Jump to content Jump to content

[MY TEAM] POST YOUR CARS

8 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Cool, which AI %-setting let that happen?

I  d also appreciate an insight how to properly mod a livery, whereever I looked that up you needed photoshop and such, imagine there s some other way (an in game editor be awesome, just saying).

I run 102 AI, I'd probably put it down to weird performance levels in the first two seasons prior to patches and R&D

Yep Photoshop is required. It can be really tedious though. Tom97 goes over it well but glosses over the designing part, but you can figure that out with trial and error and the 3d model projection. Process is the same as F1 2020

On 7/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, AdamComer said:

With the continuation of MyTeam this year let’s carry forwards the Post Your Car megathread! Looking forwards to seeing everyone’s fantastic designs this year, I’ll start!

Season 1: Following a successful buyout of Shark AC-Sport towards the end of 2020, BMW make a return to the sport.

Team Name: BMW Slingshot

Engine: Mercedes

Teammate: Calum Ilott

9C58E854-0E71-4184-9E69-8050D372A8C6.png

A6E66108-EF3D-4B84-8CF1-B71E5E699759.png

188C6873-55B2-4AB0-AF9D-7BDDC33B432B.png

That's cool.

How to turn it out?

On 7/17/2021 at 1:32 PM, KNT2011 said:

Today's store livery gave me some Williams vibes when I started playing around with it

E6f5NGyXEAEG9pH.thumb.jpg.9591e226ba7ec6b9659be2eb803f10a9.jpg

This is genuinely a better Williams than the actual real Williams.

• Like 1

I’ve gone for a theme of poor taste, and I don’t just mean buying a Renault.

As there are 6 slots, I always have 5 WIPs and one spare one that I use for design. Then when a decent livery comes along, I replace one of the 5 with the one in the 6th slot, so I’ll always have 5 liveries ready to go at any one time. 
There’s currently 1 that I like, 1 I think is actually decent, 1 that’s sub-standard, 1 that’s poor and 1 that’s awful.   I’d like to say it’s easy to guess which one is which but looking at them now, it may be a trickier task than I thought. 
I’m hoping some better liveries come out and I have something to work with. 

1EED73C6-37C8-4925-B355-F32361E31342.jpeg

3E2F4219-3176-4A2F-8282-241897EF1F76.jpeg

A2279ECD-6A3F-498B-ABBF-0775F7FDDE30.jpeg

D78A2332-A706-4A80-804C-208983F047A7.jpeg

C7C105C1-09AC-4182-BA0E-B0A73168D1BE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

As there are 6 slots, I always have 5 WIPs and one spare one that I use for design. Then when a decent livery comes along, I replace one of the 5 with the one in the 6th slot, so I’ll always have 5 liveries ready to go at any one time. 
There’s currently 1 that I like, 1 I think is actually decent, 1 that’s sub-standard, 1 that’s poor and 1 that’s awful.   I’d like to say it’s easy to guess which one is which but looking at them now, it may be a trickier task than I thought. 

a light color (white) on top of another light color (yellow) is always a tough choice 😄

5 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

This is pretty cool if you work on the sponsor colours a bit I regret missing this livery. 

I’ve done very limited work on the sponsors yet as I’ve yet to choose the RaceSuit I’m going to wear.  I may just go with the Deluxe one as it kinda suits the car but it restricts sponsor options as it’s a dark suit.
I’m not sure if it’s still the case but last year, whatever colour you had the sponsors was the same on the suit so I was going to try and find a combination that matched both. 
White is tricky to get working with Yellow but Black overalls would rule out darker sponsor colours.  I’ll think of something but maybe a better livery will come out and solve my problems 🤞🏻

6 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’ve done very limited work on the sponsors yet as I’ve yet to choose the RaceSuit I’m going to wear.  I may just go with the Deluxe one as it kinda suits the car but it restricts sponsor options as it’s a dark suit.
I’m not sure if it’s still the case but last year, whatever colour you had the sponsors was the same on the suit so I was going to try and find a combination that matched both. 
White is tricky to get working with Yellow but Black overalls would rule out darker sponsor colours.  I’ll think of something but maybe a better livery will come out and solve my problems 🤞🏻

Yes, the liveries are currently still a bit dull atm, I'm not convinced of leopard pattern or dots and squares. I prefer classic liveries.

Just now, FTBuzzard said:

Yes, the liveries are currently still a bit dull atm, I'm not convinced of leopard pattern or dots and squares. I prefer classic liveries.

I’m having the same issues.  I’ve been through all of them and they’re the best 5 I’ve managed to cobble together that have some style and I can only see 2 actually making it to the track. Hopefully podium pass 2 is different and isn’t just wavy lines and abstract art shapes or I’m going to struggle beyond season 2!

I haven’t started a proper campaign yet until I’ve got at least one or two combinations of helmet, livery and suit that looks like a real team would actually use. 

7 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I’m having the same issues.  I’ve been through all of them and they’re the best 5 I’ve managed to cobble together that have some style and I can only see 2 actually making it to the track. Hopefully podium pass 2 is different and isn’t just wavy lines and abstract art shapes or I’m going to struggle beyond season 2!

