Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Italian Grand Prix

So it's Monza this weekend and 1st practice has ended with Hamilton fastest with his new upgraded Mercedes power unit. Looking good for another win it seems!

I've looked at the speed trap figures. The fastest car is over 221 MPH (on a Friday). That is insane speed!

I'd be surprised if a non-Mercedes car hit the top-5. So I'm hoping for a massive start crash (with no injuries obviously) that eliminates both Hamilton and Rosberg and sees somebody like Hülkenberg leading in front of Vettel, Grosjean and Chilton.

McLaren are just awful. If they didn't have this stupid token system and engine restriction then I'm sure they could have sorted it out quicker. I know the engine limit is for cost cutting, but it is really affecting the enjoyment of the sport. I'm really losing interest in the sport, the penalties have become rediculous. If the sport doesn't change soon I'll probably stop watching, hard for me to say as I've never missed a race since I started watching when I was 6 years old.  :|

Hughesy said:
McLaren are just awful. If they didn't have this stupid token system and engine restriction then I'm sure they could have sorted it out quicker. I know the engine limit is for cost cutting, but it is really affecting the enjoyment of the sport. I'm really losing interest in the sport, the penalties have become rediculous. If the sport doesn't change soon I'll probably stop watching, hard for me to say as I've never missed a race since I started watching when I was 6 years old.  :|
Looks like Ricciardo was handed a 50 place grid penalty too.

Hughesy said:
It's rediculous isn't it... :joy: 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
It's rediculous isn't it... :joy: 
Yep not good for the sport.

Forcing all these arbitrary cost cutting measures then they keep changing the rules every 3 years. Just doesn't make sense. 

If anything could sum up F1's rules right now it would be this.

Button qualified 16th and has a five place penalty. He'll start in 15th place.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/640245731719163904 Another Penalty! I wonder in total how many penalties there are in total this weekend.

I just watched qualifying. I still have no idea who's starting where on the grid.
Nobody does - the rules are a complete joke.

But is it really just that particular rule being responsible for this, or could it also be the incompetence of Renault and Honda? 

fIsince08 said:
The rules existed last season and no one complained...
Think they were allowed six units then compared to five this year, it was originally four for 2015.

Hamilton will drive off into the distance. Vettel will be unchallenged for 2nd. Williams will screw up giving Rosberg 3rd and Kimi will scrap through to 6th.