Jump to content Jump to content

DRS when ahead of trailing car - PS4

• A detailed description of the issue.

On Multiple occasions (3-4) I have received DRS when I am ahead of a car by less than a second. On the most recent occasions I recall, I was behind the car and got DRS and passed the car in front, and in the next DRS section the trailing car I passed was usually within a second of me and I was given DRS for a second time in row, and to be clear there were no cars ahead of me within a few seconds let alone 1.

• Report Code

JSGX-MADJ-KGRI-MVKV

JKBS-PVDA-VGRI-MVKV

• Platform?

ps4

• Game-mode?

Braking Point and solo GP

Happened in the first 2 Braking Point races and I can recall one time in Austria in solo GP 

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

N/A

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

N/A

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

None

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

N/A

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

I pass a car in a DRS zone, then the next DRS zone if they are only trailing by less than a second I am getting DRS again, even though there are no cars ahead of me within a few seconds

Some DRS zones use the same detection point as the one beforehand so for example at Australia which is one of the first tracks you went to the track has 3 DRS zones but only 2 DRS detection points. So if you overtake the car in front 

Australian Grand Prix - F1 Race - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit | Formula 1®

For Austria that track has a detection zone within a DRS zone so maybe that is the cause for that one.

Austrian Grand Prix - F1 Race - Red Bull Ring - Spielberg | Formula 1® 

Don't have any possible reason though for you to have the issue at Abu Dhabi or China though. I would have suggested lapped down cars but you've said that there were no cars ahead of you. A video would probably be really useful.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, I was unaware of that for Australia, and Austria, could very well be the case,  it happened a couple of times so I figured it was an error.

I have not done China yet, It was Australia and Austria as you pointed out, I cannot say for certain it happnened in Abu Dhabi, as it was when racing Australia, I noticed this happened more then once.

Thanks again,

Edited by notsure66