Jump to content Jump to content

[MY TEAM] POST YOUR CARS

With the continuation of MyTeam this year let’s carry forwards the Post Your Car megathread! Looking forwards to seeing everyone’s fantastic designs this year, I’ll start!

Season 1: Following a successful buyout of Shark AC-Sport towards the end of 2020, BMW make a return to the sport.

Team Name: BMW Slingshot

Engine: Mercedes

Teammate: Jack Aitken

9C58E854-0E71-4184-9E69-8050D372A8C6.png

A6E66108-EF3D-4B84-8CF1-B71E5E699759.png

188C6873-55B2-4AB0-AF9D-7BDDC33B432B.png

Edited by AdamComer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • AdamComer changed the title to [MY TEAM] POST YOUR CARS

Drawing inspiration from Codemasters, Bwoah GP changed the '0' to a '1' on the FIA label inside of the tub & have rolled out the same MyTeam car that was run last year.

Admitting the race against time to launch a brand new car played a large part in his decision to rehash old content - the abrasive team boss did stop short of denying he'd run out of effs to give when quizzed by the assembled press before storming away muttering "something, something... by design and/or licensing".

With all that being said, Hopes for the team this coming season are riding high after confirmation (broken exclusively by none other than one of Will Buxton's many many wrist bands) that the team boss & no. 1 driver has successfully coaxed Ayrton back from the dead to join the team as no. 2 driver to help with development.

Rumors abound the polarizing three-time world champion will be joining his team boss to share driving duties across all 3 days of pre-season testing at Barcelona once he's had his 2nd dose of the covid vaccine.

More to come 😏

F1 2021 Screenshot 2021.07.14 - 12.57.42.03.png

F1 2021 Screenshot 2021.07.14 - 12.58.54.02.png

F1_2021_photo_20210714_130616.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you for sharing. Good idea to replicate this thread here, will add mine as soon as I am on the simracing PC again.

Must add though:

After getting used to the many liveries we had with last years game (of which maybe a handful was decent), I am having a very hard time to create anything that looks like an F1 car with the few liveries provided with the special edition of the game. Half of them cant be edited at all, and the ones left are quite underwhelming, design wise. Even when you unlock the first new ones from podium pass, that does not change (still the stripe design boredom from last years, cant see those any more, they look like painted by kindergarden kids).

I wish Codemasters payed Sean Bull a monthly salary to include some cracking fantasy liveries, which we could then color ourselves...

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 3

I'd definitely be down with some Sean Bull designs for liveries. The ones we have so far are better than most of 2020 still I believe, especially some of the helmets look way better. Hopefully it's uphill from here.

Wanted to do a little Renault sister team to Alpine, which started by me picking a colour that would be good on the grid (with 3-4 blue teams, 2 reds, and 1-2 greens already), I figured yellow was now missing and its slot opened. Kept it simple for the sponsors since I only have one, didn't want "ECHO" to be written all over.

As for team name, right now it's a combination of my driver's name and sponsor, so Parsons ECHO F1 Team, but what I'm planning to do is change the team name as soon as we unlock some permanent sponsor tags from the shop or next podium pass. This is new in this game, we have Spation and another one that you can add as sponsors on your car but aren't linked to your current actual sponsors. So say I bought Spation from the store, I would always have it as a sticker I can put on the car. But both currently available sound terrible. My plan is to wait for one to appear that would be a good name for a team, and stick it as my main Sidepod sponsor and name the team after it. I'd carry it season after season regardless of sponsors, and on my drivers suits it would appear front and center, like a real team name.

In the meantime I caught this picture here from my first race, looks like a heated rivalry with AlphaTauri is in the works for this season.

F1_2021_photo_20210713_235915.thumb.png.6e1e04e52839b442f4ad9e28cf9c5b2f.png

I'm really, really, really hoping they eventually add more slots for the stickers like on the halo. I really want to put something on the sides of the drivers head, like where the AT Honda logos are, and on the top of the chassis near the cockpit. Just fill it out, make it less blank. Just more stuff to look at from the camera while I race.

