DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Italian Grand Prix

Can't blame the Mercs for creating boring racing at the front, it's up to the others to catch up. I do think they should open up development throughout the season, don't care about cost, only enjoyable racing. When they had in season testing, racing was a lot more unpredictable. Now with so many restrictions it's very hard to catch up if someone develops a fast car at the start of the season. It's why McLaren are still at the back. 

Hughesy said:
Can't blame the Mercs for creating boring racing at the front, it's up to the others to catch up. I do think they should open up development throughout the season, don't care about cost, only enjoyable racing. When they had in season testing, racing was a lot more unpredictable. Now with so many restrictions it's very hard to catch up if someone develops a fast car at the start of the season. It's why McLaren are still at the back. 

While I agree development should be opened. I don't know that it would really solve Merc dominance. Presumably Mercedes would develop just as well and quickly (if not better and quicker) than any of the other teams. But it is incredibly stupid to bring about such drastic changes to the formula and restrict development. 

Thought they couldn't use Hammer time anymore?
Yes they can,  they tell them to push before pitting so saying that is no different.

I wonder what's wrong with Hamiltons car, why would they be telling him to push? Squeaky bum time :#

And just as I say that Rosberg engine has gone, really worried about Hamilton now 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Merc looking to test the engine upgrades in coniditions at the end of a high rpm race. Rosberg's failure was somewhat expected (at least accepting to Rosberg) as it was an old engine but not sure why they didn't bring a fresh engine for Rosberg anyway, they've only he's three I think. 

EDIT: Or the team thinks Hamilton is gonna get a time penalty for something and needed a bigger gap to cover it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Merc looking to test the engine upgrades in coniditions at the end of a high rpm race. Rosberg's failure was somewhat expected (at least accepting to Rosberg) as it was an old engine but not sure why they didn't bring a fresh engine for Rosberg anyway, they've only he's three I think. 
The engine was rushed through, if they added a new one it would have been an old version added into the pot, so he would have had to use it for 3-4 races before getting the upgraded version.

And Ferrari might have done the same. Thing is Pirelli said they were set fine at the start, so either a slow puncture or the let some out before starting.

Reports now that Ferrari are in the same tire pressure situation?

Hughesy said:
And Ferrari might have done the same. Thing is Pirelli said they were set fine at the start, so either a slow puncture or the let some out before starting.
Didn't they gain pressure not loose any?

I want to see a mass disqualification followed by a Tifosi riot and Checo to take the win.

I want to see a mass disqualification followed by a Tifosi riot and Checo to take the win.
As they stand, if Mercedes and Ferrari get DQ'd, Massa wins!

Hughesy said:
The engine was rushed through, if they added a new one it would have been an old version added into the pot, so he would have had to use it for 3-4 races before getting the upgraded version.
I don't really mean a new engine with the upgrades as there was a fault in Rosbergs and he was running a previous 2015 spec engine. Surely they had an unused engine 2015 (pre-upgrades) that they could have used? 

SynGamer said:
As they stand, if Mercedes and Ferrari get DQ'd, Massa wins!
Actually, that's okay. I like Massa. #PressureGate 

Hughesy said:
Didn't they gain pressure not loose any?
Nope it was 1 tyre 0.2psi under, as it was only 1 then it doesn't seem like it was done on purpose to me. A small amount could have leaked out after doing it and checking. As always confusion after a race, and they wonder why people are fed up with F1.

Hughesy said:
I don't really mean a new engine with the upgrades as there was a fault in Rosbergs and he was running a previous 2015 spec engine. Surely they had an unused engine 2015 (pre-upgrades) that they could have used? 
Yes but then it would be put in the pool of engines allowed, meaning he'd have to run it for many races, and then put in the upgraded spec one. Any engines that are added can't be upgraded after using it. They didn't want to do that as then he'd have to use it for many races falling further behind Lewis.

The note from the stewards only suggest that Mercedes both drivers were under the minimum psi. Ferrari were the only other team checked but they were above the minimum pressure, so they shouldn't be under investigation. 

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/9/mercedes-under-investigation-over-starting-tyre-pressures.html

Well, it'll be either no further action or a full DSQ for Lewis. It's a technical infringement, just the same as running a V10 engine would be a technical infringement. They don't hand out minor penalties for that sort of stuff. 

As a Vettel fan, and a neutral to the title race, I'm spitefully hoping for a DSQ. Vettel wins at Monza, and the title race would be somewhat still on. Rosberg has had such an unlucky weekend he could do with some good news. 

You could argue the 0.3psi could have come out as the push the deuce in the valve, but Rosbergs being over 1psi under? Not sure how that could happen... Either way, if he's found guilty he should be DQ'ed, but also Rosberg should get some penalty for the next race, just because he didn't finish doesn't mean he shouldn't get penalised.

I'm actually having an argument about it on Twitter even though I'm a huge Hamilton fan. The rules are the rules and they didn't follow them, but this guy can't understand it, he is from Norwich though ( sorry @AMS97KRR )  o:)

Hughesy said:
I'm actually having an argument about it on Twitter even though I'm a huge Hamilton fan. The rules are the rules and they didn't follow them, but this guy can't understand it, he is from Norwich though ( sorry @AMS97KRR )  o:)
U WOT M8?

It reminds me of this City chant

"I can't read and I can't write,
But that don't really matter.
Cos I'm a Norwich City fan,
And I can drive a trac'or."

Imagine the Norfolk accent. It's perfect.

But there is also this version which has language in it so I couldn't post it in text :p 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtJGZSmmU4