Jump to content Jump to content

2021 cars quicker then 2020?

Why are the cars so much faster than last year when in real life they are a mile slower.... doesn’t make sense whatsoever feels really sloppy that this has been allowed to happen. 2019 was the best game last year was worse and again this year it seems unless a performance patch to slow all cars down comes out what’s the point? The cars are far slower through fast corners but feel much faster somehow on this game...... big update needed. 

• Disagree 2

This year’s cars in real life have a chunk of downforce removed due to the way the new floors are designed. Whilst this slows the cars down on fast/medium corners this also actually INCREASES speed on the straights. I’d say the game has got it spot on.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2
1 minute ago, AdamComer said:

This year’s cars in real life have a chunk of downforce removed due to the way the new floors are designed. Whilst this slows the cars down on fast/medium corners this also actually INCREASES speed on the straights. I’d say the game has got it spot on.

Mate I’m 1.1 seconds faster than the Austria 🇦🇹  pole time by Verstappen..... it’s all wrong..... I’m also 3.9 seconds faster than his time at Bahrain 🇧🇭 on a 25.0 so how’s that then bud? Every year these games get worse and worse and we stand for it 

• Agree 2

We’d need to have a look at what car your driving, what assists you are using and what mode you are in etc. It’s been the case for many years that it’s possible to beat the real life lap times by some margin simply due to the fact the track limits are far more lenient and we are much more able to fully commit in a video game.

• Disagree 1
Just now, AdamComer said:

We’d need to have a look at what car your driving, what assists you are using and what mode you are in etc. It’s been the case for many years that it’s possible to beat the real life lap times by some margin simply due to the fact the track limits are far more lenient and we are much more able to fully commit in a video game.

I only run abs on and line. It shouldn’t be that way though it’s an officially licensed game mario kart seems more realistic 😂. How can they think it’s okay to release a game that’s nearly 4 seconds in pace different to real life baffles belief   

• Confused 1

I would certainly be interested in seeing this lap of yours that’s 4 seconds faster than pole time. That would make it around a 1:24.9 which would easily put you in the top 0.1% on the current Bahrain time trial leaderboard. The top lap time at the moment is a 1:24.3

Edited by AdamComer

I’m more than happy to get a screenshot to prove this to you 🤷🏼‍♂️😂and the top time on PlayStation is a 24.1...... my time is a 25.0. Last game I was doing a 24.7 just seems this game is faster when it shouldn’t be the case 

Talking about realism but drives with ABS lol.

An F1 car would be faster with ABS bud. 

The times weren't accurate last year either, but does it really matter? The top teams gained back downforce losses after like the 3rd race, and the new tire is probably a factor in slower laptimes. Codemasters doesn't have access to any of that data I bet. 

Also, not as good with math as you bud, but 25 is .3 tenths slower than 24.7 from last year. So how are you faster? lol

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

If you look at this with a different perspective of view you will see why video game it's always faster then real life.

Now, almost every official game with a license like F1, MotoGP and ACC with the Blancpain license, if you look at YouTube and search for hotlaps you will find some similar thing, all of them it's faster than real life. But why? If you think about what happens in real life, and what circumstances we need to put at the table, it's looks pretty clear. 

On a video game it's really hard to emulate a real life condition, like the wind, the grip of the track and the most important thing, drivers need to go fast but at the same time care for his life.

Do you really think RedBull or Mercedes cant go faster on Bahrain for example? Do you realise how difficult it's to balance the car, to be fast in Qualy and at the race? If we can put the same conditions of video game on real life, i bet the time will be a lot closer. On a video game you can use and abuse things like ABS, lines etc.

This is a good thing of F1 and other series, you dont need to be a real drive to reach those times, look at you, doing a 25.0 in Bahrain, how many F1 cars did you drove in your life? 

Video game was made to have fun, the game it's not perfect i know, but being faster than real life isn't a problem at all.

Edited by ParadoxAMG53
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I am quite sure that problems with car speed / laptimes are due to the multi platform release, i imagine it must be incredibly hard to get the timing correct on all platforms released. That is no excuse though, i prefer my "official" F1 game as close to the real deal as it gets. Also, development of F1 cars is so incredibly fast during a season, that you hardly can reflect this in a game, if you do not patch it every month. I also understand Codemasters tends to make the game faster than IRL F1, just imagine the outcry if noone can come close to IRL laptimes in the game 😛

Cheating in trial aside, about 3 seconds off IRL times would still be feasable for me, 5 secs off or more i d not be happy with.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Disagree 1

Okay, so conclusion is: it is time trial, top time is 1:24.1, OP drives 1:25.0 and in last game OP drove 1:24.7. As someone already mentioned, by math 1:25.0 is slower time than 1:24.7, so don't see the issue. Or OP feels hurt that other top times found more speed than him in this game, probably since small change in handling model now suits them more then previous game. As for TT being faster than RL, always been the case, no issues there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Daniel990990990 said:

Mate I’m 1.1 seconds faster than the Austria 🇦🇹  pole time by Verstappen..... it’s all wrong..... I’m also 3.9 seconds faster than his time at Bahrain 🇧🇭 on a 25.0 so how’s that then bud? Every year these games get worse and worse and we stand for it 

You know its a video game right? 

20 hours ago, Daniel990990990 said:

Why are the cars so much faster than last year when in real life they are a mile slower.... doesn’t make sense whatsoever feels really sloppy that this has been allowed to happen. 2019 was the best game last year was worse and again this year it seems unless a performance patch to slow all cars down comes out what’s the point? The cars are far slower through fast corners but feel much faster somehow on this game...... big update needed. 

It almost as if the F1 cars ARE actually faster then last year. (I mean yuki was able to break the track record at Monaco if the graphics are to be believed)

• Disagree 1
On 7/14/2021 at 1:15 AM, Daniel990990990 said:

In real life they're about the same. Several fastest race laps in 2021 have beaten the previous 2020 record. To say they are far slower anywhere is incorrect.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
12 hours ago, Morg291 said:

In real life they're about the same. Several fastest race laps in 2021 have beaten the previous 2020 record. To say they are far slower anywhere is incorrect.

Read the whole post and you’ll realise that’s not true 🤡