Edited by v12vanquish135

Gone for this hideous yellow monstrosity just to get a car on track quickly. If I must suffer you all must suffer with me. 

(Loving the new showroom feature though!)

E6PZR-1XEAAJEvH.thumb.jpg.74695f5b51babb353c75dcc24678bff4.jpg

E6PZYCzWYAMkF33.thumb.jpg.1ca2d3a362bdbc114cdafb97e201baed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Gone for this hideous yellow monstrosity just to get a car on track quickly. If I must suffer you all must suffer with me. 

Is it wrong that I actually dig this!? Reminds me of some of the original HASS concepts that surfaced in 2015.

DFC008F6-CA97-4CAB-BED2-72E29F824A76.jpeg

Edited by AdamComer
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, AdamComer said:

Is it wrong that I actually dig this!? Reminds me of some of the original HASS concepts that surfaced in 2015.

DFC008F6-CA97-4CAB-BED2-72E29F824A76.jpeg

Really does as well, that's certainly nicer than the real one. 

2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Well well well, seems like Eddie Jordan finally managed to scrape up enough money to fire up a new season for Jordan 😛 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, FlyingDutch020 said:

Attempted to recreate the Vodafone McLaren. Quite happy how it turned out. 

26C3BAA9-2746-4A04-9766-D8733C481310.jpeg

That is damn nice, what livery is that? I thought I'd recognise all from the opening selection but can't place this one without the game in front of me. 

8 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

That is damn nice, what livery is that? I thought I'd recognise all from the opening selection but can't place this one without the game in front of me. 

“Frostfire” I think it was an item shop livery 

• Agree 1
On 7/13/2021 at 11:42 PM, Guga_Cyr said:

Drawing inspiration from Codemasters, Bwoah GP changed the '0' to a '1' on the FIA label inside of the tub & have rolled out the same MyTeam car that was run last year.

Admitting the race against time to launch a brand new car played a large part in his decision to rehash old content - the abrasive team boss did stop short of denying he'd run out of effs to give when quizzed by the assembled press before storming away muttering "something, something... by design and/or licensing".

With all that being said, Hopes for the team this coming season are riding high after confirmation (broken exclusively by none other than one of Will Buxton's many many wrist bands) that the team boss & no. 1 driver has successfully coaxed Ayrton back from the dead to join the team as no. 2 driver to help with development.

Rumors abound the polarizing three-time world champion will be joining his team boss to share driving duties across all 3 days of pre-season testing at Barcelona once he's had his 2nd dose of the covid vaccine.

More to come 😏

F1 2021 Screenshot 2021.07.14 - 12.57.42.03.png

F1 2021 Screenshot 2021.07.14 - 12.58.54.02.png

F1_2021_photo_20210714_130616.png

How did you get the steering wheel to look like that with the yellow color on the handle? Is that an option I am overlooking or missing in the game?  One thing I wish they had for the My Team format is the availability of different aero, chassis and nose designs.

12 minutes ago, NestoChe said:

How did you get the steering wheel to look like that with the yellow color on the handle?

Not an in-game option sadly, but a mod.

Changing the grip colour was super easy, the button labels not so much… But combined they go a long way towards making it much more MYteam. 

27 minutes ago, NestoChe said:

One thing I wish they had for the My Team format is the availability of different aero, chassis and nose designs.

You and me both! Highly unlikely it’ll ever happen though.

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Guga_Cyr said:

Not an in-game option sadly, but a mod.

Changing the grip colour was super easy, the button labels not so much… But combined they go a long way towards making it much more MYteam. 

You and me both! Highly unlikely it’ll ever happen though.

Oh, that's cool! thanks for the info and the reply!, much appreciated. 

In case you didn't know it
If you plan to create a team for the engine manufacturers, in My Team it is not possible to name your team neither Honda nor Renault. However, there is a workaround

Renault replace the L with a capital i : RenauIt

Honda replace the O with a 0 (zero) : H0NDA

• Like 1