaking to you?

• Agree 3

I personally think the steering input and the physics in general have been a step up, and Im having fun learning to play with assists completely off.  The new tracks will come soon enough, and I just don't mind the tarmac on one track being darker or if I think one guy's rating should be higher or lower.  Those don't really affect how I enjoy the game. 

I just can't imagine the game being "not worth playing" because of tarmac colors on a track. Like, seriously? 

You can direct those feedback to the proper sub forums, and ppl might take you more seriously. 

Edited by whyyouQQ

I concur with the title being a heavy-hitter with a subtle implication of game-breaking bugs present that make it genuinely unplayable, for example

The description is;

• That you can't change race order which is something you've never been able to do anyway. If they'd included it and took it away, then maybe. But saying something is unplayable because it doesn't contain something that has never been there is surprising.
  • The performance patch isn't out yet which is coming before long anyway. This, again, is a common theme every year where it's usually after the original release.
  • The tracks is a viable concern, but again that is something that has been publicised as being later in the year. They've been very vocal that they won't be there until much later and if you still bought it now then you naturally shouldn't have expected them to be there so it's not overly relevant. 
  • The tarmac is a relevant point for improvement but i've never heard anyone say a whole game is unplayable due to the shade of tarmac on one particular track.

Maybe the title is just abit more forceful than it needs to be as your points themselves are relatively valid on things you'd like to see but not things that would imply the game has a lack of worthiness for any play at all. 

• Agree 2
21 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I concur with the title being a heavy-hitter with a subtle implication of game-breaking bugs present that make it genuinely unplayable, for example

The description is;

• That you can't change race order which is something you've never been able to do anyway. If they'd included it and took it away, then maybe. But saying something is unplayable because it doesn't contain something that has never been there is surprising.
  • The performance patch isn't out yet which is coming before long anyway. This, again, is a common theme every year where it's usually after the original release.
  • The tracks is a viable concern, but again that is something that has been publicised as being later in the year. They've been very vocal that they won't be there until much later and if you still bought it now then you naturally shouldn't have expected them to be there so it's not overly relevant. 
  • The tarmac is a relevant point for improvement but i've never heard anyone say a whole game is unplayable due to the shade of tarmac on one particular track.

Maybe the title is just abit more forceful than it needs to be as your points themselves are relatively valid on things you'd like to see but not things that would imply the game has a lack of worthiness for any play at all. 

What are you a lawyer? 😜

Edited by Bhawk67
2 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

What are you a lawyer? 😜

I did actually want to be a lawyer when I was younger, fresh-faced and full of dreams!   I did also want to be a pirate when I was even younger than that so I guess I've always just wanted to rob other people of their money for a living. 

I'll give it a go being a lawyer now but I wouldn't make me your first choice if you're on trial 😂

• Haha 2