I haven’t started a proper campaign yet until I’ve got at least one or two combinations of helmet, livery and suit that looks like a real team would actually use. 

in f1 2020 most of the liveries weren't that great either, but there were one or two good liveries in every season, so there is hope.

5 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Gotta love how those liveries have colored sections in red that you can't change for another color and just break the setup you're trying to do.

• Agree 3

Really trying with these liveries man (random detail on this one is the paint wear on the last shot of the nose, that's very nice I didn't notice till the showroom close up)

E7EcLc7WUA07dAo.thumb.jpg.3ce76714e86ee4fc6a78265e11feaabf.jpg

E7EbamkXoAER5Q2.thumb.jpg.7d4464a2819bd60c200dc992496d2f31.jpg

E7EbezOXoAIuh92.thumb.jpg.34b01ed724700bf385b2879f6df377e4.jpg

E7EblVrX0A4CI6P.thumb.jpg.1480e94efe547b6b15ad17bcd30eb7f8.jpg

E7EbuJ0XIAc3XVe.thumb.jpg.90a4282f5a1b7cbdc3e2860cb2816cef.jpg

• Like 6
  • Disagree 1
20 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Really trying with these liveries man (random detail on this one is the paint wear on the last shot of the nose, that's very nice I didn't notice till the showroom close up)

E7EcLc7WUA07dAo.thumb.jpg.3ce76714e86ee4fc6a78265e11feaabf.jpg

E7EbamkXoAER5Q2.thumb.jpg.7d4464a2819bd60c200dc992496d2f31.jpg

E7EbezOXoAIuh92.thumb.jpg.34b01ed724700bf385b2879f6df377e4.jpg

E7EblVrX0A4CI6P.thumb.jpg.1480e94efe547b6b15ad17bcd30eb7f8.jpg

E7EbuJ0XIAc3XVe.thumb.jpg.90a4282f5a1b7cbdc3e2860cb2816cef.jpg

Nice pick on the decals for the nose, sadly in most cases a car livery design in this game that involves multiple colors of decals will not work well with the race suit that goes with it. Only the stickers on the rear section of the car are free of this interference (2x on rear wing, 1x engine intake, 1x rear section of sidepods). 

Honestly, when can we select decals for livery, race suit & helmet individually

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Nice pick on the decals for the nose, sadly in most cases a car livery design in this game that involves multiple colors of decals will not work well with the race suit that goes with it. Only the stickers on the rear section of the car are free of this interference (2x on rear wing, 1x engine intake, 1x rear section of sidepods). 

Honestly, when can we select decals for livery, race suit & helmet individually

Since my main game mode is online it doesn't show the suit or helmet sponsor decals, only the basic design, I never really have to worry about it, I don't know why it doesn't, it would probably be a nice touch.. but that's CM for you lol. 

• Disagree 1
4 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Since my main game mode is online it doesn't show the suit or helmet sponsor decals, only the basic design, I never really have to worry about it, I don't know why it doesn't, it would probably be a nice touch.. but that's CM for you lol. 

I only focus on MyTeam mode so without this function is just a big stinger for me 😬

I wanted to throw my money at the screen whenever a good looking livery is released, but sadly CM doesn't seems to want me to do that arghhhhh. 

14 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

One of the things that puts me off MyTeam is just how much 'My Team' stands out and it's difficult to blend in with the F1 grid with such limited options. I feel your pain on it and was disappointed there was basically nothing done to customisation, not even the ability to save a group of colours between car, suit and gloves etc. you still have to make note or remember the numbers. Little quality of life things that other games have had for literally generations for some of them. 

They started without number so I guess at least we move forward :classic_rolleyes:

I bemoaned the lack of realistic looking helmets as well for years, Aiden Jackson's this year is fantastic, we should have a range of designs that detailed by now really. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I had literally zero experience doing this. Had to watch a couple of tutorials in YT about it. Yesterday I went to my friend's because he has photoshop and I decided to give it a try. I'm not picky and just did it for the fun, and hell, I wanted to create a proper livery from a fan of this great band. Took me full 4 hours. Here are the results:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

índice.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, rayloriga said:

I had literally zero experience doing this. Had to watch a couple of tutorials in YT about it. Yesterday I went to my friend's because he has photoshop and I decided to give it a try. I'm not picky and just did it for the fun, and hell, I wanted to create a proper livery from a fan of this great band. Took me full 4 hours. Here are the results:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

índice.jpg

That looks cool mate 😎👌

On 7/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, azombie1223 said:

Was inspired by Grand Theft Auto: Vice City color scheme. I'm finally satisfied with it.

08ba207f-437e-4411-8522-5d9b6c1d17ca.png

5391ed4f-caba-415d-b416-ffa2778f6077.png

That’s nice. By any chance do you still have the colours for the car? 

Loving this livery from the store with the block of silver. The onboard looks great, though I don't have a screenshot of that.

Colours are 175/240/50 and 175/240/150.

Screenshot_20210726-015425.jpg

f7a326b3-8b2a-4bbf-9f98-848e88a67b3f.png

• Agree 2